Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3917021)   #101
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I saw a post on another forum, and I have LITTLE faith in the accuracy, but they said William Storey was "fired" last night. Not sure what "fired" would be other than loosing his CEO title. That story could be very wrong today, but might be right in the long term.
This article seems to suggest that Storey was 'fired', and the tweet was a result of his reaction.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3917028)   #102
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More info from the majority shareholders of Rich Energy...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...-haas/4492643/

Interesting quote...

Quote:
Clearly the rogue actions of one individual have caused great embarrassment. We are in the process of legally removing the individual from all executive responsibilities. They may speak for themselves but their views are not those of the company.
Who said F1 is not exciting?

Richard
Old 11 Jul 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3917029)   #103
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
You really couldn’t make it up - it’s so unbelievable!
Old 11 Jul 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3917030)   #104
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Billy Storey is going to be in the local job centre soon.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3917037)   #105
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Billy Storey is going to be in the local job centre soon.
You can just see it!

“What have you been doing since you last signed on two weeks ago Mr Storey?”

“Well, I won the F1 world title 12 years running!”
Old 11 Jul 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3917053)   #106
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Rich Energy need to get out of this with some face. They have no choice to me than to get rid of Storey. An embarrassment for all concerned
Old 11 Jul 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3917058)   #107
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The battle for control continues...

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...85021750464512

Whoever is in control of the Rich Energy twitter account (probably Storey) claims Storey is in charge, that the "palace coup" has failed and that he has the backing of all key shareholders. He also slags Red Bull and Whyte Bikes at the same time.

Will the real "Rich Energy" please stand up!

Just cancel the British GP and place a boxing ring on the start/finish line. Storey will take on all comers!

Richard
Old 11 Jul 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3917059)   #108
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3917062)   #109
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is possibly becoming more entertaining than the F1 season itself.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3917070)   #110
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You think they would have deleted that tweet about terminating their agreement with HAAS but they haven't? Very odd. I suppose it is giving them publicity....
Old 12 Jul 2019, 03:03 (Ref:3917080)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The person who has access to the twitter account.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3917325)   #112
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if builders could learn anything from this whole thing. Storey could certainly share with them the best approach in digging a deeper and deeper hole.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3917339)   #113
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The car crash continues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rich.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	53480
Old 13 Jul 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3917347)   #114
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
#tiresome #badperson #iwouldimaginetastelikecatwee
Old 13 Jul 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3917361)   #115
Richard C
Veteran

This is actually "old" news (yesterday), but figured to fill in the gaps in the story, I might as well post it here...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...-case/4493480/

Basically, Rich Energy didn't pay the £35K court fees as directed, so Whyte is looking to go back to the courts to get that money...

Quote:
ATB will now be forced to take appropriate action to recover the costs that they have been awarded. This may include applications to the Court to wind up both Rich Energy and Staxoweb and to petition for the bankruptcy of Mr Storey.
So it looks like Storey is the majority owner. I am curious as to what recourse the minority shareholders have at this point. Is there a corporate malfeasance angle to be worked, or do they just have to sit back and ride this out?

In a recent tweet from Rich Energy...

Quote:
Following a board meeting of Rich Energy Ltd chaired by CEO William Storey and in light of the treacherous conduct of minority stakeholders the exclusive rights to distribute @rich_energy have been transferred to another company. Mr Storey retains complete ownership #RichEnergy
I assume this was to remove control of distribution from an entity that Storey didn't control? Maybe part of the distribution chain was previously run by a minority shareholder?

Richard
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3917379)   #116
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well F1 is at least having fun with it and dueling energy drinks
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3917584)   #117
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For a company that has a net worth of -£1,3M they sure do talk a lot of trash.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3917586)   #118
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rich at it again this morning.

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...409007104?s=09
Old 15 Jul 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3917747)   #119
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rich energy have also tweeted a letter from the Haas teams legal representatives stating that Haas have given them 14 days to pay the outstanding sponsorship money, or Haas wil consider taking legal action to recover the funds, £35M, due to the team.

From the letter, it seems Rich Energy are in breach of contract, for not paying agreed fnds & for ending the contract before the first "break" date.

This could run for a long time.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 07:39 (Ref:3917756)   #120
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Rich energy have also tweeted a letter from the Haas teams legal representatives stating that Haas have given them 14 days to pay the outstanding sponsorship money, or Haas wil consider taking legal action to recover the funds, £35M, due to the team.

From the letter, it seems Rich Energy are in breach of contract, for not paying agreed fnds & for ending the contract before the first "break" date.

This could run for a long time.

In my very limited experience with legal representatives it has always been the case that they lose interest quite quickly if it becomes apparent that there is insufficient money present to pay the bill.I have absolutely no doubt that Haas can afford good representation and will be seeking to safeguard their position.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3917779)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can't blame Haas. They had that agreement in place, now it seems they are not stumping up the money. Amateur sponsors
Old 15 Jul 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3917781)   #122
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember a number of people doubting the integrity of Rich Energy/ Mr Storey when the sponsorship was announced. It looks like they were right to do so!
Old 15 Jul 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3917883)   #123
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And there you have it. Always follow the money.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jul 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3917893)   #124
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Haas are absolutely at fault here. Their due diligence obviously wasn't nearly diligent enough. Or (and this is where I'd place my bet) concerns and questions were raised by the people charged with the checks, but they were ignored or over-ruled.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3917902)   #125
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Haas are absolutely at fault here. Their due diligence obviously wasn't nearly diligent enough. Or (and this is where I'd place my bet) concerns and questions were raised by the people charged with the checks, but they were ignored or over-ruled.
Interesting that Williams reportedly turned them down...