Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: Which circuit would you use/not use in 2004 for BTCC
Knockhill and current list for 2004 3 7.14%
Rockingham and current list for 2004 4 9.52%
Both Rockingham and Knockhill and drop one Brands Hatch round in 2004 35 83.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Sep 2003, 07:09 (Ref:728409)   #1
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC circuits?

There may yet be changes to the 2004 BTCC calendar. But what would you include if you were the Boss? Would you bring back Knockhill, keep with Rockingham or drop one of the Brands rounds?

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 24 Sep 2003, 15:14 (Ref:728798)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Presuming that CART will not be back in 04 I say drop one of the Brands Hatch rounds.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 16:52 (Ref:728874)   #3
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like:

-- Brands Hatch on Long circuit
-- Rockingham is it different in terms of a challenge and type of race track to the others.
-- Knockhill, It is the BTCC yet right now Ireland (not Northern Ireland either) has more races than Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland put together so for names sake and fans from Scotland who want to see a race without a big drive put Knockhill back.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 19:10 (Ref:729014)   #4
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
There are plans to upgrage and lengthen Pembrey. That would make a good Welsh event.

Old 24 Sep 2003, 19:13 (Ref:729015)   #5
lauz
Rookie

Scotland
scotland
lauz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i really want the touring cars to come back up to scotland but i still want them to go to rockingham. i don't see the point of racing at a circuit twice and forcing another circuit to be left out. so why not have one brands race and at race at both rockingham and knockhill.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 21:52 (Ref:729167)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix1
so for names sake and fans from Scotland who want to see a race without a big drive put Knockhill back.

Amen to that!

I voted keep Rockingham and put Knockhill back on, but i don't reckon that will be reality.

Rockingham is a first class facility that should never be left without a round of the BTCC. I think the BTCC is actually boosted by the facilities at Rockingham so we can't let that go.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 01:41 (Ref:729260)   #7
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends.....

If one Brands round is the Indy, and one the GP, then keep both, and bye bye Rockingham.....

If both Brands Hatch's are going to be the Indy, get rid of one, and lets go to both Rockingham AND Knockhill (love the inclines.....not just up, but down as well! )
Old 25 Sep 2003, 06:57 (Ref:729425)   #8
Sherman
Racer

Sherman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can it be a 'British' touring car championship without rounds in Wales or Scotland?
Old 25 Sep 2003, 07:28 (Ref:729439)   #9
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take them to Cadwell that would sort the men from the boys.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:59 (Ref:729912)   #10
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by codename_47
Depends.....

If one Brands round is the Indy, and one the GP, then keep both, and bye bye Rockingham.....

If both Brands Hatch's are going to be the Indy, get rid of one, and lets go to both Rockingham AND Knockhill (love the inclines.....not just up, but down as well! )
Yes, I think I'd go along with all of that!. I assume that the GP circuit at Brands isn't really an option, so I've voted to drop one of the races there.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 18:39 (Ref:729988)   #11
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by krt917
Yes, I think I'd go along with all of that!. I assume that the GP circuit at Brands isn't really an option, so I've voted to drop one of the races there.
All I know is that it wasn't possible for the Champ Cars....no Idea whether it comes up to BTCC standard or if it's even being considered! :confused:
Old 26 Sep 2003, 06:51 (Ref:730467)   #12
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
I did hear that the Seat rounds are on both the GP and Indy loop at Brands this weekend. So I am asuming that if hte Seat Cupras can race on it so can BTCC. But the only fly in the ointmnet is of course Chump Car, sorry Champ Car as Mr Antill pointed out. I would rather see BTCC run with the F3/GT's than Champ Cars. Just like at the start of 2002 on the GP loop.

Old 26 Sep 2003, 11:34 (Ref:730646)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It's not a question of the Brands GP loop not being 'up to standard' it wasn't used for the Champ Car meeting as Dingle Dell was still being re-profiled. The Champ Cars will use the full GP circuit next year, assuming they are back.

The usual objection to the GP loop from TOCA is that most of the spectators are around the Indy track and therefore the cars disapear from view for long periods. There's also problems with planning/noise restrictions meaning it can only be used for a certain number of days during the year.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 16:06 (Ref:734264)   #14
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
It's not a question of the Brands GP loop not being 'up to standard' it wasn't used for the Champ Car meeting as Dingle Dell was still being re-profiled. The Champ Cars will use the full GP circuit next year, assuming they are back.

The usual objection to the GP loop from TOCA is that most of the spectators are around the Indy track and therefore the cars disapear from view for long periods. There's also problems with planning/noise restrictions meaning it can only be used for a certain number of days during the year.
Then this can be solved by two points:

1)Bring back the big screens so fans can see what's going on when the cars are out of view (now that Motors TV's about, just tune it to that channel! )

2) Tell the residents that they knew the racetrack was there when they moved in, live with it.....you don't move in near an airport and ask the council to restrict the number of days planes fly over do you??

Chances of either idea happening: 0%
Old 30 Sep 2003, 06:47 (Ref:734925)   #15
Shirley
Rookie

Shirley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they should drop one of the Brand's meeting.
And keep Rockingham.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 14:52 (Ref:735437)   #16
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by codename_47
Then this can be solved by two points:

1)Bring back the big screens so fans can see what's going on when the cars are out of view (now that Motors TV's about, just tune it to that channel! )

2) Tell the residents that they knew the racetrack was there when they moved in, live with it.....you don't move in near an airport and ask the council to restrict the number of days planes fly over do you??

Chances of either idea happening: 0%
Don't get me started on point two. Moaners drive me nuts. And some of these people actually DO moan to the council about the planes!

There is a third solution. Tell spectators to be patient for a few seconds in the opening laps - after a while, the field will be spread enough for there to be something to look at most of the time!
Old 30 Sep 2003, 15:08 (Ref:735463)   #17
cntmunky
Rookie

cntmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC should go to both Rockingham and Knockhill. As for brands, drop one round and do what the SEATs done this weekend, 1 race on indy 1 on GP. You cant call a championship british if it is only based in England, and 1 abroad race. Like F3's a few years ago when SPA was on but no Knockhill.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 17:01 (Ref:735577)   #18
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
It would be nice if any of the drivers (potential drivers) read this thread then tell us what they prefer.