Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Nov 2020, 21:46 (Ref:4015088)   #876
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Sebring is very dark and hard to watch on TV at night. Daytona is the only one where watching night racing on TV is doable. Even the Charlotte race it was tough but the rain might have been the main reason for that.
There is no night racing at Daytona any more due to the full circuit lighting.

Thank goodness for what's left of it at Sebring.

jimclark
Old 10 Nov 2020, 15:43 (Ref:4015862)   #877
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Porsche special livery for Sebring is out...and its underwhelming. I was hoping one car would have the livery for the 2015 Petit Le Mans win and the other would be the Porsche factory livery from 2017 to 2019. Retro from the programs greatest victories...nope. American flag type stuff. Which is fine..just been done before.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4015871)   #878
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There would be no point in running a livery without any association to the event with the Petit livery. The previous factory liveries for the entire run of GTLM have been underwhelming and forgettable so why go back and pull those up? They're corporate mashups with the same required colors the LMP program and Audi used, zero orginality of any kind.

The liveries were meant to celebrate the run of the program not a previous winner or singular event. They aren't great but likely a quick turn around project for the team.

https://racer.com/2020/11/10/porsche...bring-sendoff/
Old 12 Nov 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4016173)   #879
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Auberlin out of both Turner entries at Sebring this weekend. No reason given but been scratched and replaced with BMW driver Nick Yelloly in the GTD car and Cameron Lawrence in the GT4 car for the weekend.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:38 (Ref:4016182)   #880
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
There would be no point in running a livery without any association to the event with the Petit livery. The previous factory liveries for the entire run of GTLM have been underwhelming and forgettable so why go back and pull those up? They're corporate mashups with the same required colors the LMP program and Audi used, zero orginality of any kind.

The liveries were meant to celebrate the run of the program not a previous winner or singular event. They aren't great but likely a quick turn around project for the team.

https://racer.com/2020/11/10/porsche...bring-sendoff/
Well said. I give you the point sir.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:42 (Ref:4016183)   #881
WyldStallion
Veteran

Who would have guessed the busiest weekend of the sportscar racing year would be mid November. Sebring certainly tops the list of most anticipated race. I like the 31 car grid size at least for this year. We should get clean lengthy green runs like the Daytona 24. Distance record watch for sure for the Sebring 12 hours as well.

Early stages of practice so far topped by Cadillac (#5 JDC), Porsche (#91 car), and Lexus (#14 car) to this point.
Old 13 Nov 2020, 03:02 (Ref:4016287)   #882
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Who would have guessed the busiest weekend of the sportscar racing year would be mid November.
Sebring certainly tops the list of most anticipated race.
Au contraire, mon ami.

It was mid-September this year, instead of June.

I think most sportscar racing fans worldwide would reserve that rating for Le Mans, as lofty as Sebring's status may be....

https://tentenths.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res..._Hour%2024.PDF

Last edited by jimclark; 13 Nov 2020 at 03:15.

jimclark
Old 13 Nov 2020, 10:12 (Ref:4016315)   #883
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The important thing is that we still have Sebring to look forward to. Although nothing can top Le Mans. But both are part of sportscar racing legend
Old 13 Nov 2020, 18:47 (Ref:4016394)   #884
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Au contraire, mon ami.

It was mid-September this year, instead of June.

I think most sportscar racing fans worldwide would reserve that rating for Le Mans, as lofty as Sebring's status may be....
Sorry for misinterpretation. I meant most anticipated race this weekend. WEC grid is thin as it really has been the case since we lost Ford and BMW from that series and SRO is running at the hated Paul Ricard circuit.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 03:32 (Ref:4016443)   #885
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Sorry for misinterpretation. I meant most anticipated race this weekend.
"Misinterpretation"???

Quote:
"Who would have guessed the busiest weekend of the sportscar racing year would be mid November."

jimclark
Old 14 Nov 2020, 03:34 (Ref:4016444)   #886
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Sorry for misinterpretation. I meant most anticipated race this weekend.
"Misinterpretation"???

Quote:
"Who would have guessed the busiest weekend of the sportscar racing year would be mid November."
Anywho.....

jimclark
Old 14 Nov 2020, 03:41 (Ref:4016445)   #887
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let’s move on.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 14:04 (Ref:4016534)   #888
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed. This weekend should be a good one and should be a nice end to a tough, but still great season
Old 15 Nov 2020, 15:29 (Ref:4016975)   #889
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Indeed. This weekend should be a good one and should be a nice end to a tough, but still great season
The driving standards from many of the fall races during season was rather poor. Lots of incidents, put a lot of debris on the track. Probably a reason for the high number of safety car periods. A 31 car grid at the 12 hours of Sebring should not have been slowed down at the rate it was but it happened. I guess we got spoiled by the high standard we go in 2019.

Best race of year easily was the Daytona 24 hours. Laguna Seca was up there too. So was V.I.R and Daytona Sprint. My standards of a good sportscar race might be different from others though. I always like the clean races that play out naturally to its conclusion the best. Petit Le Mans and Sebring 12 hours was not that.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 19:05 (Ref:4017311)   #890
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Let’s move on.
Indeed. Ignorance is bliss. Let the slippery slope continue.

I don't know how you make $$$ from it but to each his own.

Please delete my account so I'm not tempeted.

Thank you.

jimclark