Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2000, 19:57 (Ref:18568)   #1
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It was fun reading about everyone's opinion on how this season has progressed so far. I have to say that for the first time in my life I'm getting sick of one man...Ron Dennis. I simply cant understand this man. Why he's chosen the path to openly criticize jacques after the canadian GP and blame him of blocking Mika during the race. Now this a a ****ing joke or something! I was beside the hairpin at Ciruit Gilles d Villeneuve and my few cents worth of F1 knowledge is enough to tell me that he was driving the wheels off that BAR. It was shaking so badly under braking at the hairpin that every time he braked so super-late I thought he would go-off in the gravel.

Ron putting blame of Mika's debacle on jacques is just pur frustration oozing out of the fact that his own team was unable to call-in Mika when it mattered most, the lap when Michael and rubens came in the pits and Mika strolled past! Ron must've been feeling like a jackass standing in that pitwall. This is not the first time this season Ron has vent his frustration. When shumacher made a **** of him at melbourne and brazil he was ****ed off at Michael and waging in unnecessary war of words with him. Similiarly I dont understand why he chose to criticize the Monaco GP for a stupid reason. May be he knew that his team is no match for the Ferraris there.

Instead of acting like an arrogant ******* and saying things without thinking Ron must concentrate on beating one man who's dominated this season and is now in a position to literally take the title on a plate! If Mika's motivation is down it's not due to his age but stupid Mclaren tactics and idiotic principles of "Character".

In my opinion Shoe has virtually sealed the title this season as his. Mclaren/Ron/Adrian/Mika/David need the fight of their lives to do something against him. They cant beat this man with 'principles' and 'character'. They have to declare an all out war on Ferrari and Michael and if Mika cant take the fight then he should assume a clear supporting role to DC. Although I still have doubts about DC's abilities to take the fight to Michael and if he cant deliver RON MUST SIGN JACQUES FOR 2001 without any hesitation.

As far as what has happened so far this season only Ron Dennis is to be blamed. And Ferrari's revival are dangerous signs. Michael may be 4 times World champion at the end of 2001!

Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:12 (Ref:18603)   #2
Raelene
Rookie

Raelene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been having a go at Ron this season and some don't agree... until of course he has a go at Jacques. Ron is a ****er and a whiner and this time JV was his target because he had nothing to have a go at in regards to Ferrari....

Ron won't sign JV because JV said that he wont' agree to all the corporate terms McLarne want. Last year JV had TWO official corporate events compared to DC's 100. McLaren are too stuffy for JV... he obviously doesn't want to win enough to sacrifice his own personal image... and that's his perogative.. he doesn't want to become something he's not.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:36 (Ref:18616)   #3
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron Dennis only moans and whines about people who don't like him, or who he doesn't like. The trouble is, a lot of people don't like Ron - Jacques is one of them. There was an interesting story told in this week's Autosport:

Quote:
...goes way back to the days long before he was a star. To 1991, in fact, when he was at Suzuka for the Japanese GP looking for a drive in Formula 3.

That weekend, he met Pollock, his former PE teacher, for the first time in several years, and asked him to become his manager. He also met McLaren boss Ron Dennis.

Pollock remembers: "Jacques was invited by me, as a representative of Suzuka circuit, to the Log Cabin bar. Ayrton Senna had just won the championship and Ron was there celebrating with his wife and Senna. Jacques was sitting in the corner. Ron said: 'You are nothing to do with Formula 1, what are you doing here ? You are not welcome.' Jacques never forgot it."

"Finally, in his first year in F1 ['96], the night Damon won the championship and I shaved David Coulthard, Mika Salo and Jacques' heads, Jacques went straight up to Ron and said: 'I just want to say one thing to you and that is: '**** you. I'm in F1 now and i'm staying here.' Jacques was, in a certain way, both right and wrong to do it. He just had it burning inside him."
Says it all really. There's no love lost between the two of them and, one can only speculate, quite a few others on the grid too...
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:43 (Ref:18620)   #4
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you've put the nail on the coffin Freud. I want to see Shui win the title this year, not only because i feel he deserves it, but because I love seeing and hearing Ron Dennis's bull**** excuses. Ron thinks that unless Mika is leading a race then someone is trying to screw him over. Isnt it funny , how Ron only complains about backmarkers when it happens to Mika. I can remember numerous races where Dc has been held up and Ron is found silent. I think we know where the loyalty stands.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:44 (Ref:18622)   #5
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ron's reaction was in part due to Autosport's article on JV last week (this week in North America). Anyway the article took a pretty nice shot at Ron Dennis's image. Apparently, at the Japanese GP some time ago after Senna's championship Ron his wife and Senna were at the famous log cabin bar at Suzuka. A young Jacques was there as a guest of Pollock's. Anyway Ron saw JV quietly sitting in the corner and rudely told him that he did not belong at the bar b/c he had nothing to do with F1 and told him he was not welcome there. Jacques never forgot this unwarranted dressing down and after Hill had one the championship in 96 JV walked over to Ron in the very same bar and told him: f*** you. I am in F1 now and I will stay here. Now Dennis probably didn't want this little debacle to ever reach the press and was undoubtedly upset when he saw it in autosport last week.

I agree though that Dennis was undoubtedly frustrated by another poor showing from his team and drivers. His comments were wholly unjustified and pretty mysterious actually.

**Damn you Fatbloke for making me write all of that**
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:50 (Ref:18626)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well well well, something tells me we won't be seeing JV in the McLaren next year. Ok, Panis and DC it is then.

Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:51 (Ref:18627)   #7
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's an interesting point, neutral, when did he ever have a dig at anyone over something involving DC ? There is a lot of politics going on in that team right now - Norbert Haug is a DC fan, and Ron is a Hakkinen lover. This is plain to see, and I expect it's tearing Ron apart that he can't do a damned thing about it now that he sold 40% of the team to Mercedes (Haug's employers!) You watch the comments which the two of them make about their respective drivers at the next GP...
Old 22 Jun 2000, 05:21 (Ref:18677)   #8
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norbert Haug ???
The man loves Michael !!!!lol...Now what Ron...run?

"Michael may be 4 times World champion at the end of 2001!"
....slurp slurp slurp!!!

Old 22 Jun 2000, 07:53 (Ref:18682)   #9
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought, after reading much of the above, a quote I remembered from Adriane Galisteu regarding Ron Dennis was appropriate:

Quote:
"I only saw him a couple of times over the year, and couldn't understand why he would keep smiling when Beco's car abandoned the race. It was too much for me"
Interesting....

Old 22 Jun 2000, 10:51 (Ref:18698)   #10
Schume
Racer

Schume should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron Dennis may have achieved a lot at McLaren and no doubt he deserves his CBE???
But, his attitude seems to have got more sour in recent times.
For sure he is a Mika Man, you only have to look at him when DC delivers like in Monaco, the podium pics said it all.
As mentioned above there is probably a fair bit of internal strife going on at McLaren. DC and Mika are snipping at each other. NH can probably see DC as a good bet for being a WDC some time soon. He would be a Mercedes PR Dream compared to Mika.
Everyone expects Mika to retire fairly soon, he certainly has a touch the Damon Hill Syndrome at the minute, and that would leave RD out on a limb. Building a team round DC, a guy he is not that keen on, would really cheese him off.

So I guess that for the mean time we have to endure RD (Complains 'Bout Everything....Mika only) moaning on everytime something goes against him. Not to mention that Siemens ad they keep running during GP progs...makes me want to scream.
They must a big bag of lemons in the McLaren truck.

PS
At least he was honest about what DC did in Canada.
Old 22 Jun 2000, 20:04 (Ref:18767)   #11
freud
Veteran

Reading the comments above I've got to say I misunderstood Ron Dennis completely. Now I am realising how an arse this guy could be. Mika must not live in dream world. Ron/Haug & Co. just want the constructor title and he doesnt give a damn about the driver's championship. And once he finds another driver who licks arse and is a bit fast, he'll kick Mika out of the team. And as some of you say he doesnt like DC then why he's so keen on keeping DC for 2001? He can easily sign a German driver that would make Merz happier.

In my opinion Ferrari's fortunes turning can be a big impact on F1 in future years. Under Ross Brawn Ferrari has build the resources and foundation with which it can progresss to become most dominant constructor for the next decade. I see titles for Michael and drivers afterwards.

And Finally, how lucky is Michael. He's got great money, he's got a great car which has the best reliabilty record in past 3 years, he's got the FIA backing him, he's got the tifosi backing him, he's got a 'arse-licker' team-mate, and finally he's fighting an enemy which is fast but 'un-reliable'. Any body would just love to be in his shoes.
Old 22 Jun 2000, 20:53 (Ref:18776)   #12
Raelene
Rookie

Raelene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

oh, I thought this was a Ron bashing thread.....not a Michael bashing thread ;-)
Old 22 Jun 2000, 21:58 (Ref:18795)   #13
renniesmill
Rookie

renniesmill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from reading the comments above, me too starting to dislike RD... and also MH abit.... and starting to like DC!!!!

so strange this world, one or two comments can change you... or maybe its just me...
;P
Old 22 Jun 2000, 22:59 (Ref:18804)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The fact is that Ron Dennis is the boss of one of the most successful team of F1, and the best team in the last years...
He thinks... no... he's sure that he and his team are above all the rest in the bussiness. The 80's and the 90's only improved his "superior" ego. Everything he says reflect this profile; He is not making a point, or expressing his point of view... he is saying the plain truth... I wonder how much time will take for him to claim the place of Bernie...
He is so sure of what he believes to be, that he is certain that his car is above the drivers... no matter who drives them, they can only be winners...
That's why he says that McLaren will come up with the points debt... it is only a matter of calculations...
Old 23 Jun 2000, 16:04 (Ref:18987)   #15
Schume
Racer

Schume should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's only a matter of calculations, as Bononi says.

But even RD must have figured out that if the current top 4 drivers in the WDC continue to score at their average rate, based on the first 8 races, then MS will be crowned WDC at Monza.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 08:22 (Ref:19119)   #16
freud
Veteran

In my opinion if Michael wins 2 of the next 3 GPs and gives a podium finish in 3rd while the Macs break down in any one, he'll be the 2000 WC at Hockenheim.

Him becoming triple WC is not the end of the world but it's definitely surprising that he's doing it so easily c/o terrible mercedez/mclaren reliability and 'principles' of Ron Dennis. I would've definitely loved to see some fight between Michael and Mika but it seems Mika has totally run out of luck. This season has been truly devastating for him. As far as DC is concerned when FIA took those 6 points away from him at brazil, I thought his season was pretty much over. off-course one can fight-back but as we've seeen in recent years... 'fightbacks dont yield championships'. Damon, Jacques, Michael and Irvine failed to do so in 1994, 96, 97, 98 and 99 respectively. THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL.... MICHAEL SHUMACHER IS THE WORLD CHAMPION 2000!! No second thoughts in my mind.

PS... Dont think I'm impressed. Its the rule of the law! the law of averages.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 08:30 (Ref:19120)   #17
freud
Veteran

BTW, Dear Moderators, when I started this forum I'd posted 301 times. After 2 more posts I'm still on 301. Please check this out.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 14:56 (Ref:19183)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well ron has now gone a bit to far..he is planning and still might eventually to sue nick hiedfeld ..there is a topic about ron and bernie in the sportscar forum which makes very interesting reading..it resulted in a sportscar site being closed down and some other intersting replies have poped up..
Old 24 Jun 2000, 20:12 (Ref:19218)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst trolling about for a McLaren email address, I came across another site that reports it has been closed down by McLaren's Legal Bloke threatening them if they don't.

Personally I think Mr. Dennis has (1) lost his last marble or (2) decided that when he grows up - should he live - he wants to be Bernie.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 23:28 (Ref:19261)   #20
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
He's also running away with it because apart from McLaren, there isn't anyone else who can give Ferrari a run for their money. If McLaren stuff it up, the championship is his.

Last season, they had real competition, and it was a fair old scrap between McLaren, Ferrari and Jordan. Jordan can't even get a car to the finish line this season.

Dammnit I want 1999 again.

GO FRENTZEN!

Old 26 Jun 2000, 08:59 (Ref:19545)   #21
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
high downforce!

Minardi Fan!!...lol@U!

Hi Freud !
How many times did the Doctor say u have to repeat "Michael Schumacher WDC 2000"...er...before the sour taste goes!!
Old 26 Jun 2000, 12:10 (Ref:19575)   #22
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Frentzen: The REAL F1 champion

Watch your cheek sonny...
Old 27 Jun 2000, 06:11 (Ref:19755)   #23
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I never liked Ron really but you have just given me a reason not to like him. Don't like Micheal or Mika but I goto say that Micheal deserves the championship more than I am in the right spot Mika.

Ron wants Jacques at Mclaren to be a puppet. well it wouldn't be Jacques then it wouold be a Mclaren Puppet that would suck. I can't see Jacques fitting in at Mclaren But I can't see him fitting in at Williams but he did that