Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 May 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2885579)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Having been a few times running cars and also driving last time,I seem to of encountered all the problems that have been thrown at me. I will do a MUST DO,MUST GET post sometime closer to the event. One thing anyone thinking of entering should look at now!!! is your fuel tank date and paper work. Dont leave it to the last minuit
Old 25 May 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2885591)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for this but can I ask HOW 'Mon Ami' got those pictures of next year?
Old 25 May 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2885598)   #28
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Sorry for this but can I ask HOW 'Mon Ami' got those pictures of next year?
You're letting yourself down here Terence, Exposing the Star Trek sized gap in your education. Have you never heard of warp drive?
Old 25 May 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2885633)   #29
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post
Thanks Peter. That's really helpful. I can but try!
It has to be worth doing once...

There is a theory that the reason they hold it every two years is that it gives people enough time to forget all the aggro so that they enter again!

Saying that we never had any of the problems people talk about (and a lot of people do talk about them!) - probably helped by only finishing the car the day before it's due to leave which means everything is new and in date.
Old 26 May 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2886152)   #30
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I met the scrutineer's relative with the racing clothes concession. It cost me nearly 200 euros for a new set of gloves.
Old 27 May 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2886674)   #31
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As it is an FIA event the scrutineers will be very strict about roll-bar heights (see this year's Appendix K, I think it has to be 2" above the helmet). They will come and check on the grid! Incidentally you will not be allowed just to weld an extra hoop on top. I think when you send in your entry you will have to include a side view of the car with driver installed.
Marcus
Old 27 May 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2886757)   #32
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Marcus.
Thanks for the information.
Am I correct in thinking that the French Classic F3 Rules say you must use a Hans Device and so if the race is run to the French rules we must also use a Hans device?
Old 28 May 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2886986)   #33
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T View Post
Hi Marcus.
Thanks for the information.
Am I correct in thinking that the French Classic F3 Rules say you must use a Hans Device and so if the race is run to the French rules we must also use a Hans device?
As far as I know they only run to French rules as far as car eligibility and tyres are concerned - for the rest it is FIA (remember last year with the fire extinguishers). Anyway there is no harm in fitting a Hans. Did I tell you they will have a proper official class for the UK cars? The class you won last year you sod!
Marcus
Old 28 May 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2887020)   #34
RICHARD.T
Racer

Old 28 May 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2887027)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T View Post
Dont let him in next year Marcus
Old 28 May 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2887032)   #36
RICHARD.T
Racer

Thank's Delta!
Old 29 May 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2887400)   #37
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now children steady on..... Marcus you run with UK class so you count as one of us surely?
Old 3 Jun 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2890737)   #38
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How strickt are they enforcing the roolbar rule ?

I know of the rule, but I have never seen it enforced. There are plenty of Lotus 25/33, Maserati 250 and several other cars, that don´t have these big roolbars, now why is that ?
Old 4 Jun 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2890976)   #39
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Pedersen View Post
How strickt are they enforcing the roolbar rule ?2

I know of the rule, but I have never seen it enforced. There are plenty of Lotus 25/33, Maserati 250 and several other cars, that don´t have these big roolbars, now why is that ?
I believe the rulebar roll will be strictly enforced. Pre-1961 cars do not have to have a rollbar, which means you will be ok with your 250F. The one on your Lotus 33 will have to be 2 inches above your helmet.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2890992)   #40
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
I believe the rulebar roll will be strictly enforced. Pre-1961 cars do not have to have a rollbar, which means you will be ok with your 250F. The one on your Lotus 33 will have to be 2 inches above your helmet.
I was wondering whether recent helmet developments may have contributed to concerns about the height of roll bars. It may be my imagination but it seems to me that helmets are slowly becoming larger (presumably for improved protective gap and padding material between the shell of the helmet and the wearer's skull) and that many seem to be worn rather high on the head.

However a quick picture search for Lotus 33 suggested that current historic drivers and Jim Clark in 1965 have about the same helmet height to roll bar height relationship. Whilst the hoops look a little different and the overall mountings seem to have been modified over time, the height seems relatively consistent.

I'm not sure the car would look right with a higher hoop so one hopes it may be possible to lower the driver if necessary.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2908451)   #41
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
The present position regarding the F3 races at the next Monaco Historic GP is that the 1600 cc cars will no longer be included (the race will be for 2000 cc cars alone). And the F3 1000 cc cars are still uncertain as Big Tobacco wants to run a parade for Poncing Horse owners. Rather unfortunate, but I am still plugging away at the organizers! (would like to do the race myself).
Old 30 Jun 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2908897)   #42
Alan Cox
Rookie

Alan Cox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The present position regarding the F3 races at the next Monaco Historic GP is that the 1600 cc cars will no longer be included (the race will be for 2000 cc cars alone). And the F3 1000 cc cars are still uncertain as Big Tobacco wants to run a parade for Poncing Horse owners. Rather unfortunate, but I am still plugging away at the organizers! (would like to do the race myself).
Well, Marcus, I'm sure the 'Poncing Horses' will bring in large crowds to marvel at their extraordinary wealth (I don't think). Wishing you success in your lobbying. I know I can well do without any of the parades - last year's Chopard Auto-Union 'demo' was a complete washout.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 07:31 (Ref:2909095)   #43
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who would forget the phantastic show of the F1 Clienti (or how they are called) in 2008.
I am pretty sure that a parade of - if I understand this correctly - street cars would be even more gripping stuff !
Who would want another epic screamer race instead ?

Ralf
Old 7 Jul 2011, 14:24 (Ref:2923317)   #44
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Hi Marcus, Is it confirmed that 1600 F3 will be excluded? I'm really sad for my Ensign!

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Carlo.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 16:15 (Ref:2923348)   #45
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racesport View Post
Hi Marcus, Is it confirmed that 1600 F3 will be excluded? I'm really sad for my Ensign!

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Carlo.
Yes I am afraid so, also there will definitely be no 1000cc race either. The draft regulations are being mailed out this week and can be consulted on the website a few days later.
Marcus
Old 7 Jul 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2923353)   #46
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Marcus you may recall that the last time they let those Poncing Horses do a "parade" lap it had to be red flagged for a big crash at the chicane after the tunnel.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2923354)   #47
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Marcus you may recall that the last time they let those Poncing Horses do a "parade" lap it had to be red flagged for a big crash at the chicane after the tunnel.
Could that be added to the programme once again and advertised in advance? Pretty sure it would help the attendance figures.

Old 7 Jul 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2923357)   #48
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good idea - we missed it while being away for lunch !
Old 9 Jul 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2924301)   #49
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes I am afraid so, also there will definitely be no 1000cc race either. The draft regulations are being mailed out this week and can be consulted on the website a few days later.
Marcus
But following the "News" of the ACM website the F3 1000 and F3 1600 are in the 2012 programme: this means that the 2012 list of races will be changed next week?

Many thanks.

Carlo.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2925264)   #50
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The present position regarding the F3 races at the next Monaco Historic GP is that the 1600 cc cars will no longer be included (the race will be for 2000 cc cars alone).
Would this have something to do with the speed differential and possibly the accident last year?