Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3083985)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GreenGT 2013 discussion

So, it's confirmed. The GreenGT H2 will race in the Le Mans 24 Hours in 2013 as the 56th garage entry.

Looks like we better get used to it!

The DeltaWing thread has had over 1,200 posts. I'm sure there will be plenty of twists and turns for GreenGT over the next 12 months.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3083987)   #27
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
well that was what I was thinking, but then I keep remembering the Hindenburg at Lakehurst film I have seen countless times.....
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3083991)   #28
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
well that was what I was thinking, but then I keep remembering the Hindenburg at Lakehurst film I have seen countless times.....
Dailysportscar indicates the tanks weigh 80 kgs each partly because of the gauge thickness of the steel.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3083992)   #29
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
That frontal nose section doesn't look that bad, but thar airbox and rearwing, what was that designer on when he created that?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3083993)   #30
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
But what's the purpose of the huge radiator to begin with?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3084001)   #31
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Dailysportscar indicates the tanks weigh 80 kgs each partly because of the gauge thickness of the steel.
I figured that given that they had retained the 'tank' type shape. I would guess maybe they have bladders too.

I remember Mazda was working on hydrogen fuel cells at one point, I wonder if they will get involved?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3084008)   #32
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doesn't the car deserve its own thread in the main forum?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3084014)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
It is kind of interesting that the ACO only had the one option to pick from.

The are in a difficult spot really. They could wait for more and risk losing their only solid prospect. Like anything a project such as the two we've seen take a long time to come together. The DW only really started getting mainstream attention this year so maybe too late to convince others to put something together.

But where do you start?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3084015)   #34
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Doesn't the car deserve to be encased in concrete and buried in a deep sea trench?

Fixed that for you!!
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3084017)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Doesn't the car deserve to be encased in concrete and buried in a deep sea trench?
That's pretty much how they got rid of the evil Transformers in the movie! You could be onto something there.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3084020)   #36
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Fixed that for you!!
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3084030)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Er, it has, your thread was the second thread on it in the 'main' forum.

Quote:

Fixed that for you!!
I hated it before you

Last edited by Adam43; 3 Jun 2012 at 16:05.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3084078)   #38
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Install a high revving petrol engine in it and suddenly everyone starts drooling over the old style rear wing and the giant intake. And I don't support DeltaWing.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3084089)   #39
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hooray for wacky racers

Old 3 Jun 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3084091)   #40
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
This one is going to have an interesting sound-like a dentist's drill?
Old 3 Jun 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3084092)   #41
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I just realized that this car looks like Kenny from South Park. Let's call it Kenny. Or Ken.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 01:15 (Ref:3084095)   #42
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I just realized that this car looks like Kenny from South Park. Let's call it Kenny. Or Ken.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 02:46 (Ref:3084107)   #43
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Install a high revving petrol engine in it and suddenly everyone starts drooling over the old style rear wing and the giant intake. And I don't support DeltaWing.
I doubt it. I'm a big fan of fuel cell technology, and the previous concept they did. But this is just stupid looking for the sake of it.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3084109)   #44
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Fixed that for you!!

Couldnt agree more though. Im all for alternative fuels and whatnot but this is a mostrosity that could only be improved by the addition of large tongues of flame being emitted from all corners of the car.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 05:26 (Ref:3084128)   #45
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't the team run a demonstration lap last year in a "normal" looking prototype? I think there is a video outhere with a lap in the 5 minute range.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 06:44 (Ref:3084141)   #46
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...7D7BA3208E468B

Compliments of DSC .

This thing looks like it could suck a drivers head off !!!

Hope Pescatori's mam aint watchin ..... shame on WR too .
Old 3 Jun 2012, 06:53 (Ref:3084146)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I do like how they were integrated directly into the car's visual design. And I appreciate they are large out of necessity, so what to do with them?
Apparently they only hold 3 to 4 kilos of Hydrogen , and they are thick !!!

Doesnt say if their steel or composite though ..... Oxygen bottles on aircraft are composite , so I would think these are too .

Last edited by The Badger; 3 Jun 2012 at 07:14.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3084168)   #48
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster View Post
Didn't the team run a demonstration lap last year in a "normal" looking prototype? I think there is a video outhere with a lap in the 5 minute range.
That fast , WOW , that will have some quaking in their boots !!!
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3084173)   #49
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Does that mean it'll keep dying every 20 minutes and then somehow inexplicably end up finishing the race, before the fuel cell gives up on the front stretch after 24 hours?
Old 3 Jun 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3084451)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I assume those are tanks along the flanks. What is going in those tanks?
Quote:
Looks pretty vulnerable mounted in the flanks like that...no?
When I looked at that I thought there was no way they would mount Hydrogen tanks on the outside of the car. I figured it was just a styling cue to make it look like tanks to remind people what powers the car. They wouldn't design the car to be inherently unsafe would they?