Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 24 Jul 2001, 12:47 (Ref:121095)   #1
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic packaging at Lydden.......

The next round of the Classic Package , and the last before the fabled? (Peter) Pembrey round is at Lydden on Sunday 5th August , and who knows whether or not we will be there next year , so who's able to make the effort this time around and gonna be there , be it behind the wheel,the fire extinguisher,in the grandstand?.....or dare I say it , in the bar ? (if there is one)
Old 24 Jul 2001, 18:11 (Ref:121187)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's possible. Can't really say any more than that though. We'll be at Snetterton the day before and there's talk of us karting on the Sunday... if we're free and not too hungover then a debut visit to Lydden may be in order...
Old 25 Jul 2001, 08:47 (Ref:121454)   #3
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Classic packaging at Lydden.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
The next round of the Classic Package , and the last before the fabled? (Peter) Pembrey round is at Lydden on Sunday 5th August , and who knows whether or not we will be there next year , so who's able to make the effort this time around and gonna be there , be it behind the wheel,the fire extinguisher,in the grandstand?.....or dare I say it , in the bar ? (if there is one)
I was planning on it, the car is ready to go certainly. Unfortunately the driver isn't. I'm not really up to driving a race car at the minute, so I'll be saving myself for Pembrey.

Stacy.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 08:52 (Ref:121457)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Won't be there in anything but spirit sadly.

Good luck, hope all goes well.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:37 (Ref:121598)   #5
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am currently writing an article about the CSCC. It seems to me, although there have been a lot of competitors this year, many are only doing ocasional rounds! Consequntly, grid numbers are down on 2000.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 21:37 (Ref:121780)   #6
Peter.S
Rookie

Peter.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Slowcoach.

I take it you have not visited Lydden Hill before.
Not many other people have visited Lydden Hill either...
The Bar.... This you will find in the paddock area. A converted Portacabin I think..
Grandstand... No chance..
Dont get me wrong I'm not knocking Lydden, I think the circuit is a great club circuit. I'ts just the public do not want to visit it.
It has it's own way of doing things, it's own character.
You will not be fighting for the prime spectating spot.

Enjoy..
Old 30 Jul 2001, 20:42 (Ref:124000)   #7
sunbeam73
Rookie

England
MULBARTON, near NORWICH
sunbeam73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at Lydden this Sunday, having just received final instructions it seems that the numbers are a bit low. I'm in the blue Sunbeam in Group 1 BTW.

cheers,

Sean

(was on holiday during the last 2 rounds!)
Old 30 Jul 2001, 20:45 (Ref:124001)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Is there a timetable available for this meeting ? Just in case we decide to leave Snetterton horribly early Sunday AM like we did after last year's night race for some reason...
Old 31 Jul 2001, 09:57 (Ref:124229)   #9
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey - are we racing again! after racing every 2 weeks for the first half of the year having 5 weeks off is like a close season
Here's the timetable - Since this is Lydden no engines before 12.30
Race order and Qualifying times;
[list=1]Classic Saloon and Historic 12.30
Classic Clubmans 12.45
Post Historic TC 13.00
URS FF 2000 13.15
Classic Group 1 13.30
Classic Thunder 13.45
Classic FF 1600 14.00
Pre 90 TC 14.15[/list=1]
Only 10 mins qualifying + 5 mins track clear time.
Racing will start immediately after last qualifying, all 20 laps.

As Peter S says no grandstand- but then you don't need it, it's a natural amphitheatre and you can see most of the track from the surrounding banking, and I don't think there's a bar either - not that I remember, there is a great little refreshment hut that does terrific eccles cakes though, bit like a WRVS tea bar.

I love Lydden for it's atmosphere, it is a true club circuit that has never pretended to be anything else. A friend of mine who is a BARC official was recently at a meeting where some people were complaining about the lack of facilities for corporate hospitality at Lydden, get real ! as far as I'm concerned it will be a great shame if it does close this year.
I spent a lot of time rallycrossing at Lydden when I first started in motorsport but have only driven the main circuit twice, so don't be surprised if when I'm coming down Hairy Hill I suddenley turn right onto the dirt - it'll just be the autopilot cutting in

So if you've got the time Craig make the effort to come along, you'll see a lot of close racing, and it may be the last chance.
Lydden's only 250yds shorter than Brands but you get a whole 20 laps.

See you on the black stuff...
Old 31 Jul 2001, 11:42 (Ref:124280)   #10
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have fun chaps - I'm in my summer break - 3 1/2 months without a race

bad planning or what !
Old 31 Jul 2001, 12:38 (Ref:124300)   #11
Slowcoach
Racer

Well Peter.S I have actually been to Lydden many times sprinting and so it was more a forlorn hope that I mentioned about the possibility of a bar having been built in the 2 years since I was last there a bar because my past record is not good having had a couple of big offs at the bottom of that bloomin' hill , not to mention more of my fair share of trouble at the Devil's Elbow! Still at least we've got 20 laps to make a decent fist of it. Poor turn out this year , only 8 in CT on my sheet ,still I shall need all the room possible. See you all there guys and Tony save me an eccles cake please!

Last edited by Slowcoach; 31 Jul 2001 at 12:39.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 14:22 (Ref:124360)   #12
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
...and Tony save me an eccles cake please!
Not likely ! - they're all mine there might be one left over if Malletman isn't going to be there

450bhp and 1 1/2 tons of SDI should be pretty entertaining to watch going into paddock - maybe you should aim for the RallyX turn in point...
Old 1 Aug 2001, 07:58 (Ref:124630)   #13
Slowcoach
Racer

Perhaps I should get my knobbly tyres on and take the shortcut
Old 1 Aug 2001, 12:19 (Ref:124711)   #14
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sunbeam73
I'll be at Lydden this Sunday, having just received final instructions it seems that the numbers are a bit low. I'm in the blue Sunbeam in Group 1 BTW.
Impulse purchase of an entry in Group 1 and Pre-90 went in this morning. The Mazda and Mr Vickers will be out on Sunday after all. I'll be pottering around for a final race before it goes to pasture.

Stacy
Old 1 Aug 2001, 13:01 (Ref:124730)   #15
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by stacy
c

Impulse purchase of an entry in Group 1 and Pre-90 went in this morning. The Mazda and Mr Vickers will be out on Sunday after all.

Stacy [/B]
Good news Mr V - the more the merrier.

[b]I'll be pottering around for a final race before it goes to pasture.[b]

Talking to a friend of mine last night who's involved with motorsport organisation it seems that good ol' Lydden Hill has another year now...
So situation normal - it's all as clear as mud !
Old 6 Aug 2001, 07:18 (Ref:126473)   #16
Slowcoach
Racer

So..........how did you all get on , Tony I saw most of your race then missed the end ? and mr.Vickers you seemed to be going pretty well , in the Group 1 but how did the pre-90 go ? Sean you had a stonking race well done ! For my part , the hi's and lows of Motorsport , only managed about 6 laps of qualifying but actually secured my first ever Pole but alas the back axle was in terminal decline (again) and I didn't make even make the grid is it really all worth it................
Old 6 Aug 2001, 09:04 (Ref:126507)   #17
Tony Harman
Veteran

Hi Slowcoach et al - I don't know why it is but I never seem to get a chance to watch much of the racing, always seem so busy. Congrats on the pole but what a real shame you didn't get to race, what's the problem with the axle? Saw a bit of Mr V in one of the races - looked like fun. We had a bit of a fraught day, having had the front shocks rebuilt and modified slightly I suffered big time understeer in practise into and out of the corners, managed to dial some of it out for the race but Paddock and Chessons were still pretty nervous, car just wouldn't go into the corner and then didn't want to put the power down. Still at the end of it all it was a case of to finish first, first you have to finish and with so many people going rallycrossing and dnf's I got a second in class which is great for the championship points. Next stop Pembrey but we've got some set up and testing to do first, may see if there's testing at Pembrey.

See you on the black stuff