Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Feb 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3032599)   #251
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think the general idea is no dissimilar to the Can-Am, Group C and old F1 cars being on the historic meeting programmes. Big, noisy, colourful cars are popular whatever bill they're on.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3037450)   #252
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Radio 2 celeb Ken C Good plug for the Historic Touring Car Racing Too.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3037510)   #253
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So you're having a quiet day too? Only I missed the quiz itself, a customer rang up
Old 9 Mar 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3037587)   #254
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminsh View Post
Radio 2 celeb Ken C Good plug for the Historic Touring Car Racing Too.
Never mind the touring car plug- how did he get on at Popmaster?
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3037627)   #255
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He won! I missed his Qs so I don't know his score but he went through to "3 in 10". another customer rang and I missed that too.......so that turned into a busy day for me then

Just noticed...no-one said it was Popmaster, so are you a closet Brucie then?
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3037633)   #256
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
He won! I missed his Qs so I don't know his score but he went through to "3 in 10". another customer rang and I missed that too.......so that turned into a busy day for me then

Just noticed...no-one said it was Popmaster, so are you a closet Brucie then?
Deduction, Dr Watson. Deduction.......

I get really excited if get one correct answer. And Ken's sense of humour is perfect antidote to the breakfast show, which can leave us senior railcard holders a bit breathless.....
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3037635)   #257
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I was on the road and pulled over to hear and actually scored the same, I didn't hear the second contestant but I would have thought that Ken scored most as he did well.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3037637)   #258
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Scored 29 IIRC - although I went through a signal dead spot near the end of his session so didn't hear all his questions - or hear the plug!.....but I know he won - although he said later that he was lucky with the questions - only got 15 on his opponents questions....

And he got 1 on the 3 in ten......

Radio 2 is the station of choice on the car / van / recovery truck radio as a matter of habit for catching the traffic news.....
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3037648)   #259
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Scored 29 IIRC - although I went through a signal dead spot near the end of his session so didn't hear all his questions - or hear the plug!.....but I know he won - although he said later that he was lucky with the questions - only got 15 on his opponents questions....

And he got 1 on the 3 in ten......

Radio 2 is the station of choice on the car / van / recovery truck radio as a matter of habit for catching the traffic news.....
I reckon I would have got 29 as well, although I did miss Ken, the questions, in fact the whole program.

I also get very excited if I get One right
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3037651)   #260
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am also very impressed with that Ginger bloke with all the Ferrarri's. Love him or loathe him, we all knew Wogan would be very hard to replace, and I have been shocked at how quickly the new guy got onto my wavelength... or maybe it was the other way around.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3037738)   #261
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ken won. After Max mailed me, I phoned him to ask whether he was billing me for his time on the radio!

Anyway back on topic, don't forget the driver's and interested party's meeting on the 14th.
Old 7 May 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3070912)   #262
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well I would say things are headed in the right direction. The entry for Saturday was better than a year ago and there was positive vibes from people I spoke to that further cars are in the pipeline.

It's clear that there is a firm place on the historic touring car calendar for this type of series based on the number of happy people who were hanging around and taking pictures of the Rovers and the Jag in the paddock. The facebook group also suggests big support for Group A cars.

I think we will see more cars trickle through this year, certainly there were 4 or 5 I thought could've been there, and more Group A projects a well as G1 and G2 undertaken over the winter ready for 2013.

I wonder if Fearless Frank Sytner could be persuaded into entering a 635?
Old 7 May 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3070914)   #263
ken clarke
Racer

ken clarke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel good that a quarter of the grid came from Equipe Clarke, 3 cars. Hopefully at Silverstone I shall have 6 cars running. 2 Rovers, Peters Capri & 3 Dolomites.
Old 8 May 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3070953)   #264
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I'm entered for Brands, Oulton & Portimao, so the Canary is being readied at this moment! (Well, after breakfast....) Hope to see you somewhere, James!

Old 8 May 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3071339)   #265
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Sounds good Ken and I certainly hope we meet up again too Mike.

Looks like Silverstone's a no-goer for me (even though i'd love to go!!!) because i'm coming back from hols that Saturday (23 June IIRC, can't you switch the race to the Sunday?!), but I should be able to do Oulton for the Gold Cup meeting round of the series. Now is that a Sunday or Monday race?
Old 1 Aug 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3114953)   #266
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did this series ever come to anything??
Old 1 Aug 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3114956)   #267
ken clarke
Racer

ken clarke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suggest you read the thread, you will get your answer. 20 cars entered for Oulton Park which is still 3.5 weeks away. Cars being bought all of the time.at proper money. They are of course proper cars to the correct period spec, many are original cars, not 'hotrods'. Looking very good for 2013.
Old 1 Aug 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3114974)   #268
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have read the thread and couldn't see anything you have mentioned in there.
Was only wondering?
Old 7 Aug 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3117025)   #269
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds very encouraging Ken. Good luck for a nice dry day.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3117080)   #270
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I thought all the old Group A or Group 2 BTCC cars were Hotrods??