Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:16 (Ref:4042005)   #226
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I enjoyed that a lot. Wish I'd been there.
Your spirt animal got screwed but I wish I was getting ready to watch something burn right now...
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:17 (Ref:4042006)   #227
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
From a Corvette fan, it's not that great, but it was a crazy finish

Good for those Canadian Porkers!
I really like Corvette's chances at Le Mans this year though.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:18 (Ref:4042007)   #228
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Congrats
Not that way. De Phillipe (just like Spenger at Daytona) was busch league.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:21 (Ref:4042008)   #229
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Yes it was. Great day for Porsche!! Weathertech win so well deserverd and very appropriate. Contrast to the start of the Daytona 24.

First Spenger, now De Philippe, The #25 BMW has taken on the role of the villain fo the Weathertech series. Weathetech of course are the heroes. And the good guys won in the end like a good story.

Should have been 1-2-3 for Porsche in GTD. I guess Katherine Legge an off near the end.
This isn't wrestling, there's no villain. Do you mean the worst drivers on the track and not able to drive without hitting people and crying? If that's what you meant than fair enough. But personally they need to booted and tell BMW take you crying and go GT3 racing elsewhere cause your garbage isn't needed here thanks. Every damn race they hit another car, block or otherwise maybe a general ass of themselves and then cry if anyone even looks cross-eyed at them. Go the f on and quit, don't make it seem like we're privileged by your presence. I'd rather have all GTD than douchebags in the cars.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:24 (Ref:4042009)   #230
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
This isn't wrestling, there's no villain. Do you mean the worst drivers on the track and not able to drive without hitting people and crying? If that's what you meant than fair enough. But personally they need to booted and tell BMW take you crying and go GT3 racing elsewhere cause your garbage isn't needed here thanks. Every damn race they hit another car, block or otherwise maybe a general ass of themselves and then cry if anyone even looks cross-eyed at them. Go the f on and quit, don't make it seem like we're privileged by your presence. I'd rather have all GTD than douchebags in the cars.
I like wrestling. Should have see the bloody women's match in AEW earlier in the week. GTLM had the racing version of that. Dangerous for the participants on both fronts admittadly.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:24 (Ref:4042010)   #231
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Core and Colin Braun in LMP3 ... i have always liked that team and driver. I like Ryan Dalziel but I have no issue with Pr1 and the Keating team taking LMP2. BMW didn't deserve to have two cars finish ... the 25 should have gotten a long penalty (but I realize I am biased.

Good on Le Canadiens, and I have always like Patrick Long. Too bad about the Ladies but fifth is not bad after 12 hours around Sebring.

As for DPi .... just nuts. Crazy in every good way. I never expected to see the #5 even podium, or the #48 after all they went through .... Fourth for Shank Racing is great. Glad to see them back in the top class. I don't know what happened to Rossi .... he has the moves, I guess he didn't have the car.

Mazda not only didn't ignite, the car ran well all race. Just no way to keep up with a big V8 with only a two-liter (and still keep the engine alive.)

Top five cars less than six seconds apart. Less than 8 seconds between first and second in GTD, P2, and P3 combined. GTLM was the only drag ..... and the little guys beat the factories so not too bad.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:32 (Ref:4042011)   #232
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I really like Corvette's chances at Le Mans this year though.
Today was today and lots of me would rather have Sebring over LM. Call me crazy, cause I am.

Win some. Lose some.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:33 (Ref:4042012)   #233
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was trying to get the incar for 88 when I heard that Legge spun Lally (good friends/co-drivers) and took a drive-thru.

Since it was inside 4 laps from the end, what if she didn't take it (like somebody else asked}?

Note to IMSA: Do I have to watch a slow Haggerty commercial EVERY TIME I switch views??? How about every 1/2 hour? Even ALMS broadcasts only said "European style multi-class racing" 6 times an hour.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:48 (Ref:4042014)   #234
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
I was trying to get the incar for 88 when I heard that Legge spun Lally (good friends/co-drivers) and took a drive-thru.

Since it was inside 4 laps from the end, what if she didn't take it (like somebody else asked}?

Note to IMSA: Do I have to watch a slow Haggerty commercial EVERY TIME I switch views??? How about every 1/2 hour? Even ALMS broadcasts only said "European style multi-class racing" 6 times an hour.
Tired of seeing that girl zip up the driving suit in that commercial..he he. I did not see it as much late because I kept it on the #25 BMW.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:51 (Ref:4042015)   #235
WyldStallion
Veteran

Bet we get the revised 2021 sked on Monday. I bet GTLM goes to Detroit and gets taken off of Road America since that is 3 weeks before Le Mans. I guess we find out the new CTMP replacement too. I think it should be Watkins Glen on the short course. They could run the 6 hour and the 2 hour 40 race within 6 days of each other that way. Reminder that race wil not have LMP2 and it is GTD sprint cup only. If those predictions hold true, then only the 4 NAEC races will actually have all 5 classes in the races this year.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 02:59 (Ref:4042017)   #236
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Tired of seeing that girl zip up the driving suit in that commercial..he he. I did not see it as much late because I kept it on the #25 BMW.
A good way to get a close up of the other cars.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 03:31 (Ref:4042019)   #237
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is CTMP (Mosport) cancelled? JUST damn. Why?

Move it to Road Atlanta. I REALLY liked 22 Hrs (WTC+MPC) of IMSA pro racing in 6 weeks last fall...
Old 21 Mar 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4042069)   #238
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm in the big city. It takes longer to travel to the sticks.
Zing!! Missed this last night!!
Quote:
Who does de Phillippi think he's flashing the lights at?
https://twitter.com/TommyMilner/stat...933419520?s=19
Old 21 Mar 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4042111)   #239
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Oh look, the Beemer taking someone out. How unusual.
Beemers are the bikes; bimmers are the cars.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw%...ient=firefox-b

jimclark
Old 22 Mar 2021, 00:49 (Ref:4042147)   #240
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/p...h-last-in-dpi/Morons...they clearly did not trust JJ enough. How can pros make such a dumb decision.
Quote:
Johnson...I feel bad for him. There clearly was not enough faith being put in him. I thought he was going to have more seat time early on and that did not happen. I knew something was up. And now we can see it exposed fully.
JJ's best (21st) was 1.6 secs. slower than his teammates (4th & 5th) : http://imsa.alkamelsystems.com/Resul...river_Race.PDF

jimclark
Old 22 Mar 2021, 02:45 (Ref:4042150)   #241
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Jimmie Johnson isn't yet a fast or reliable driver in a high downforce car. He’s also the guy that’s more likely to make a mistake. And it’s obvious that his team knows this. Still there’s no excuse for the drive-time violation…

What’s interesting to me in the best fast lap times is that Cooper MacNeil wasn’t the slowest driver in GTLM (!). Something was obviously wrong with the #4 Corvette all day…
Old 22 Mar 2021, 03:29 (Ref:4042152)   #242
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Beemers are the bikes; bimmers are the cars.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw%...ient=firefox-b

Although one article says “Every true BMW fan should know the roots behind the three monikers with which the Bavarian brand is informally entitled.”. So it’s fine I don’t know.
Old 22 Mar 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4042224)   #243
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any idea someone Why the United autosports LMP2 has been relegated to last in the field after the race?
What was the offense here? I missed that.
Old 22 Mar 2021, 22:08 (Ref:4042313)   #244
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
Any idea someone Why the United autosports LMP2 has been relegated to last in the field after the race?
What was the offense here? I missed that.
Car non-compliant.

http://imsa.alkamelsystems.com/Resul...0TP2021-06.pdf
Old 22 Mar 2021, 23:31 (Ref:4042336)   #245
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yet another one to get caught out
Old 24 Mar 2021, 17:44 (Ref:4042751)   #246
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This article from Racer about how JDC won the race is pretty amazing.

https://racer.com/2021/03/23/insight...et-at-sebring/

It was such a rough race on the car, they were hit multiple times, and had to change the nose 4 times! the steering wheel wasn't pointed straight anymore after one of the contacts bent the suspension, and then the wing broke at the end! It made handling and braking worse, but increased their top speed!
Old 24 Mar 2021, 23:18 (Ref:4042833)   #247
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it’s a great story. Shows that in endurance racing, especially 12 hour races you can bounce back from nearly anything.
Old 25 Mar 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4042947)   #248
WyldStallion
Veteran

Listen to Graham Goodwin's thoughts about the 12 hours of sebring between roughly the 10 minute - 13 minute mark in the TWISC podcast that came out. Great thoughts from him. 100% agree. Especially on the safety car/restart procedures. Its just a mess right now the way IMSA is doing things. I would not put it at the level of how bad SRO does things yet, but its getting there.

Again I say they need to do code 60 for debris and stalled car instances and when there is safety cars for crashes or bad weather to restart the grid the way they did in prior in 2017 and prior which the first class leader in line taking it. Letting the field be mixed together.

Restarting class by class DOES NOT ensure any less crashes as seen with the Alegra/Grasser incident.
Old 25 Mar 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4042974)   #249
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Listen to Graham Goodwin's thoughts about the 12 hours of sebring between roughly the 10 minute - 13 minute mark in the TWISC podcast that came out. Great thoughts from him. 100% agree. Especially on the safety car/restart procedures. Its just a mess right now the way IMSA is doing things. I would not put it at the level of how bad SRO does things yet, but its getting there.

Again I say they need to do code 60 for debris and stalled car instances and when there is safety cars for crashes or bad weather to restart the grid the way they did in prior in 2017 and prior which the first class leader in line taking it. Letting the field be mixed together.

Restarting class by class DOES NOT ensure any less crashes as seen with the Alegra/Grasser incident.
I agree with all of this. And would of course add that restarting class by class can only work if you have decent speed differences between the classes, and line them up in the correct order. IMSA does not have this, and does not line them up right. So even if it did work, it's being poorly executed.

As you say, it isn't SRO levels of mess. But it's getting messier.