Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Jul 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3657880)   #51
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No 1:09's, but close.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 21:12 (Ref:3657881)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Well he is with CORE, why not a Porsche factory driver?
Yeah, why not? I don't know.

I do know that 10 years ago, seeing him at 17 being very quick in a DP, I expected more, but it's a funny sport.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3657882)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yay Mazda. And yes, now win!
Old 9 Jul 2016, 21:16 (Ref:3657884)   #54
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DW did a 1:14. Send it to racecar heaven please.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3657890)   #55
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Barely faster than GTE cars here. Pretty sad.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 02:18 (Ref:3657909)   #56
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yay Mazda. And yes, now win!
I called in a favor.....
Old 10 Jul 2016, 03:18 (Ref:3657914)   #57
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Braun did do a stint in a core porsche gt3 rsr in 2013.he did alright but nothing special.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 03:40 (Ref:3657918)   #58
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Please.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 12:19 (Ref:3657970)   #59
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not sure, but he really think he took steps back when he went to race NASCAR and he'd already be in a real P, but we'll never really know now...
Probably took steps back when he got into a factory drive and crashed into his team mate who was leading a 1-2 on the last corner of the last lap of what would have been that manufacturer's first win.

Granted he has had time to learn from his mistake, but I do wonder if decision-makers for those sorts of things look back on incidents like that and see someone who makes poor decisions and doesn't put the team first.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3658003)   #60
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What time is the start in uk time?
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3658012)   #61
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Probably took steps back when he got into a factory drive and crashed into his team mate who was leading a 1-2 on the last corner of the last lap of what would have been that manufacturer's first win.

Granted he has had time to learn from his mistake, but I do wonder if decision-makers for those sorts of things look back on incidents like that and see someone who makes poor decisions and doesn't put the team first.
What factory drive? I don't remember this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3658013)   #62
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
What time is the start in uk time?
15 mins from now
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:04 (Ref:3658022)   #63
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The IMSA website keeps saying the stream is not available in my country...
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3658023)   #64
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah looks like the same problem like last time around...
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3658024)   #65
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
In that case, here's the link to Deggis' post with direct media player links from the Watkin's Glen race thread.

I've got both working on different devices, but the lower quality stream was the one that lasted the whole race for me last week.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3658026)   #66
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Porsche onboard actually is the main race feed!
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3658027)   #67
BullMan
Veteran

Select the Porsche on-board to see the TV broadcast for some reason.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3658029)   #68
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Bollacks. Another early start. Do they not get that Sunday afternoon is the time people watch sports? Or are the early starts track / race specific?
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3658031)   #69
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
An incident with a PC car, and for once it's the other driver's fault! Pew going too hard over the kerbs at T11 and into the side of Madison Snow.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3658032)   #70
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
An incident with a PC car, and for once it's the other driver's fault! Pew going too hard over the kerbs at T11 and into the side of Madison Snow.
It's always safe to assume that if it wasn't the PC drivers fault then Pew wasn't far away.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:42 (Ref:3658034)   #71
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
It's finally working for me.
Almost 45 minutes in and Goossens hasn't crashed the SoD car yet? He definitely is making progress!
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3658035)   #72
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't want to sound like I'm crapping on gentleman drivers, but I think it's time for either Pew to hang it up and retire, or for MSR to get a sponsor so they can get an all-pro line up in that car. Only guys making money off this stuff is the parts supply division of Onroak Automotive.

I also don't want to sound like I'm also about to dump on a several of the series' professional drivers, but some of the drivers of the DP teams especially are approaching their "best by" dates, too. Just consider that Tom Kristensen retired when he was 47 and Allan McNish did the same at 43.

It's a young man's game now, and when you turn 40, your days are numbered in professional racing anymore. Usually, retirement looms within a few years.

Of course, I think I'm old and I'm not even 30 yet.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3658036)   #73
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I don't want to sound like I'm crapping on gentleman drivers, but I think it's time for either Pew to hang it up and retire, or for MSR to get a sponsor so they can get an all-pro line up in that car. Only guys making money off this stuff is the parts supply division of Onroak Automotive.
If Shank runs the NSX program next year, Pew is probably out to pasture.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3658037)   #74
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If Shank runs the NSX program next year, Pew is probably out to pasture.
If he continues the DP program, he'll need an all-pro line up to keep up with the other teams. It's not like the GA days where rules benefited teams with pro-am driver line ups.

And for the HPD NSX GTD program, he'll still need at least one pro-am/gentleman/semi-pro driver to suit the rules of the class requiring a pro-am driver line up. That's unless HPD have a IMSA or ACO/FIA silver rated driver of their own that they want in the car.

That all being said, GT cars tend to be kinder to gentleman drivers than prototypes are. As seen even in LMP3 and LMPC, let alone LMP2 or higher, prototypes don't suffer fools gladly.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3658038)   #75
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mazda is way quicker, the next BoP will be hard on them....