Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3970308)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
R.I.P. Sir Stirling Moss

R.I.P. Sir Stirling Moss, a true motor racing hero and legend. I was privileged to meet him, many years a go.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...-moss-has-died
Old 12 Apr 2020, 12:34 (Ref:3970311)   #2
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought of him the other day and wondered how he was getting on. He was a true gentleman and had a wonderful racing career albeit cut short. He & Fangio can now have a good old chat and catch up on things. It is unfortunate that his passing will not have the attendance it would have got in better times.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3970322)   #3
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP
Old 12 Apr 2020, 15:19 (Ref:3970339)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
For me it was sadder when he had to retire from public life, as I missed his views on the sport and it just wasn’t the same. Now he’s gone for good and he will be missed no end. But plenty of memories and even if like me you were too young to see him you can’t help but admire his achievements even if he missed out on the ultimate prize.

I bet him and Jenks are up there now preparing for another assault on the Mille Miglia. RIP Stirling, we’re unlikely to see another like you again
Old 12 Apr 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3970348)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Motor racing losses one of the real great, will any of today's stars be so fondly remembered 60 years from now?
Old 12 Apr 2020, 21:47 (Ref:3970419)   #6
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 23:54 (Ref:3970450)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Clearly not a young man anymore and the bell tolls for us all but it really was something of a shock to see that Stirling was no longer with us.

Sir Stirling will be missed by so many - not just for the feats of derring-do in his youth but also because of his wise views on the current and recent racing worlds. In many ways he provided a form of conscience for recent and current drivers, an understanding of the bigger picture and what "sport" really means.

Someone very special - RIP old boy!
Old 13 Apr 2020, 01:00 (Ref:3970461)   #8
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vale Sir Stirling.

Saw him at my first motor race as a 10 year old boy at Goodwood in 1948 in a 500. Memory fails me as to whether it was a Cooper or a Keift but it was quick enough to keep ERA's in sight and the crowd on their feet.

Saw him in Action again at the Albert Park GP in 1956 and on a number of occasions in early Tasman events. Truely a master.

Makes me wonder at a time like this what would be considered his greatest drive. My choioce would be between:

Argentine GP in a Cooper nursing tyres that shouldn't have made it.
Mille Migla in a Mercedes 300SL sports car with Jenks.
Pescara in a Vanwall by almost a lap. Just check the length of a Pescara lap.

We have been left some wonderful memories and some great inspiration.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 06:47 (Ref:3970497)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Words like hero, legend and icon are often (over) used at times like this but sadly for Sir Stirling they hardly seem adequate. Rest In Peace Old Boy, and thank you for everything.