Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jan 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2814841)   #26
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who mentioned donuts? But if there are some going, feel free to bring them.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2814890)   #27
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know about that.....bring thermals would be more apposite, I'd have thought!
Old 16 Feb 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2832040)   #28
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys,

Thought that I would treat myself and attend the show Saturday week....

I have always wanted to go and they say it's much nicer and friendlier than Autosport International at the NEC.

I have been media accredited so at least do not have to pay an entry fee and can also take fotos around the Live Action Arena, some of which I will post here ( if that's possible ) and all of them in my Photobucket account.

I looked at all the travel options and the most reasonable is by coach.

I have a Bus Pass so can get to Heathrow free, take the National Express coach to Coventry (Return fare £18.50 inc Insurance) and then another free bus to Stoneleigh Park.

As Richard is not around that day, I need to spend £10.00 on Taxis to get me to and from Walton Station where the bus goes from to Heathrow.

£28.50 is simply amazing as the cheapest advance fare by rail was £47.60 plus taxis and tube fares, of course.

Also going by train, tube, taxis and the bus to and from the venue to Coventry Station is no quicker.

Getting older does have some advantanges you know ....

Taking the car was never an option and the petrol cost plus parking would have been too much let alone more wear and tear on the MX-6 - poor dear !!!

Paula

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 16 Feb 2011 at 11:00.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2832046)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going Friday. Are we having a natter and a noggin???. Outside Max's stand i guess.Say midday.WDYT
Old 16 Feb 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2832048)   #30
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I'm going Friday. Are we having a natter and a noggin???. Outside Max's stand i guess.Say midday.WDYT
TRAITOR!

whats wrong with our stand?...lmao...
Old 16 Feb 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2832069)   #31
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
TRAITOR!

whats wrong with our stand?...lmao...
There's more doughnuts on Max's stand
Old 16 Feb 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2832073)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey steady on....there's people on my Facebook saying I'm supplying beer, corporate entertainment, dancing girls....and now you lot demanding doughnuts

OK, turn up, give me your business cards so I can get you on my mail list, and I'll put them in a draw to win a brolley. I don't do doughnuts, I've got Delta's Duathlon to enter, last thing I need is to drag doughnuts around with me

I'm just inside the door from civilisation in Hall 3, the chilly but not subzero one.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2832083)   #33
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I don't do doughnuts,
I wont be visiting your stand then, do you know of any others that sell race underwear?
Old 16 Feb 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2832084)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
OK Max's stand at 12.00. then we move on too see Claire at 1pm.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2832085)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In the words of the late Johnny Craddock, "May all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's"".
Old 16 Feb 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2832138)   #36
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
In the words of the late Johnny Craddock, "May all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's"".
What stand is Fanny on?.......

The Dougnut promise actually comes from JohnGee who, rather than take what I said in passing and confidence when discussing the logistics of THURSDAY actually "yes, we will get there early, I will bring coffee and dougnuts" tells the whole 10/10ths fraternity that we have them (well, he told Terry on here and thats like telling the whole world!) and the rest is history

I will now honour my pledge.

FRIDAY 10.00 AM Doughnuts will be available on the 360 Stand to all you happy 10/10thers as a way of saying thanks for your support.

unless of course...you go to Fanny's in which case...enjoy

JohnGee will have to bring his own! lol
Old 16 Feb 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2832144)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will be on the CTCRC stand on Saturday.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2832164)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I will be on the CTCRC stand on Saturday.
Will they have donuts- only that am just trying to decide best day to go. Moment it's looking like Friday
Old 16 Feb 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2832171)   #39
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I'm going to bring my own and eat them all at 10am on the CSCC stand....................so they'll have to clean the crumbs and sugar up off the floor.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2832173)   #40
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
JohnGee will have to bring his own! lol
I will be sitting in the corner munching, dribbling and spitting sugar on the carpet - that alone is worth the admission charge to see!
Old 16 Feb 2011, 16:15 (Ref:2832188)   #41
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta
I am going on Friday so I will look out for you.
It is my turn to buy the tea.

Trotty
Old 16 Feb 2011, 16:47 (Ref:2832203)   #42
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be any 924s on display????
Old 16 Feb 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2832221)   #43
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We go friday, Delta do you have Tea?
Old 16 Feb 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2832228)   #44
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Fliping eck!!!.We are being invaded.Better bring the T ERN.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2832235)   #45
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm hoping to get there on friday as well. It all depends on my workload.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2832253)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Will there be any 924s on display????

Iain- suggest they bring their own mugs!
Old 16 Feb 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2832257)   #47
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Friday on the HSCC stand looking after the 'ByBox' Historic Touring Car section. Hope to meet some of you there.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2832283)   #48
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'll also be there on Friday - doing a stint manning the AROC presence on the CTCRC stand - as we are running activities in conjunction with them at the Mallory Festival. Not sure what time I'm on duty yet, but sure I'll find time to pop to Max's stand, say hello to the 360 mafia, as well as call on CSCC to renew my membership......wonder if I'll have chance to see the rest of the show?
Old 16 Feb 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2832284)   #49
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Friday as well - placing some Historic FF2000 leaflets on the rear wing of the FF2000 car on display.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2832286)   #50
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
We go friday, Delta do you have Tea?
Are you making the trip with the Hans Meskes entourage?