Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Dec 2020, 09:48 (Ref:4025246)   #3376
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's not every xmas I get to walk on the beach. That's been a nice change. Past couple of nights I've been playing Yahtzee with my Mum, which has been good fun
Old 26 Dec 2020, 10:41 (Ref:4025251)   #3377
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It's a regular sight at kart tracks, seeing cars drive round to clear snow/frost. There's even a video out there of one young superstar burying his road car into the tyre barrier at Shenington

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I did a kart meeting at Cadwell Park in , early 70s ? . Possibly March time so around the first meetings of the season .
When we got there the track had about 3 inches of snow coverage .
They had snow ploughs do a few laps , rock salt gritters , then asked everybody if they could do some laps in their road vehicles .
The track was ready to use & not bad at all by mid/late morning & there was a good days racing .
Old 26 Dec 2020, 13:23 (Ref:4025268)   #3378
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's not every xmas I get to walk on the beach. That's been a nice change. Past couple of nights I've been playing Yahtzee with my Mum, which has been good fun

Where was the beach? Up here it was a very chilly start to the day but warmed and we had a beautiful sunset which I was going to photo and post on here but the phone had run out of battery.

Never played Yahtzee but it sounds similar to a dice gam some american friends taught us called Farkle played with 6 dice. Combinations have different scores. Very fun game and gets noisy if drink involved.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 14:10 (Ref:4025271)   #3379
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The beach was Worthing way. Managed to spot a seal why we there.

Yes Yahtzee is a dice game with 5 die
Old 26 Dec 2020, 17:55 (Ref:4025289)   #3380
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We went for a blast in MiniMM's "Rex", took in a bit of the glorious countryside we have on our doorstep without having to get cold.

Today has been an indoors day, there was a great documentary on Netflix about the real story of Le Mans '66, enjoyed it immensely.

Old 26 Dec 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4025307)   #3381
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I went for a walk, however some friendly passing strangers found out where I lived and led me back home.
Click image for larger version

Name:	gordon (2).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	65893
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Dec 2020, 02:00 (Ref:4025353)   #3382
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well I'm back indoors and guess what ! the brake lights on my old Pug 406 estate have come back on !! This is totally ridiculous as all the fuses that are involved with the 3 lights I actually took out the other day so that I could use it.
Also if I turn the engine off with my foot on the brake pedal the engine continues to run until I release the pedal! This is a complete mystery and nothing on the internet is helping with a cure as people will just say the obvious things. I am now wondering if it is an ECU fault somehow but having pulled the fuses I can't see how it can. Studying the wiring loom on Autodata doesn't reveal anything either. It would appear that a feed that is live when the ignition is off is somehow connecting to the lights.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Dec 2020, 06:16 (Ref:4025363)   #3383
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Disconnect the two battery wires then connect the pos to the neg during fifteen minutes. During this time, hunt any ground and clean it. Check the connector located under the foot rest. After that? Bin it!
Old 27 Dec 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4025366)   #3384
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmmm . “Coil “
Old 27 Dec 2020, 09:27 (Ref:4025386)   #3385
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hmmmm . “Coil “
Old 27 Dec 2020, 09:56 (Ref:4025387)   #3386
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well I'm back indoors and guess what ! the brake lights on my old Pug 406 estate have come back on !! This is totally ridiculous as all the fuses that are involved with the 3 lights I actually took out the other day so that I could use it.
Also if I turn the engine off with my foot on the brake pedal the engine continues to run until I release the pedal! This is a complete mystery and nothing on the internet is helping with a cure as people will just say the obvious things. I am now wondering if it is an ECU fault somehow but having pulled the fuses I can't see how it can. Studying the wiring loom on Autodata doesn't reveal anything either. It would appear that a feed that is live when the ignition is off is somehow connecting to the lights.
Bit of a unusual one . But on some cars with a ABS system , there is a constant live to the ABS unit . It is possible that water in the unit is feeding a supply back to ign & brake light circuits .
Ignore this if you do not have ABS.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 10:43 (Ref:4025390)   #3387
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just a thought Gordon.Do you have a tow bar fitted with electrics. "that's if its not the coil"
Old 27 Dec 2020, 10:47 (Ref:4025391)   #3388
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Not that unusual, Tel.
https://forum.passion-406.com/viewtopic.php?t=10485
http://www.coupe406.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=6237
https://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/...manence.72581/
https://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/to...en-permanence/
https://forum.autoplus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=570158
https://www.peu406.org/contr_ocirc_le_de_marche-59.html
https://www.peu406.org/carnet_de_bord-132.html
https://www.tlemcen-electronic.com/f...p/t-48147.html
https://forum.autocadre.com/topic/40...9-model-zenit/
https://www.planete-citroen.com/foru...dale-de-freins
Common on 206, 208, Partner, 307, C3 an others…
Old 27 Dec 2020, 10:50 (Ref:4025392)   #3389
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Does this help, Gordon?https://www.pellonautocentre.com/peugeot-406-lights/
Old 27 Dec 2020, 11:53 (Ref:4025398)   #3391
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Ah , I see , it is all a cunning plan by the French to drive motorists mad .
Haven't they been doing that for decades?

I remember back in the days when I first began fixing cars for a living, all those '70s & '80s Renaults that always overheated for no apparent reason.

And the Citroens! Don't even start on those!
Old 27 Dec 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4025400)   #3392
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funnily on Christmas Day my daughter told us she had been driving in Peterborough along the parkway system behind a Peugeot that had all of its brake lights on. Looks like its a common problem.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 12:45 (Ref:4025405)   #3393
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Looks like its a common problem.
Its not a problem, its a feature. Stop lights are on all the way because it clearly shows the following drivers that an engine failure is imminent!
Diesel engines were prone to feed themselves with their own oil, hence massive over revving and a total destruction of the damn thing. Same when the turbo blows with no prior notice.
Re the Renault overheating troubles, its too cook the sausages while driving. Follow a Renault on the highway at noon, you'll smell it miles away. You can fix it by putting two gaskets under the thermostat housing.
If not enough, put three and if not enough again bin it!
Old 27 Dec 2020, 12:47 (Ref:4025406)   #3394
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The dipstick on a Renault indicates not only the oil level but how close you're from a blown engine:
https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/thre...ipstick.64800/
https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/thre...ll-call.69182/ When the dip-stick can be seen through the bonnet, you know in deep-**** you are… Modern huh?
Old 27 Dec 2020, 15:35 (Ref:4025419)   #3395
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon, Mrs M says "mice". Voice of experience, and as is the way with women even when they have no experience they're usually right!
Old 27 Dec 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4025421)   #3396
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I always remember when I had a VAT inspection many many years ago. VAT Lady tuned up at workshop and said that her husband had change a bulb on her car the day before and that the lights were now playing up. That's easy i said.He has put the wrong bulb in. Sure enough a 382 instead of a 380.I swap the bulbs and jobs a goo den.She then said I had to write out an invoice for the bulb. Took longer than the job. 38 pence or something plus VAT. I did say that she could have it for free.
I remember she said at the end of the inspection " what do you do with all your cash Mr Rowley ". Oooooo I pay it to the bank. Thank you Mr Rowley and I never saw her again.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 16:55 (Ref:4025423)   #3397
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Brilliant suggestion, Colin. Remember Gordon is famous for preparing fast cars? Then do you mean he's another victim of… Speedy Gonzales?
Old 27 Dec 2020, 18:06 (Ref:4025429)   #3398
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Gordon, Mrs M says "mice". Voice of experience, and as is the way with women even when they have no experience they're usually right!
My mother always blamed the battery terminals. With those horrible lead "caps" there used to be, she was frequently right (alas!).

Old 27 Dec 2020, 18:44 (Ref:4025434)   #3399
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John, hope you garden is big enough to host some friends. Well, 200 actually! They played a new version of The great escape, unable to stand the quarantine in Italy, they ran away. Strange taste I'd say because if you ask me where I'd love to spend time the answer would be Italy. Cappuccino on the house!
Old 27 Dec 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4025437)   #3400
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Bad earth on the brake lights....or the coil
Closed Thread