Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jan 2007, 02:10 (Ref:1818093)   #1
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette Returns!

Announced HERE .
Old 18 Jan 2007, 02:55 (Ref:1818110)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
Announced HERE .

And here.http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=86781&page=2

L.P.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 10:49 (Ref:1818310)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm I wonder if this means we will see Aston Martin back in the ALMS? Corvette said they were waiting to see what Aston Martin intended to do, hopefully this can be seen as a good sign that Aston Martin will return to the ALMS this year.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1818322)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Err no - I don't think you'll see Aston back
Old 18 Jan 2007, 10:59 (Ref:1818326)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Hmm I wonder if this means we will see Aston Martin back in the ALMS? Corvette said they were waiting to see what Aston Martin intended to do, hopefully this can be seen as a good sign that Aston Martin will return to the ALMS this year.
I hope you're right about Aston Martin, although the 'rumour mill' would currently suggest otherwise. But, fingers crossed..........

Ah......I think Graham's just kicked any hopes we may have into touch!
Old 18 Jan 2007, 16:29 (Ref:1818573)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aston Martin Racing are a bunch of pansies. "Nonsense, Maurice. Come on everybody, let's go meet the pansies!"

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 18 Jan 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1818574)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now that's funny!
Old 18 Jan 2007, 18:46 (Ref:1818668)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
According to DSC, James Turner, Commercial Director of AMR is leaving. It would seem as though AMR is imploding.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1818672)   #9
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say take the reistrictors off the C6.Rs and let them have a run at the R10s & Pugs

They may not be in the same class, but would make for very exciting racing.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 18 Jan 2007 at 18:58.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1818740)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Is it still possible to turn a GT car into an LMP like Panoz did with the batmobile some years ago?

The batmobile was an old-school GT1, though...
Old 18 Jan 2007, 20:24 (Ref:1818750)   #11
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I say take the reistrictors off the C6.Rs and let them have a run at the R10s & Pugs

Yes! Great idea!

And then the LMP's would cry to the ACO and then . . . . .
Old 18 Jan 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1818871)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Might as well let the MC12s race too.

What?
Old 18 Jan 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1818897)   #13
thereal_tdb
Rookie

thereal_tdb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Aston Martin Racing are a bunch of pansies. "Nonsense, Maurice. Come on everybody, let's go meet the pansies!"

Corvette returning is great news!
.......... Now who wants a cookie?
Old 18 Jan 2007, 23:18 (Ref:1818910)   #14
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Why not let the R10 run without any restrictions and race some F1 cars? I am sure it would make some bad ass power if it only had to race for at most 5 hours. That is about as silly as anything I have heard.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 23:18 (Ref:1818911)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Might as well let the MC12s race too.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 23:35 (Ref:1818926)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the ALMS would have GT2, P2, and one super class. Sounds good to me...

Last edited by jhansen; 18 Jan 2007 at 23:40.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 06:24 (Ref:1819059)   #17
Chaos81
Racer

United States
Chaos81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster
Why not let the R10 run without any restrictions and race some F1 cars? I am sure it would make some bad ass power if it only had to race for at most 5 hours. That is about as silly as anything I have heard.
Might be silly, but at least the C6's and the R10's run on track at the same time.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 08:50 (Ref:1819134)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster
|I suspect that it wasn't 100% serious.

Hey why not have a sportscar, F1 and Indy race. Like the old Monzapolis races? It is indeed a silly idea, but a glorious one in a way.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 09:41 (Ref:1819167)   #19
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasn't 100% serious as well.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 17:37 (Ref:1819564)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
winkies all round then
Old 19 Jan 2007, 17:41 (Ref:1819568)   #21
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
Announced HERE .
Great, now the ALMS is reduced to two classes that are glorified demo runs.

As for complaining about AMR staying away, get in the real world, the DBR9 program was always intended to be a customer program, the factory would only develop the car for customers.

Plentiful DBR9's are competing all over Europe, one has gone to Brazil and a couple, if I recall correctly, went to Japan.

Save your complaints for US teams who failed to buy a DBR9 or two, why not complain about Dodge not racing the Viper, or Ford backing Saleen.

In fact, isn't it about time the ALMS got it's act together and started attracting US teams and manufactuer, rather than relying on Europeans to fly half way around the world to compete.

Harsh,, but true.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1819644)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Multi-classes can be a blessing and a curse. It is great because in a time when there is domination and lack of support in two categories the other two are thriving. It is poor because despite a couple of competitive classes there are two classes that are struggling to attract entrants!

Half full. Half empty.

Although the empty is in the quicker classes
Old 19 Jan 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1819684)   #23
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
G

Save your complaints for US teams who failed to buy a DBR9 or two, why not complain about Dodge not racing the Viper, or Ford backing Saleen.

In fact, isn't it about time the ALMS got it's act together and started attracting US teams and manufactuer, rather than relying on Europeans to fly half way around the world to compete.

Harsh,, but true.
Hey I would have a two car GT1 team in a heart beat. One tiny little problem.

Dont have a $5 million dollars to run a team. Any sponsors what to step up??
Old 19 Jan 2007, 20:48 (Ref:1819739)   #24
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Great, now the ALMS is reduced to two classes that are glorified demo runs.

As for complaining about AMR staying away, get in the real world, the DBR9 program was always intended to be a customer program, the factory would only develop the car for customers.

Plentiful DBR9's are competing all over Europe, one has gone to Brazil and a couple, if I recall correctly, went to Japan.

Harsh,, but true.
While at the moment it does not look good for the two classes but I have hope. I wonder just what those classes in the LMS would look like if the two MONSTERS involved, and dominating for quite some time now, were to have been there? At the same level of competitiveness and dominance!!

While I will agree with the assertion that the ALMS does need to attract more American teams and manufacturers, I think it is in bad character to put AMR in the light of a European team only. At this point AM is still a product of Ford(brought back from the scrap heap). And AMR, as has been shoved down my gullet numerous times, is largely the purview of Prodrive. Prodrive has offices and manufacturing/warehouse facilities all over the world including the U.S.!! So IMO that does not hold water! Since AMR's appearance in 04/ 05, Corvette Racing has sold 10 cars, to the likes of GLPK,Luc Alphand,SRT,PSI,Pac.Coast Motrosports, C5-R's (7 with 5 to be raced) and 3 C6.R's with 3 still for sale.
http://www.corvetteracing.com/cars/c6r/c6r.shtml check chassis history's
To 15 DBR9's, check story on James Turner leaving at DSC, and how many of those went to "works" teams. Now I will not get into the semantics of the Corvette being for sale, as no one has proven to me that you could not buy it as new. And in actuality a new C5-R was sold to SRT. As for the DBRS9's P&M does not build an equivalent but AMR's 17 I believe is easily matched with Z06 GT-3's, most all of this in Europe where Aston Martin is a major marque and Corvette is considered an Upstart American Rattletrap by most people!! In my book those are pretty dang good #'s!!

Why no one bought a DBR9 to compete with the vettes? That is pretty simple. Nobody thinks they can compete with the Behemoth of Corvette Racing / P&M no matter which car they bring to the table!!

As for the ALMS relying on Europeans. I think you better check the air in your tires! One team of all the fulltime teams last year was non N.American and that was AM/Prodrive!

L.P.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 21:42 (Ref:1819782)   #25
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Now I will not get into the semantics of the Corvette being for sale, as no one has proven to me that you could not buy it as new. And in actuality a new C5-R was sold to SRT. As for the DBRS9's P&M does not build an equivalent but AMR's 17 I believe

L.P.
GM / P&M has TWO brand new C6.Rs for sale as customer cars. $750,000 each. Spare engines are $125,000 each

Care race has several Ferrari 550s for lease with brand new ProDrive motors in.

Asemco has the two Saleens for sale.

GT1 Cars are there around and ready to race.