Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jun 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1317151)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Possible new LMP1s

Is it time to start a thread dedicated to possible new LMP1s, particulalry with Le Mans coming up soon, and likely announcements there.

RFH have announced plans to build a new LMP1 (GTP?)

http://www.planetlemans.com/index.ph...=1012&Itemid=2

We are likely to hear something about the Audi R10 during Le Mans week.

Dome may announce their GTP

Riley & Scott?

Wil the new Lola and Zytek LMP1 designs be shown?

Courage and Pescarolos plans?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1317219)   #2
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget about Porsche... Even though they announced their plans for a new LMP2, I still think they are in development stages for a full fledged factory effort LMP1 in 2007...

And what about the news of a Jarguar strike back...?

BWW also made a statement in AutoWeek about returning to LM with possiably a M6 GT1 for no eariler than 2008...

I'm sure there are many other manufactures in highly secreative discussions about returning to Le Mans. I am predicting the grid at Le Mans to be awsome in 2007/2008...

We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully me and some friends can make the trek to LM for 2007...
Old 1 Jun 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1317228)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets keep it to LMP1.

Would be nice to see a Jaguar engine in the back of, lets say, an RFH GTP.

Well we can dream.

I'd be very interested to see what Nissan have in the works, now they have taken there firsts steps back with Rollcentre.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1317234)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it would get pulses racing once more if we saw a Jaguar/Porsche battle again at the front - LMP1 in '07 or '08, perhaps!? Again, we all dream!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1317237)   #5
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Though, Jag, the BMW M6 GT1 could lead to a BMW LMP1 later down the road, if it all happens...
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1317242)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Lets keep it to LMP1.

Would be nice to see a Jaguar engine in the back of, lets say, an RFH GTP.

Well we can dream.

I'd be very interested to see what Nissan have in the works, now they have taken there firsts steps back with Rollcentre.
Or a Ferrari (because of the links between Bosch and Ferrari) in the RfH car.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1317247)   #7
vollpower
Rookie

Ireland
Waterford
vollpower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or The motor from the C5R/C6R noticed the GMAC sponsorship on the Dome?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1317293)   #8
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Or a Ferrari (because of the links between Bosch and Ferrari) in the RfH car.
When the 575 turbo engine was rumoured on DSC, the first thing I thought was, now wouldn't that be the ideal engine for Bosch to run in a new prototype.

I e-mailed the team for their thoughts but got no reply.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1317308)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no news is good news in this case Jag

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1319263)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
no news is good news in this case Jag
Well those in the know seem to be excited.

Hope the news is not a letdown.

May as well add the possible Peugeot return here as well.

http://www.the-paddock.net/index.php...=150&Itemid=44
Old 3 Jun 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1319315)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
read july's issue of racecar for updates on the Zytek and Riley, also see my totally plausible thoery on how LMP2 could become much quicker than LMP1!! If you find me at LM either this week or during race week I will give you a copy...

I promise you the LMP2 vs LMP1 bit is verry interesting - I'll also give anyone who finds me a sneaky peek at an article that could have a long term impact on LM...
Old 3 Jun 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1319324)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
read july's issue of racecar for updates on the Zytek and Riley, also see my totally plausible thoery on how LMP2 could become much quicker than LMP1!! If you find me at LM either this week or during race week I will give you a copy...

I promise you the LMP2 vs LMP1 bit is verry interesting - I'll also give anyone who finds me a sneaky peek at an article that could have a long term impact on LM...
Care to enlighten a little?

No one doubts LMP2 cars can become very quick, the problem is reliabilty over 24 hours, or even 6. Especially so when you will have LMP1s running, and not missing a beat in the coming years.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1319340)   #13
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree Jag. I think few doubt that the P2 cars will eventually challenge the P1 cars in terms of outright pace, just as the LMP675 cars challenged the LMP900 cars.

But massive strides in reliability need to be made to overcome the P1 candidates over the course of 24 hours.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1319371)   #14
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is it in LMP2's which is giving such horrendous reliability? Why is it happening to LMP2 cars? I mean, any new car could have any number of problems - why do LMP1's get away with having reliable cars while LMP2 struggles? Indeed at Mid-Ohio not a single LMP2 out of just 3 starters was actually running when the chequered fag fell
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1319389)   #15
JAG
Veteran

England
Because they are so stressed.

Lightweight equals less strength, which in endurance racing is a problem.

Having said that the latest AER engine now appears to be bulletproof.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1319411)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
That's fair enough. The lines I had been thinking along were that GT2 is supposed to be slower (well, not supposed to be, because it IS!) than GT1, yet you don't see more GT2 retirements than the class above, so I was wondering why LMP2 retired more when it was running along the same lines - something supposedly slower than LMP1.

What's the minimum weight for LMP2 these days anyway?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1319417)   #17
JAG
Veteran

England
750KG

Remember the best LMP675s were always competing for overall wins so were not travelling along at a sedate pace.

I would think the LMP2 cars will be pretty reliable by the end of the year. Lola and Porsche will make sure of that.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1319443)   #18
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly hope that the very best aesthetic stylists have a hand in future of P1 and P2.
No correlaton to performance but show is important to me and many others, although the Lola is growing on me, a bit.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 01:52 (Ref:1319634)   #19
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike at "Mulsannes Corner" visited Bill Riley this week while in Indianapolis to do research, and Mr. Riley shared CAD images, and granted him permission to publish information about the upcoming Riley LMP1

Go to his site to getthe full details....

Thanks a million, Mike....

Your site is by far the best tech site on the web for sportscar prototypes, and it is obvious that your credibility and integrity in the industry...among constructors, designers, and teams....is impeccable as both an engineer AND as a journalist....

Keep up the good work...you're among the very best in teh business in my book....

One American Open Wheel Series!