Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Oct 2007, 13:40 (Ref:2032021)   #1
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little house on the Mulsanne

When I was riding down the Mulsanne that weekend in June I noticed a little house after the second roundabout that looked a little out of place.
A link to googlemaps here:
Link

There were a couple of guys poking around the garden but on the whole the place looked quite modest.

I am wondering how it came to exist next to the famous straight with development (McDonalds) and roads all around it.

I'm sure a few enthusiasts have tried to buy it?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 15:27 (Ref:2032102)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately I can't load the picture as this crap machine the civil service allow me to use won't display anything on googlemaps.......

Is the actual Maison Blanche still in existence? - now that would be a house to have........
Old 5 Oct 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2032123)   #3
zac510
Veteran

Hi Ayse, I was all ready to post up a screenshot but it won't let me create an attachment
Old 5 Oct 2007, 16:38 (Ref:2032174)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its even got a massive garden for the Bar-b-q and session that follows on sunday night too !!!

That would be a plan if i won the lotto ..... a party house at Le Mans !!!
Old 5 Oct 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2032176)   #5
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Is the actual Maison Blanche still in existence? - now that would be a house to have........
No, I believe that building has been knocked down. But several of the other houses in the vacinity are still there.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 17:04 (Ref:2032194)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
yes it is - its behind a fence and is utterly derelict - however it is owned I believe by Rob Schirle who also owns the Irish bar in the town.

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=47.93...20&r=0&src=ggl

Last edited by ss_collins; 5 Oct 2007 at 17:07.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2032210)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Shirle should turn it into a restaurant ..... Which Irish bar is that then , is it in a small street at the top of the town ?
Old 6 Oct 2007, 15:55 (Ref:2033003)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The one near Legends - Murphys I think its called - I'm often found in there (when I'm not in Legends)
Old 6 Oct 2007, 16:50 (Ref:2033040)   #9
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that the same Rob Schirle that used to drive the Listers and many others before that?
Old 6 Oct 2007, 17:01 (Ref:2033050)   #10
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
yes
Old 6 Oct 2007, 21:08 (Ref:2033219)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Murphys I think its called
Thats a unique name !!!

I think ive been in there too .
Old 7 Oct 2007, 10:22 (Ref:2033757)   #12
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bloody google maps wont work.

so i have absolutely no idea what im lookin at.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:26 (Ref:2035230)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
yes it is - its behind a fence and is utterly derelict - however it is owned I believe by Rob Schirle who also owns the Irish bar in the town.

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=47.93...20&r=0&src=ggl

Should have asked you first Sam........

This has to be preserved. Something so historically important can't be left to just disappear.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 01:03 (Ref:2035443)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More than preserved - I would think there'd be an opportunity to turn it into a fan / VIP amenity.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Oct 2007, 07:11 (Ref:2035561)   #15
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
One on those buildings in that overhead shot had a for sale notice outside it at this years race - I cant remember which one. I intended to make enquiries but never did. We were camping just between it and the track.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 07:42 (Ref:2035581)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I remember someone saying once that there was still the remains of advertising at the White House - paint/logos on walls, that sort of thing. Any idea if there's anything left there?
Old 10 Oct 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2036959)   #17
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Its very overgrown and fenced off.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 09:22 (Ref:2038338)   #18
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An old friend of the family's used to own the building I think you are referring to.
The original question on this thread was re a building on the Mulsanne - and (from the overhead view) I think we saw the one you mean on our way out this year - it certainly wasn't derelict if that's the one - and was in use this year.
The building referred to as "Maison Blanche" on this thread is on the airfield side of the circuit - it is overgrown and I took some photos of it this year - will see if I can put them up somewhere.
There are reasons it has been left to become overgrown - which I don't think I can post on here, and I actually approached the ACO two years ago to see if it could be bought - (they didn't acknowledge it existed).
I was actually thinking of trying again – so if any one has any ideas on how I could establish current ownership please PM me.
As for advertising on/ inside - I expect there are still posters on the walls – we used to party there through the 80’s and the owner was involved in LM in a big way, but most of the stuff displayed was old ACO posters etc.
Pilg.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 09:46 (Ref:2038357)   #19
zac510
Veteran

I didn't mean to say it was derelict, I just thought it stood out and has resisted investment of commerce and road transport all around it while being in such a prime viewing position!
Old 12 Oct 2007, 09:55 (Ref:2038369)   #20
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
...we used to party there through the 80’s ...
Pilg.
Reflecting - this must have been - early to mid 90's! LOL!