Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Aug 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3993758)   #26
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I pray it never happens but one day theres going to be an horrendous accident with all these people on cool down laps. Verstappen did a laptime of 3:01 on one lap, its ridiculous.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3993760)   #27
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I pray it never happens but one day theres going to be an horrendous accident with all these people on cool down laps. Verstappen did a laptime of 3:01 on one lap, its ridiculous.
They narrowly avoided one yesterday. Verstappen was slow through the esses and his engineer didn't warn him about Leclerc. He said Leclerc was on a slow lap, so wasn't paying attention to him - but Leclerc had sped up.

Buttttt. Do we really need more rules, about driving at minimum speeds etc?
Old 8 Aug 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3993783)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like it could be windy too.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 13:19 (Ref:3993784)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was excellent lap from Norris, up to 4th.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3993787)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crikey it’s close!
Old 8 Aug 2020, 13:38 (Ref:3993788)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are Merc looking to start the race on softs?

Interesting.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3993790)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Woo, jeepers.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3993791)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Are Merc looking to start the race on softs?

Interesting.
Nah, just having a go.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3993792)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see they backed off.

If you were new to the sport and someone had to explain to you why ham and bottas backed off there...silly!

Also, Merc never covers their opposition. Why Bottas didnt opt to make a play with the hards? He is not going to beat Ham with the same strategy imo.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 14:01 (Ref:3993793)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Well maybe Bottas can!

Well done.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 14:01 (Ref:3993794)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas on pole. He needs to have a good start.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3993795)   #37
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Really good qualifying session that!

Interesting grid, great performance by Nico!!!

Role reversal from last week, let’s see Lewis hunting now!
Old 8 Aug 2020, 14:10 (Ref:3993797)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I see they backed off.

If you were new to the sport and someone had to explain to you why ham and bottas backed off there...silly!
I think you explain that they start on the tyres they set the time on and they preferred the other tyre. You can supplement that by explaining that they wanted a practice for the next go.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3993798)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Well maybe Bottas can!

Well done.
Boom. Nice one BOT.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 14:21 (Ref:3993801)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think you explain that they start on the tyres they set the time on and they preferred the other tyre. You can supplement that by explaining that they wanted a practice for the next go.
Of course but by that time, buddy had already stopped listening to me 5mins earlier.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 14:45 (Ref:3993805)   #41
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Hulk puts it P3 on the Grid. Great work!
Old 8 Aug 2020, 15:48 (Ref:3993815)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a session, Bottas takes pole, he will be eager for revenge for last weekend. But Hulk P3, wouldn’t it be great if that was translated into the same result tomorrow? And what about Gasly? He’s been on fire this season

Glad Russell got into Q2, doesn’t look like he’s going to get a penalty this time. Vettel really has gone off the boil hasn’t he?
Old 8 Aug 2020, 16:40 (Ref:3993822)   #43
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Just trying to clarify, did hulk set his fastest q2 lap on soft? If so he could struggle early in the race? Potential 3 stop race and try to use the speed of that car?
Old 8 Aug 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3993824)   #44
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Just trying to clarify, did hulk set his fastest q2 lap on soft? If so he could struggle early in the race? Potential 3 stop race and try to use the speed of that car?
I think not. I think he used yellows like everyone else except Verstappen (white)
Old 8 Aug 2020, 17:26 (Ref:3993828)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Been out since end of quali did Ocon get a penalty re incident with Russel?

Last edited by GT6; 8 Aug 2020 at 17:32.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 17:29 (Ref:3993830)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Been out sice end of quali did Ocon get a penalty re incident with Russel?
Yes, a three place grid penalty. He now starts the race from 14th.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3993832)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thank you
Old 8 Aug 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3993833)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hulkenberg does that just before they announce Vettel will be taking the seat. Makes you sick really.
Old 8 Aug 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3993839)   #49
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Hulkenberg does that just before they announce Vettel will be taking the seat. Makes you sick really.
I do wonder if Racing point will be taking a step back if they haven’t signed already....Vettel isn’t exactly doing much at the moment is he?
Old 8 Aug 2020, 18:21 (Ref:3993840)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He wasn't doing much when the rumour started either.

Vettel potentially signing for RP has very little to do with current form, and more the idea of having a World Champion tutoring Lance and the marketing that goes with it. That's about it.