Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jul 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3279966)   #26
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But, being Ian, he will manage and we will get great information.

Jim
Old 21 Jul 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3280007)   #27
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry lists, parking, location beer supplies etc etc any one looked at the weather forecast?
Old 21 Jul 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3280043)   #28
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Entry lists, parking, location beer supplies etc etc any one looked at the weather forecast?
It's still a week away - so the forecast will be another work of fiction.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3280106)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post

Is that a priority- compared with beer supply, for instance?

Weather's going break sometime- looks like possible thunderstorms next couple of days then cooler as a low pressure area takes over. Normal summer then- prepare for anything!

Old 21 Jul 2013, 21:48 (Ref:3280249)   #30
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Normal summer then- prepare for anything!
Does that mean "budgie smugglers" and welly boots.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 05:28 (Ref:3280367)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Does that mean "budgie smugglers" and welly boots.
If that's normal wear for safety car crew, then yes!
Old 22 Jul 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3280437)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone else find it slightly misleading that the tickets for the Classic are advertised at X price, but then you have to pay nearly £5 on top of that in admin and transaction fee nonsense? It makes the Friday £35 ticket actually £40. I think the event is overpriced as it is (when other historic meetings are more like £15-20), but things like this really wind me up.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3280465)   #33
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it's overpriced but it is well hyped up. Entry fees are high as well which is odd when you known the grids are going to be full. Add to that trade pitches at silly prices and the "promoter" will be making millions in profit I would think. Indeed it could well be the most pofitable race meeting in the UK.
When it was run by the BRDC as the Coys Festival I went every year but not now. It is sad that the BRDC are no longer organising it as hopefully the profits could have been used to keep entry fees down for other events as well as improving facilities. It seems all they are interested is the GP and sod the rest of us.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3280491)   #34
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fish

Super Touring Trophy -tastic... think it's going to be tougher this year than last looking at the entry...
2 Jim Pocklington 1990 Cavalier
3 Paul Smith/ Tim Harvey RS500
4 Steve Dymoke 2002 Alfa 156
5 Jan Bot 1991 M3
6 James Whelan RS500
7 Alvin Powell 2000 Mondeo
9 Simon Garrad RS500
10 David Cuff M3
11 Frank Wrathall Cavalier
12 Patrick Watts 1998 406
15 Craig Davies RS500
19 Andrew Kirkley/Graham Wait RS500
21 Ian Giles Rover P6
22 Ric Wood 1974 Capri
23 Yours Truly 1999 Primera
25 Derek Hale 1997 Accord
31 Richard Masters 1977 XJS
33 John Pearson 1998 156 ST
34 Nick Swift Mg Metro
36 Keith Butcher 1999 Primera
40 Paul Pochciol 1977 XJ12
42 Tom Pochciol 1976 Capri
44 Mark Smith M3
55 Paul/Tom Andrew Alfa 155 1994
70 Stewart Whyte 1996 Accord
77 Dave Jarman 1998 Primera
79 Mark Jones 1994 Cavalier
97 Andy Woods-Dean/Martin Johnson 2002 Civic
102 Neil Smith 2004 156
231 James Dodd 1998 Primera
Old 22 Jul 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3280525)   #35
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is that truly a Rover P6? That must be the/a replica of the Roy Pierpoint car. Was that ever in the "Saloon Car Championship"? I'm disappointed I'm not going to be there to see that.

http://p6v8.files.wordpress.com/2011...restored01.jpg
Old 22 Jul 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3280593)   #36
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No John Cleland?

Every year people moan about ticket price, clearly don't watch 90 minutes of Premier League football (or championship in my case)! 12 x hours of racing on Saturday, fully subscribed grids with the most sublime collection Historic race cars in one place over one weekend.

Sorry but Donington Historic or any other UK event does not have same quality or depth.

See u there
Old 22 Jul 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3280605)   #37
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
No John Cleland?

Every year people moan about ticket price, clearly don't watch 90 minutes of Premier League football (or championship in my case)! 12 x hours of racing on Saturday, fully subscribed grids with the most sublime collection Historic race cars in one place over one weekend.

Sorry but Donington Historic or any other UK event does not have same quality or depth.

See u there
No you are quite right. I do not pay £40 or whatever it costs now to go and watch my team play. In fact the last game I went to it cost me £10 and I think it was for the FA Cup. That I deemed to be a "fair price". Compared to other UK events, the Classic in my view is overpriced, and obviously the organisers think so too, as the tickets are at least £10 cheaper than last year, but its still not enough. If I recall correctly, in 2012 you could pay £65 on the day for one of the weekend days. Crazy.
Old 23 Jul 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3280726)   #38
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it is the ex Roy Pierpoint Rover. Ian has owned it for about 5 years after I found it in a private collection where it had sat unused since it stopped racing.
Old 23 Jul 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3280729)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, will be good for folks to see it, but doesn't it pre-date the series in which it is entered?
Old 23 Jul 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3280735)   #40
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes its in an invitation class
Old 23 Jul 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3280736)   #41
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Walker View Post
Yes it is the ex Roy Pierpoint Rover. Ian has owned it for about 5 years after I found it in a private collection where it had sat unused since it stopped racing.
Fantastic!
Old 23 Jul 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3280737)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff. Sadly I can't be there but I expect to see pictures.
Old 23 Jul 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3280771)   #43
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It may even be on telly, as now announced that Whisper Films are to make a 60 minute programme for ITV4 of the whole event. To be aired, like Goodywood, sporadically from Aug 15th to next Christmas. Suggested it will be on ITVPlayer as well, which is good.

Going to be difficult squeezing all those races and parades into 60 minutes! Don't hold out much hope of a glimpse of me racing...
Old 23 Jul 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3280773)   #44
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
No you are quite right. I do not pay £40 or whatever it costs now to go and watch my team play. In fact the last game I went to it cost me £10 and I think it was for the FA Cup. That I deemed to be a "fair price". Compared to other UK events, the Classic in my view is overpriced, and obviously the organisers think so too, as the tickets are at least £10 cheaper than last year, but its still not enough. If I recall correctly, in 2012 you could pay £65 on the day for one of the weekend days. Crazy.
It's still great value, we were planning to go but last weekend Superstar put a TKM-shaped hole in my wallet and so we'll be restricted to the ITV4 coverage. I just hope they'll show more racing than they do on the Goodwood programmes, not concentrate too much on the pantomime.

Have a great and safe time everyone!
Old 23 Jul 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3280885)   #45
Cookie2000
Rookie

England
England
Cookie2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list now online!.. http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...ne_Classic.pdf
Old 23 Jul 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3280887)   #46
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000 View Post
Controversial entrant in the #11 car for the Super Tourers.
Old 23 Jul 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3280900)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sorry, that comment is lost on me. You'll have to explain why the controversy....

Old 23 Jul 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3280927)   #48
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Apologies but too late to edit last post. A possible reason has been pm'd to me. No more needs to be said, from my perspective.
Old 23 Jul 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3280941)   #49
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000 View Post
Nice
Old 24 Jul 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3281072)   #50
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there an entry list for the Group C boys? Not seen anything yet. However, very excited : XJR14 coming out to play. Last saw them in 1991 with Dingers, Brundle & Fabi thrashing the Mercs et al.