Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Jan 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3791754)   #166
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Happens to a lot of cars initially introduced and sold as Ďsportingí. Eventually they become the choice of many sectors of the population who have little interest in any Ďsportingí ability. Thatís when I used to sell them and look for something else!

TT, S3, Cooper S, Golf R, Boxster and Z4 immediately spring to mind. Perhaps not the Z4.....
Old 10 Jan 2018, 16:08 (Ref:3791764)   #167
Tel 911S
Racer

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Very funny 911, I love it. Does the TT only come in pink?
Lady next door has a blue TT .
And she [ really ] has a hairdressing business .

PS . was going to say she has a blue one , but then thought it might lead to some smutty innuendo .
Old 10 Jan 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3791767)   #168
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Lady next door has a blue TT .
And she [ really ] has a hairdressing business .

PS . was going to say she has a blue one , but then thought it might lead to some smutty innuendo .

Spoil sport.
Old 10 Jan 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3791771)   #169
Tel 911S
Racer

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[/B]

Spoil sport.
Well, I was a bit worried about you getting too excited Bauble .

I thought you might start asking what does it look like , & does she get it out when it is wet , or what colour is it inside .
Old 10 Jan 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3791797)   #170
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Well, I was a bit worried about you getting too excited Bauble .

I thought you might start asking what does it look like , & does she get it out when it is wet , or what colour is it inside .
Wow! That's got my imagination working overtime.
Old 10 Jan 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3791802)   #171
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow! That's got my imagination working overtime.
I thought it was a description of your old boiler!
Old 10 Jan 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3791839)   #172
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I thought it was a description of your old boiler!
That's no way to talk about his wife!
Old 11 Jan 2018, 08:06 (Ref:3791922)   #173
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Exactly my thoughts, but I know that Elwin chap from of old.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3791923)   #174
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
How could you say such a thing, Mike - the thought had never entered my head.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3791999)   #175
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Going back to the Liverpool car park fire, in which it’s suggested 1400 cars were destroyed, according to CCW this week a pristine 1965 V8 Mustang notchback was amongst them. Fingers crossed the owner had a decent classic insurance policy in place.......
Old 11 Jan 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3792001)   #176
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
Well I'm making the pilgrimage to Autosport, and even though I'm not racing myself ATM it's reasonably interesting. Some interesting cars, some ordinary ones, bit on the whole I'm glad I haven't paid to come in...if you were serious about kitting your car out then you can do just as well on the internet.

I've just paid £3.75 for a pint which is no more than in my local so all's well with the world!

Suppose I ought to do some work. But then again...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Jan 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3792039)   #177
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Not popped in for a few days but see the usual suspects are keeping the brews flowing

Amazed at the French diesel prices.....I was only paying just under 90 Eurocents per litre for petrol in Tenerife before Xmas, and diesel was even cheaper! Made the 1000 or so kilometres we drove there very cheap

Any of you guys going to Autosport at the NEC this year? Haven't been for a few years so we're wandering along on Thursday, tho I imagine as usual I'll spend a lot of time looking at all the new tech kit and wondering what it does
Re French diesel prices, I noticed in passing that at a local independent diesel is now 1.54 per litre. Been there a long time but goodness knows how he survives as he is practically in sight of a supermarket.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3792052)   #178
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Re French diesel prices, I noticed in passing that at a local independent diesel is now 1.54 per litre. Been there a long time but goodness knows how he survives as he is practically in sight of a supermarket.
You see that out in the sticks over here. As you say.....

Apologies for ads, but worth watching.... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/down...cid=spartanntp
Old 13 Jan 2018, 07:44 (Ref:3792421)   #179
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of you who have access to Facebook you might want to check out the link below. It's the FJHRA's page and one of the most recent posts is a series of photos taken of 'period' FJ drivers etc taken during a gathering at the current Autosport show:

https://www.facebook.com/FJHRA/?hc_r...bB5ZWIYhCpaSfs
Old 13 Jan 2018, 08:40 (Ref:3792423)   #180
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
For those of you who have access to Facebook you might want to check out the link below. It's the FJHRA's page and one of the most recent posts is a series of photos taken of 'period' FJ drivers etc taken during a gathering at the current Autosport show:

https://www.facebook.com/FJHRA/?hc_r...bB5ZWIYhCpaSfs
Did I see Mr Rowley in one of those and can someone have a whip round to buy John Arnold some razor blades