Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does it get from you?
10 1 2.38%
9 7 16.67%
8 21 50.00%
7 8 19.05%
6 2 4.76%
5 1 2.38%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Jul 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3915322)   #16
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I thought Max opened his steering a tad too early but I'm happy to stand corrected on that.
Is this what makes it like the Vettel rejoining penalty?
Old 1 Jul 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3915324)   #17
Aysedasi
Got them LM blues again..
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't see it as the same thing at all. This wasn't a rejoining situation was it? I'm still in two minds. The first thing I thought when I watched the replay from Max's cockpit was that he clearly and deliberately opened the steering. There is a distinct contrast to how he drove the corner on the previous lap.

108/327
Old 1 Jul 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3915326)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
At least it wasn’t like he made no attempt to take the corner like Rosberg did in 2016
Old 1 Jul 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3915330)   #19
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think that was called a penalty.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 13:36 (Ref:3915332)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Rosberg did get a time penalty after that
Old 1 Jul 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3915333)   #21
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Rosberg did get a time penalty after that
yes - 10 seconds and two penalty points.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3915345)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Is this what makes it like the Vettel rejoining penalty?
Don't think so.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3915347)   #23
Aysedasi
Got them LM blues again..
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nor me. I see the two incidents as completely different, personally. One was a driver error resulting in an unsafe return. The other was largely a racing incident where I personally believe that Max chose not to give Charles room (I emphasise - IMO, make no more of it than that). To me, the former incident was clear while the latter was down to the stewards' judgement call. I personally think attempts to compare them are an apples and pears job but as Canada was so recent there is a natural tendency to do so.

108/327
Old 1 Jul 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3915393)   #24
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
yes - 10 seconds and two penalty points.
Cheers, I couldn’t remember. I checked the wiki page, but it didn’t mention it. I remember him being slow at the end and thought he’d ended up low down cus of that.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3915399)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I thought Max opened his steering a tad too early but I'm happy to stand corrected on that.
That's how I saw it - Max could have avoided the contact by maintaining his steering angle but he opened the steering on the exit and ran LeClerc off the circuit (I don't have a problem with that - it's what any 'racer' would do in the same circumstances - it's just the inconsistency of penalties that's frustrating and I'd imagine confusing for the drivers).

Quote:
Overall the track provided good entertainment due, I suspect, to being short. The Alfas and McLarens were very fiesty. 8 for me.
Short circuit, big kerbs, gravel traps - proper circuit (unlike Paul Ricard for example). Agree on the score - a solid 8.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 22:52 (Ref:3915425)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Easy 10 for me. Absolute cracker of a race.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3915757)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave it an 8, it would have got a 9 had Max not barged young Charles off the track ..
Old 5 Jul 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3916051)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Very interesting results in this race but not sure why two people thought the race was that bad, have they not watched any of the other races this year
Old 6 Jul 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3916070)   #29
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
They are people who stand by their convictions. F1 is rubbish and the score reflects that. Artificial race with DRS getting what it deserves.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3916095)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

I just think we should appreciate the good races until the rules make it much easier to overtake without the need for things like DRS