Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2020, 15:17 (Ref:3990407)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm not sure anything in Milton Keynes has ever been referred to as a 'nice landmark'
Or 'useful'.....
Old 23 Jul 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3990411)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Believe me, there are far worse places to be. It once was just a concrete jungle but take a walk around Caldecott lake and look at some of the properties overlooking the water. Granted the shopping mall is a bit old hat but it does have everything one needs, apart from a race shop.

So, mock if you wish, but it is one of the nicer places to live in the UK. That said, I live in the Bucks countryside and wouldn't swap that for anything.
Old 23 Jul 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3990418)   #53
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Believe me, there are far worse places to be. It once was just a concrete jungle but take a walk around Caldecott lake and look at some of the properties overlooking the water. Granted the shopping mall is a bit old hat but it does have everything one needs, apart from a race shop.

So, mock if you wish, but it is one of the nicer places to live in the UK. That said, I live in the Bucks countryside and wouldn't swap that for anything.
I think your experience of "interesting" parts of the world might mean you see things at home that other people who spend all their time here don't...
Old 31 Jul 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3991796)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MK is bloody brilliant to be honest. Lacks charm perhaps but it is laid out properly and I can't think of many places like that. That sounds boring but it just makes life more bearable.

Compare it to where I live, which was built incredibly badly to begin with, absolutely zero infrastructure and is now just getting shopping villages and thousands of houses added constantly.

I truly envy the options for cyclists in MK. That alone makes me want to move there.

This is the most pointless bump in the history of the forum, sorry.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 12:17 (Ref:3991844)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I heard MK can be a bit of a maze to drive around due to the road layout looking pretty much the same all around the town. I'm sure there's plenty to do there, if you can find it. I know my brother works at Argos up there, so I'm sure he's got used to finding his way round there
Old 31 Jul 2020, 21:02 (Ref:3991966)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I moved down there for a job many years ago. We’re not living in Milton Keynes we said, snobs that we are. I probably still wouldn’t as there are some nice places just to the West and East, but I’m more up for it than I was. It ain’t bad.

Driving round is odd, but not because of the roundabouts and them all being the same. The layout is good and helps if you are vaguely competent and not a snob about it. However you can’t see much, it’s all green as mostly the houses and work places are away from the road. Which when you think about it is nice.

Cycling is pretty good, they have lots of “redways” which help moving around by foot or bike. However they had an unforeseen consequence. At night people don’t like to use them as they are away from the roads! Doesn’t feel as safe. The lighting is fine and I don’t think there is a particular crime issue, but it is secluded. Which I’m one way is nice, but not always.

Also there is a rule about the height of buildings. Consequently in the centre there aren’t any high rises and not many people can live there. Sounds nice, but again here is an unintended consequence is that the restaurants and bars don’t tend to have a critical mass for natural atmosphere.

But why should everywhere be the same. Be dull wouldn’t it. MK’s alright I tell ya. Red Bull are there and it’s close Silverstone too.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3992021)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I heard too cycling is pretty good there. So that’s a plus there
Old 1 Aug 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3992115)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I went to the Marshall factory a few years ago and got to have a rattle around on a some of their amps. That was fun.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 17:02 (Ref:3992125)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I went to the Marshall factory a few years ago and got to have a rattle around on a some of their amps. That was fun.

Did you check out Bletchley Park?
Old 1 Aug 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3992128)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Did you check out Bletchley Park?
Unfortunately no. I would like to have but I didn't have time. Have you been there?
Old 1 Aug 2020, 17:25 (Ref:3992130)   #61
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Unfortunately no. I would like to have but I didn't have time. Have you been there?
Bletchley Park yes - it's really good. Marshall's factory? No
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3992912)   #62
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see that the weather seems to be like last weekend. Very hot on Friday, cooler on Saturday and even cooler on Sunday = easy Mercedes win