Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Mar 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2155463)   #101
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well spotted Redshoes!

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/ga...PS538.jpg.html

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/ga...PS531.jpg.html
Old 18 Mar 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2155501)   #102
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well spotted indeed. Seems Neals livery is the more final one then, with the GMAC on the front fender and the VXR located more balanced between the numberplate and the GMAC on the rear fender.

If only WTCC and BTCC would move away from those ugly number plates and would adopt the number-on-the-window method used in STCC and Australian V8 Supercars. Allows for much nicer liveries.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2155632)   #103
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd ignore the red left wing on Giovanardi's car. It looks like they replaced the original one because he brushed the barriers? You can make out the white topped right wing.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2155801)   #104
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Gio had the white GMAC at media day. Looking at the white on the bonnet and the sudden change of colour it's definitely a replacement wing.

Hadn't noticed before today but the red/black stripes on the two Motorbase cars are reversed - Collard has red on the outer edge, black on the inner. Kane has black outer/red inner.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 00:27 (Ref:2156095)   #105
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Gio had the white GMAC at media day. Looking at the white on the bonnet and the sudden change of colour it's definitely a replacement wing.
Had to change it as Gio crashed-out at Clearways early-on. Obviously not got a stickered wing wing ready!
Quote:
Hadn't noticed before today but the red/black stripes on the two Motorbase cars are reversed - Collard has red on the outer edge, black on the inner. Kane has black outer/red inner.
Yes there are subtle differences between the cars.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 13:46 (Ref:2156484)   #106
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS
Yes there are subtle differences between the cars.
I was expecting the usual differences in minor sponsors and windscreen strip/door mirrors. The stripes aren't that obvious but quite effective.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:09 (Ref:2156669)   #107
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
check for new Flash Engineering BMW livery .. not a full picture.. but i think it looks great .
http://www.touringcartimes.com/

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:30 (Ref:2156689)   #108
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I was expecting the usual differences in minor sponsors and windscreen strip/door mirrors. The stripes aren't that obvious but quite effective.

You guys are going to need a Spotters Guide, arent you

-all the cars are done (and luckily I caught the above about Motorbase), but the art is being used for something else which lots of people will see throughout the season , so that takes priority this week. Guide should be online next week
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2156709)   #109
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Well I could claim I was pointing out the Motorbase bit to make sure you included it in the guide

I spend a fair bit of time captioning photos and often the race number or driver's name isn't visible. That means I tend to look to other visual clues like the differences in livery to identify teammates.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2156729)   #110
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b

-all the cars are done (and luckily I caught the above about Motorbase), but the art is being used for something else which lots of people will see throughout the season , so that takes priority this week. Guide should be online next week
Would this thing people will be seeing lots of, happen to be the TV starting line up? :P
Old 20 Mar 2008, 00:08 (Ref:2156830)   #111
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or is it more likely to be the offical programmes.......
Old 20 Mar 2008, 00:34 (Ref:2156840)   #112
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Programmes are produced by each circuit/MSV, I don't think there's any overarching framework for them all (aside from insisting on charging £5 for something that's thinner than a copy of Autosport with twice the ads in).
Old 20 Mar 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2157609)   #113
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Old 20 Mar 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2157623)   #114
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Programmes are produced by each circuit/MSV, I don't think there's any overarching framework for them all
I thought most of them where the work of David Addison company Cloverleaf Media.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2157649)   #115
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
I think Andy has bigger things in mind!
Old 20 Mar 2008, 22:29 (Ref:2157656)   #116
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I still say it's part of the TV package.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2158180)   #117
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope, not convinced! I'm going for programmes and thats my final guess!
Old 25 Mar 2008, 22:31 (Ref:2161596)   #118
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the peugeot livery from 1997 was pretty bad with it's slime coloured livery!
Old 31 Mar 2008, 03:36 (Ref:2165773)   #119
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Would this thing people will be seeing lots of, happen to be the TV starting line up? :P

congratulations - you win first prize Heres your prize

,,,,although being in Canada, I havent seen them yet, apparently they appeared
Old 31 Mar 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2165874)   #120
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very nice they were Andy, I recognised them straight away. Complete with rolling wheels!
Old 31 Mar 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2165891)   #121
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, they definitely caught attention Great work Andy.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2173992)   #122
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there's a picture of leslies 99 primera at goodwood on the BBC news website. Always liked that paint scheme even if they have mislabled it as a rally car!
Old 10 Apr 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2174557)   #123
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yeah, that range of Nissan liveries (it appeared on a few other things in different guises including a Nissan Sunny GT-R) was pretty cool. Worked well and reminded me of the identity which Holden had with their crash helmet graphic
Old 17 Jul 2018, 21:46 (Ref:3837190)   #124
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The green BMWs from 1992, not the best looking, in their Schnitzer livery however....