Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Feb 2004, 19:03 (Ref:879614)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
What a Finish !!!

Me again!

Hope everybody was able to watch the Milwaukee video, as it is no longer online. In its place, I've made up a little highlight vid from a race that many of us agree was one of the best!

http***
And if the dialup members were upset about the last one, they'll be even moreso now. It's 9-Megs, 6:00 minutes long.

Again, I ask that the link not be reposted elsewhere. As it is, I've got a funny feeling that my bandwidth will soon be exceeded.

Hope you enjoy! I look forward to comments and/or suggestions!

EDIT: Due to tech diffs, video is offline. Hope to replace with Vancouver before the night's over...

Last edited by macdaddy; 22 Feb 2004 at 00:02.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 19:23 (Ref:879625)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't viewed the link, but I rememebr it as a true classic - Gil de Ferran and Mark Blundell toughing it out on the last lap, with Mark edging ahead on the final straight. He also passed someone (Fitipaldi I think) at the start of the last lap. Reputedly his first words after crossing the line were to the effect of "well, that was quite a race, where did we finish?". The team kept him in suspense for several seconds before telling him he'd won.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 19:37 (Ref:879643)   #3
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There sure was some great races in '97!
Old 20 Feb 2004, 00:28 (Ref:879958)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
oh yeah Portland 97 , I have that on tape somewhere , simply an amazing race and Blundell just getting home in the end.

97 sure was a great season , now Im gonna have to dig the tape out and watch the whole race again , thanks for reminding me macdaddy
Old 20 Feb 2004, 01:37 (Ref:880003)   #5
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As one of the three communicators at the chicane, I remember we spent over an hour and a half after the race writing reports (we could not write during the race, even during yellows, since it was raining too hard). As we finished each one our captain would take it to the tower so the stewards could chew on it.

And then my friend and I drove home. She took the first shift driving. I fell asleep immediately. When we got to the dinner stop at Chehalis she said I'd been calling yellows and shortcuts in my sleep...

keke
Old 20 Feb 2004, 11:45 (Ref:880309)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great video Macdaddy!

1997 makes you wonder how it could all go wrong - No, actualy for me thats '95.

[Green Mile voice]
Boss? Boss? Hows about you gives me one of thoose videos with Zanardi in it?
[/Green Mile voice]

Hey, do they have season highlight videos for Champcars? I've never seen them in Australia.

Quote:
And if the dialup members were upset about the last one, they'll be even moreso now. It's 9-Megs, 6:00 minutes long.
We don't complain, we do

Last edited by Hazza; 20 Feb 2004 at 11:50.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 14:29 (Ref:880477)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another beer for macdaddy!
Old 20 Feb 2004, 18:59 (Ref:880717)   #8
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks, f1manoz! I've never been known to turn down a beer!
Quote:
From Hazza:
Hows about you gives me one of thoose videos with Zanardi in it?
Well... I've got the entire 1997 season at my fingertips...
How's about Vancouver?
I'll get to work on a new vid in short order. Suggestions are welcome!
Old 20 Feb 2004, 22:44 (Ref:880884)   #9
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks McDaddy. I loved that race, got a little wet but what excitement. I have a Randy Owens print, signed by Blundell, "closest finish.......portland .027" hanging on the wall while watching this. Thanks for the flash back. Vancouver 97, Zinardi on the pole.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 00:53 (Ref:880989)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mate, I'm complaining. I'll download it when I have more time...
Old 21 Feb 2004, 01:37 (Ref:881015)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Taken from CART.com's Biography of Zanardi - 1997

Quote:
Victory at Cleveland came in a dramatic drive back from 22nd place after 37 of 90 laps due to a pair of penalties.
Hows that sound Macdaddy?

(here's annother beer )

Last edited by Hazza; 21 Feb 2004 at 01:40.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 06:15 (Ref:881121)   #12
Shaggy_SoCal
Rookie

Shaggy_SoCal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone asking about CART videos.

http://www.cartvideos.com/

My Fav so far is 2003 Milwaukee
Old 21 Feb 2004, 08:34 (Ref:881169)   #13
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Hazza... I'll quite likely do Cleveland'97, but the television cameras didn't follow Zanardi's rise through the field. If I remember correctly, the announcers didn't even realize what was going on until ZMan was in P4.

As for Shaggy's link, it's a good one. But the webmaster there kinda stiffed me, so I don't bother with them any more.

Jordi... Did you get the Milwaukee file? I'll try to leave Portland up for a little while - but I'm having fun doing this, and I'm anxious to start on another! I'm in negotiations with my sister, for her to give me her FTP account. Then I'll be able to have two or more online at once.

I haven't viewed these tapes in a long time, but I believe that I've also got 1996 in its entirety. In fact, I've got stuff dating back to 93. I'll look to see if I've got Cleveland'93... a classic battle between Tracy and Mansell.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 09:58 (Ref:881228)   #14
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
This has nothing to do with anything.

From my internet provider's website:

Quote:
"The Bell Sympatico High Speed Internet service will provide you with speeds of up to 960 Kbps downstream..."
Sometimes I link onto Sympatico's and/or McAfee's internet "speedometers", and I've always beaten their "maximum" mark. There was a time when a Symp phone tech did a connection test, and was astonished by my speeds of up to 1.2 Mbps!

Anyway... I've just run both tests, and apparently right now I'm running at T2 speeds of over 2.5 Mbps! And I've got nothing that I can think of to download!

Sorry. I warned you that this had nothing to do with anything.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:06 (Ref:881231)   #15
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
S'allright.

Hey if you have the Vid, you could put up the first Champcar race I ever saw: Surfer's '93 - but i'm a greedy little pig (Oink oink)

keep up the brilliant work!
Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:05 (Ref:881624)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just managed to download it before the technical difficulties happened... A great video macdaddy. I didn't get Milwaukee, but it'd be great to have more of those race review videos, especially as back then I did not have a channel broacasting CART.