Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Mar 2004, 10:53 (Ref:916276)   #1
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie in trouble

One of the biggest sponsors (Scottish Damovo) stops supporting the team of Eddie Jordan. So Eddie's budget will be € 11 million less. Quick Nick seems to be the first victim of these budgettary problems.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:11 (Ref:916298)   #2
John Abrahamsen
Rookie

John Abrahamsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats not bloody good .. I doubt Jordan will sack Nick anyway, he`s faster than ever these days.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:14 (Ref:916299)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where did you hear this? It is a shame if true.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:26 (Ref:916313)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's been stories about trouble at Damovo for ages.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened before now, if it's true.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:42 (Ref:916331)   #5
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Eddie in trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by minirda
One of the biggest sponsors (Scottish Damovo) stops supporting the team of Eddie Jordan. So Eddie's budget will be € 11 million less. Quick Nick seems to be the first victim of these budgettary problems.
I think you're behind the times a bit there - didn't they leave a few months ago? Before the start of this season anyway. I'm sure I remember reading about that... In any case - €11 million! It's surely inconceivable that they were giving that much money to Jordan. If they were, they're mad!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:50 (Ref:916338)   #6
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Where did you hear this? It is a shame if true.
Several Dutch newssites brought this news. (For example Raceplace and the official homepage of dutch JV) The story goes Nick Heidfeld has to leave due to the lack of funding. Surely he is faster as his teammate but he didn't bring any sponsoring to the team. At least Pantano brings 500.000,-- US dollars each race.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:51 (Ref:916340)   #7
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For once this is not a big deal for Eddie.

This story has been out and about since January when Business F1 reported that EJ was claiming damages of $700K from Damovo for allegedly breaking the contract a year early.

The figure of $11M I don't see as accurate, Damovo were only a relatively minor sponsor, they are listed as funding the team to the tune of $1.2M in their 2003 budget.

They are not listed at all in Jordan's 2004 budget figures, where the biggest contributor's are Ford Europe $10M and B&H with $7.5M.

This is a retrospective matter for EJ and (for once) will have no impact on his team this year. IMO.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:53 (Ref:916342)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Several Dutch newssites brought this news. (For example Raceplace and the official homepage of dutch JV) The story goes Nick Heidfeld has to leave due to the lack of funding. Surely he is faster as his teammate but he didn't bring any sponsoring to the team. At least Pantano brings 500.000,-- US dollars each race.
This wouldn't have anything to do with the Jordan and Jos debacle would it
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:06 (Ref:916355)   #9
Testure
Veteran

Quote:
Several Dutch newssites brought this news. (For example Raceplace and the official homepage of dutch JV)
Might I suggest to you that you get your news from a more independent source? As noted already, this is quite an old story, will have little/no effect on the current season and the €11 million figure is crazy. In any case, whilst Nick bring less sponsorship than, say, Jos, he also has lower salary needs.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:21 (Ref:916376)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
This wouldn't have anything to do with the Jordan and Jos debacle would it

Spot on ! A bunch of furious JV fans maybe...
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:35 (Ref:916400)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A Jos fansite calling itself Raceplace seems cheeky. Crashplace or Crawlplace would be more apt.

They can dream all tehy like, but Jos isn't getting into a car this year, and probably not any other. He burned his bridges with Minardi and wasn't favoured by Jordan, despite having more sponsorship and experience (including at Jordan) than Pantano.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:36 (Ref:916404)   #12
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Testure
Might I suggest to you that you get your news from a more independent source? As noted already, this is quite an old story, will have little/no effect on the current season and the €11 million figure is crazy. In any case, whilst Nick bring less sponsorship than, say, Jos, he also has lower salary needs.
Is German's www.f1welt.com more reliable and independent to you all, then?
This site is perhaps the most reliable newssite in Europe. F1welt has published a similar article of the trouble at Jordan because of the lost of a major sponsor, after a long legal struggle.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:49 (Ref:916417)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
This site is perhaps the most reliable newssite in Europe. F1welt has published a similar article of the trouble at Jordan because of the lost of a major sponsor, after a long legal struggle.
All I can understand is that they call Eddie Irvine "DOKTOR"...
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:53 (Ref:916421)   #14
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
A Jos fansite calling itself Raceplace seems cheeky. Crashplace or Crawlplace would be more apt.

They can dream all tehy like, but Jos isn't getting into a car this year, and probably not any other. He burned his bridges with Minardi and wasn't favoured by Jordan, despite having more sponsorship and experience (including at Jordan) than Pantano.
www.raceplace.nl and www.verstappen.nl are two different sites!! The first one is a wellinformed newssite, the other one "just" a fansite.

By the way: It wasn't my intention with this thread to suggest that Jordan losing a sponsor will get Jos nearer to a f1 seat.

minirda (who refuses to stop dreaming of the return of both JV's this year)
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:08 (Ref:916448)   #15
Testure
Veteran

Quote:
OK, I read the article there. Two points:
1. This has been known about for a few months. Their logo hasn't been on the car since last year, I think. It's not news, so for f1welt.com to publish it as news tells me that they're maybe not the most clued-in of F1 sites.
2. The €11 million figure is repeated on the site, but without any mention of how they came up with it. As has been mentioned, the team publish their accounts and there's no mention of such a huge sum. I can't believe they were giving €11 million to Jordan, even taking into account any equipment/expertise they may have supplied - look at the size of their logos on the car.

I don't mean to bug you, but I'll admit to being annoyed that a rumour full of such mistakes is being reported as news. Particularly if it's being used to give false hope to Jos' fans.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 15:51 (Ref:916636)   #16
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought this was about Mr. Irvine speeding now on a skateboard!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:19 (Ref:916832)   #17
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hos still seems to be very much in love with Jordan though... :-)

http://www.humorkaart.nl/lachvandeda...orkaart-22.htm
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:21 (Ref:916837)   #18
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hos = Jos of course
Old 24 Mar 2004, 09:12 (Ref:917593)   #19
Ej10
Racer

Ej10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is very very old news! Damavo left Jordan at the end of 2003. There is no legal battle either. Damavo increased their sponsership for the second half of 2003 as a buy out clause for having to sponser jordan in 2004. Remember the sticker beside the driver from silverstone onwards!