Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Aug 2002, 11:57 (Ref:359014)   #1
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSRCA Eastern Creek - What Cars are coming?

Starting a new thread can be like mating elephants!

Does anyone know how the field is shaping up for the Historics in September? Another bumper meeting? What effect has the group of tintops who have been "supporting" the V8's had?

Love to hear...

"275-GTB-4?, yeah ya know, the Ferrari that looks like an E-Type on steroids!!"
Old 17 Aug 2002, 13:07 (Ref:359710)   #2
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There maybe some info on there website www.hsrca.org.au
Old 18 Aug 2002, 12:45 (Ref:360189)   #3
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSRCA Homepage

Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
There maybe some info on there website www.hsrca.org.au
Nope, unfortunately the site appears to be a little static so far as news is concerned. Hopefully, it will be a good, well attended meeting. I read about a theme somewheres (buckingham built cars?)- oh well just have to wait and see..
Old 22 Aug 2002, 12:03 (Ref:363601)   #4
Clubman
Rookie

Clubman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry about the lack of news on the HSRCA website, we're working on it...

This year's Eastern Creek historic meeting (sponsored by Shannons Insurance) will feature a tribute to Renmax cars, with 22 Renmaxes on display (including the first Renmax), and 12 of these entered for the meeting.

Also on the program is the annual National Historic Touring Car Cup, with a full grid of Group Nb cars in one field and a full grid of NC cars in another. Entries stand at well over 300 cars, and are open for a few more days yet. Oh, we'll have the ex Alboreto Ferrari Turbo Formula 1 car racing with the Group R cars, so it's worth going just to see that!

Racing starts around 1.00pm Saturday, and 9.00am Sunday. See you there!
Old 23 Aug 2002, 01:26 (Ref:364107)   #5
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that the Ferrari that crashed at Phillip Island about 4 years ago. If it is the person driving it came out on the main straight on a damp track and the boost came in,it spun and hit a concrete wall big time.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 11:31 (Ref:364356)   #6
Clubman
Rookie

Clubman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mickj,

Yes, same car restored at not inconsiderable expense by the factory, and now driven by its owner, who gets quicker each time he brings it out. Must be just about the ultimate toy!

BTW, I was present at PI when the accident occured, and almost cried when it hit the wall... but, all better now!

Cheers,
Clubman
Old 24 Aug 2002, 09:58 (Ref:364935)   #7
275GTB-4
Rookie

275GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank You Clubman

Quote:
Originally posted by Clubman
Sorry about the lack of news on the HSRCA website, we're working on it...

This year's Eastern Creek historic meeting (sponsored by Shannons Insurance) will feature a tribute to Renmax cars, with 22 Renmaxes on display (including the first Renmax), and 12 of these entered for the meeting.

Also on the program is the annual National Historic Touring Car Cup, with a full grid of Group Nb cars in one field and a full grid of NC cars in another. Entries stand at well over 300 cars, and are open for a few more days yet. Oh, we'll have the ex Alboreto Ferrari Turbo Formula 1 car racing with the Group R cars, so it's worth going just to see that!

Thanks for the update, would appreciate any more info as it comes to hand. I just know it helps promote HSRCA meetings when they advertise entrants prior to the meeting. Guido's Ferrari is soooo puretty to watch (simpatico!). He certainly wasn't afraid to mix it last year. Looking forward to the meeting. Any suggestions for cheap (Pub?) accommodation close by? Cheers

275GTB-4? you know the Ferrari that looks like an E-Type on steroids!!
Old 30 Aug 2002, 03:13 (Ref:368784)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently there will be no spectators, as my Trackside thread has no replies. I don't know who will be racing. Haven't got my paperwork yet.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 03:36 (Ref:368788)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That brings up a Q. What are the attendances like at the southern Historics meetings, when they have several events every year?
Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:26 (Ref:368866)   #10
275GTB-4
Rookie

275GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I'm interested in the answer to that one....

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
That brings up a Q. What are the attendances like at the southern Historics meetings, when they have several events every year?
They (the Mexicans) seem quite keen on Historics - I've never been but would like to. Victorian Flagmarshal site and Vic Historic site would be a good start. Loved the Newton-John song thing!!
Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:46 (Ref:368886)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't been to a Historic meeting in Victoria, but I've been to several in NSW and sadly the attendances are quite poor. I've seen bigger crowds at a State Championship meeting.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 11:19 (Ref:368988)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...that's what I've gathered from pics from those events. But hey, look at the crowd at our big national event- it was huge! I suppose if that was spread over several meetings, it wouldn't be so impressive..
Old 10 Sep 2002, 09:03 (Ref:377180)   #13
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Post Event Wrap

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
...that's what I've gathered from pics from those events. But hey, look at the crowd at our big national event- it was huge! I suppose if that was spread over several meetings, it wouldn't be so impressive..
The car park was full, the grids were full, the sun shone and some good racing happened!! Sad to see the ex-F1 Ferrari blow a clutch on Sunday and also sad to see some notables missinb from the tin-top ranks (support guys for the V8's). Overall rating 8/10!!
Old 25 Sep 2002, 05:42 (Ref:387806)   #14
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We do ok for crowds at Winton, not bad at PI and ok for Sandown. This year we actually still have two Historic meetings to come. One at Winton, the Winton Historic Festival, and the Sandown Tasman race in November. Both should be good weekends.

For those interested, the Winton meeting is the 5 and 6 October.

Last edited by Flaggie; 25 Sep 2002 at 05:43.
Old 25 Sep 2002, 07:28 (Ref:387860)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
You might have seen the preview in AA () about the Historic Mt Cotton Hillclimb, which replaces the Lowood Sprints. We've also got the Noosa Hillclimb coming up, which is sure to be a cracker.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 22:14 (Ref:701205)   #16
Oily Rag
Rookie

Oily Rag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will now find the entry list for Eastern Creek on the HSRCA website (www.hsrca.org.au). There is a small glitch (which we'll try to fix) in that the group each car is entered in flows onto the following page, but most will be figure it out.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 08:23 (Ref:701498)   #17
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Mr.Bowden bringing down some of his toys this year?Are the Geoghegan's going to be there this year?Jeez I'm getting excited already & it's still over a week away!
Old 28 Aug 2003, 10:28 (Ref:701594)   #18
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Welcome Oiley

Quote:
Originally posted by Oily Rag
You will now find the entry list for Eastern Creek on the HSRCA website (www.hsrca.org.au). There is a small glitch (which we'll try to fix) in that the group each car is entered in flows onto the following page, but most will be figure it out.
Welcome to the forum Oiley, we need more Historic people here to balance up the other groups and to educate them to the best kept secret around!!.

The HSRCA website is not the friendliest website in the world but thanks for the heads up. Cheers