Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:54 (Ref:913562)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fisichella - where was he?

It seems the myth that Fisichella should be in a top team is slowly unravelling.

Was he actually in the Malaysian Grand Prix?

I didn't see him once.

Yet again this very average driver turns in a performance of total anonymity.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:56 (Ref:913566)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Another bloodbath for Fisi. Massa killed him.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:59 (Ref:913572)   #3
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasn't he even behind heidfeld until nick had problems after his first stop or did i get it wrong?

Last edited by flor; 21 Mar 2004 at 09:04.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:00 (Ref:913573)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Fisi's star is waining imo.

first point of the season to Massa, and out-performed his more experienced team-mate all weekend!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:04 (Ref:913580)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad really. Because he's such a nice bloke I'd like hin toi succeed but I doubt very much if he will.

The analogy here of course is his time at Benneton where he was Flav's fave whilst Button got second best. He's possibly siffering the same as JB did whereby his stated desire to be in a "top team" may be affecting the Sauber personnel's attitude to him.

Just a theory mind you.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:22 (Ref:913636)   #6
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess he spent the race dreaming of Ferrari.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:24 (Ref:913643)   #7
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a very good point, where was he!? I didn't here is name mentioned or even see him during the whole race! Massa certainly is impressing so far and looks a whole lot more likely to be a candidate for any Ferrari seat that Fisi
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:36 (Ref:913676)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know where he was!

11th, behind the abysmal Toyotas and rookie Christian Klien.

Not acceptable for a guy who wants a top seat.

With young, fresh guys like Webber and Button doing so well (minor blip for Webber today sadly) he's got no chance. Sorry.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:44 (Ref:913689)   #9
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi who? I think this is the coin term in the paddock now.

This lad really needs to open it up NOW if he wants a drive next year.

I mean..a drive in a Minardi or something.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:47 (Ref:913697)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
His pace so far this season has been disappointing. Massa has been faster consistantly despite his troubles with staying on the track, and he hasn't damaged a car yet anyway. Big improvement is needed, otherwise he has no hope of a top drive.

Where is Inigo to defend him?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:48 (Ref:913700)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Inigo M. Do you want chips with that pie?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:49 (Ref:913702)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
If he continues to drive like this, his concerns need not be getting a top drive, but getting any drive.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:49 (Ref:913703)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's coming out of the oven in any case....
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:53 (Ref:913716)   #14
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly I agree. I've been a fan for a while (since 98 with the Benetton, I was always willing him to beat Wurz), but Brazil aside last year I think he was quite poor, he's started this season in identical fashion. I don't think he wants to be in a Sauber at all and that's affecting him. He needs to perform FAST or it could be all over for him.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:15 (Ref:913746)   #15
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think I remember something about a 49 seconds pitstop.
Not quite sure whether that was Fisi, though.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:21 (Ref:913756)   #16
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi did get bundled down to last place on lap one,and remained a good 20 secs or so behind Massa ever since.

Nevertheless,as a Fisi-fan, I'm really disappointed with 2004 so far.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:21 (Ref:913757)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm very much surprised. Fisi was often praised as a top driver, great talent, "under-rated", fast driver...but now when he finally had a Ferrari engine in his backside plus a load of experience and a car that is fast, he is out-qualified and out performed in the race by his inexperienced and still wild teammate Massa.

Surely not expected...has Fisi not settled in or is he simply losing it and giving up? His greatest chance to prove his worth for that Williams seat is now getting undone.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:24 (Ref:913763)   #18
Russ
Rookie

Russ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice that all the people posting in the Williams '05 thread yesterday that said i was wrong to call Fisi [poor] aren't on here sticking up for him...probably becuse i was right after all,;-) He put in an amazingly average performance today,and if anyone is going to be getting a Ferrari seat in a few years time it's Felipe!

Autocensor dodge, Russ, read the rules of this forum if you wish to remain a member. That's the second time I've had to eduit a post. EERO
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:26 (Ref:913770)   #19
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi has never been quick around Sepang for some reason. Massa did a good job, but I think Fisi will get on top of him soon.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:31 (Ref:913774)   #20
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi usually comes on strong after first few races. Ralf and Wurz had a distinct upperhand on him when they were first teamed together but after those initial races Fisi stamped his authority.

Two races is WAY too early to make sweeping conclusions! Massa is great value though and I cannot wait to see him in a top car for comedy and drama
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:31 (Ref:913775)   #21
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He isn't "cr2p", merely under-performing and not living up to expectations.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 11:41 (Ref:913875)   #22
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins

Two races is WAY too early to make sweeping conclusions!
If you are paying top money for a driver you would expect them to be on it from race one down to the grand finali. not unreasonable in my book.
Can't see Frank or anyone else employing Fisi for '05.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 11:47 (Ref:913876)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I notice that all the people posting in the Williams '05 thread yesterday that said i was wrong to call Fisi [poor] aren't on here sticking up for him...probably becuse i was right after all,;-)
The reason that people said that you were wrong, is because Fisi isn't [poor], he's under-performing from where he should be.

No driver that is paid alot of money is [poor], it's just that some are better than others.

Mr. V, you know the rules on Autocensor dosging, please don't follow the examples of Newbies
Old 21 Mar 2004, 12:31 (Ref:913893)   #24
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who has had a perfect season so far apart from Schumacher? Everybody is making mistakes except him.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 15:33 (Ref:913991)   #25
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
Two races is WAY too early to make sweeping conclusions! Massa is great value though and I cannot wait to see him in a top car for comedy and drama
I think people are coming to conclusions, simply because all we've heard from Fisi for years now, is how he wants a top ride.

Well, if your going to talk-the-talk, you better walk-the-walk, or fans will have no patience for you, and deservedly so. Maybe its a case of self imposed pressure by Fisi himself thats to blame here, but one thing is certain, if he doesn't get into the points quickly, it will be over for him, if its not already...

Danica Patrick