Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 25 Jun 2000, 14:49 (Ref:19368)   #1
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies to the non-UK/European users who couldn't care less, but Eurosport has finally done it! All year they've treated CART with utter contempt and now, with a two hour slot free on Sunday and a Portland Champ Car race which delivers more than its share of great races, what do they do? Why, they put on NASCAR of course. So instead of two hours of great racing, we get "treated" to the "spectacle" of "Americas most popular racing" (alright, I'll stop the ""'s now). More like punished by two hours of the worlds most over-rated, boring, suspiciously WWF-like racing.
I give up.
Old 25 Jun 2000, 15:57 (Ref:19381)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

bob, i assume you know that normal eurosport has no live cart rights because cart wouln't issue them to an international station. british eurosport is just sulking because england got knocked out of euro 2000
worry yourself about something else - you'll give yourself an ulcer. i live in england too, and i'm peeved, but i've come to terms with it now. try a councillor. they might be able to help you.
seriously, i can't wait for sky to get the rights. more ben collins!
Old 25 Jun 2000, 19:06 (Ref:19414)   #3
craigmanning
Rookie

United Kingdom
Toronto Canada
craigmanning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...if you read Dario Franchitti's recent Autosport diary, he mentioned this as a pet peeve of his. He said he's spoken to Bobby Rahal to try to get better TV coverage in Europe.
Old 25 Jun 2000, 20:23 (Ref:19431)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely if they get races in Europe they will be forced to provide a better television package?

What am I saying? With the one we have here?
Old 26 Jun 2000, 23:32 (Ref:19692)   #5
Dave S
Racer

Dave S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't feel alone. I live about 100 miles from Portland & couldn't attend this year due to a family illness. I didn't get the race AT ALL, as our local cable co. doesn't carry ESPN2. Also, & this was only 3 weeks ago the local(Portland) ABC affiliate pre-empted CART for a local beg-a-thon!!(Foundation for Constipated Kids. "Please, won't you give so they can go?") You'de think they would have wanted to build interest in the local race by showing the races leading up to it, but no. I'm really hoping Cart moves to a new network, Fox would be good for here. At least you in Europe should have some improvement next year. We have to wait til after the 2001 season.
Old 27 Jun 2000, 00:10 (Ref:19706)   #6
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think the espn crew does a great job with cart.
the network suits are, of course, another matter.

as for fox, foget about it. they are going put a lot of monye into nascar next season. there is a greater than 50/50 chance they will be dropping F1.

Old 27 Jun 2000, 05:15 (Ref:19747)   #7
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watch live text updates on the Net.
Old 27 Jun 2000, 17:00 (Ref:19848)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

we do. it just isn't the same.
we wouldn't mind if we had never got races live. we have, for the past x years. then cart decided to mess with the contracts, and here we are.
some of us can't afford the phone bills if we watch the races. some of us also have parents who get aggreived by said phone bills.