Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4091896)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
F2 off season news & rumours for '22

So far I think we only have Logan Sargeant confirmed with HWA as part of his Williams deal?

Who do we know that are definitely returning and who will be stepping up looking to emulate Piastri's superb season?
Old 31 Dec 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4091918)   #2
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
So far I think we only have Logan Sargeant confirmed with HWA as part of his Williams deal?

Who do we know that are definitely returning and who will be stepping up looking to emulate Piastri's superb season?
HWA are gone, replaced by Van Amersfoort.
Sargeant is at Carlin I believe?

As for whocould emulate Piastri, it's difficult to think anyone other than Hauger could be good enough to win the title as a rookie in 2022.
Old 31 Dec 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4091940)   #3
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drugovich and Novalak at MP

Doohan and Sato at UNI-Virtuosi

Nissany at DAMS

Boschung at Campos

All confirmed already.

I suspect Pourchaire will return for ART, Hauger for Prema but most of the rest of the seats are up for grabs.

I don’t know why, but I find it interesting when someone steps up out of the junior formula without the stellar results. Both Iwasa and Nattori were testing which suggests Honda might be pushing them towards F2, but given previous results and experience they would fall into the “surprising” category.
Old 2 Jan 2022, 22:45 (Ref:4092248)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
HWA are gone, replaced by Van Amersfoort.
Sargeant is at Carlin I believe?

As for whocould emulate Piastri, it's difficult to think anyone other than Hauger could be good enough to win the title as a rookie in 2022.
Thanks for the updates Hawkwood, I missed all of that.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 20:22 (Ref:4093485)   #5
el_cat
Racer

Cem Bolukbasi signs for Charouz

Calen Williams for Trident

Neither have had standout results in the junior formulae, but Bolukbasi will be interesting to see in terms of how esports success translates to the real circuit
Old 18 Jan 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4094214)   #6
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Hughes at VAR - presumably lubricated by HWA.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 23:10 (Ref:4094480)   #7
el_cat
Racer

Armstrong to Hitech
Old 20 Jan 2022, 12:01 (Ref:4094558)   #8
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Cordeel (who?) for VAR

... will graduate from FIA F3 after just one season in the series ... which yielded a best result a best result of 11th place

Hmmm...

https://www.autosport.com/formula2/n...-2022/7443127/
Old 20 Jan 2022, 20:46 (Ref:4094640)   #9
el_cat
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Cordeel (who?) for VAR

... will graduate from FIA F3 after just one season in the series ... which yielded a best result a best result of 11th place

Hmmm...

https://www.autosport.com/formula2/n...-2022/7443127/
That’s a spectacularly mediocre junior career. I’d suspect him and Bolukbasi will be scrapping around and about the back row
Old 23 Jan 2022, 06:47 (Ref:4094974)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_cat View Post
That’s a spectacularly mediocre junior career. I’d suspect him and Bolukbasi will be scrapping around and about the back row
Hopefully not getting in their own or anyone elses way!
Old 23 Jan 2022, 07:03 (Ref:4094975)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I’m not so sure Bolukbasi will be so bad at all.
Old 23 Jan 2022, 20:59 (Ref:4095039)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
But I'm braced for all kinds of gags based on the speling of his surname if he is!
Old 23 Jan 2022, 23:24 (Ref:4095070)   #13
el_cat
Racer

Quote:
I’m just basing my forecast on his Euroformula results being little better than Samaia sort of level, on what on the face of it was a weaker field.

He’s hardly setting the world alight in FRegional Asia at the moment - mired in the midfield about 1s off the ultimate pace of drivers at an F3/F4 level.

It’s a great story how he has got to F2, but I’m not convinced it’s anything other than “too much, too soon”
Old 24 Jan 2022, 07:45 (Ref:4095130)   #14
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
I’m just basing my forecast on his Euroformula results being little better than Samaia sort of level, on what on the face of it was a weaker field.

He’s hardly setting the world alight in FRegional Asia at the moment - mired in the midfield about 1s off the ultimate pace of drivers at an F3/F4 level.

It’s a great story how he has got to F2, but I’m not convinced it’s anything other than “too much, too soon”
You might be right. I’m not saying he’ll be winning just not sure whether he’ll be at the back or able to raise his game. After all Samaia had years and years of experience before he did EF, Bolukbasi didn’t.
Old 24 Jan 2022, 10:41 (Ref:4095150)   #15
el_cat
Racer

I’ll certainly be watching Bolukbasi’s progress with interest. It could turn out that he’s someone who suits more powerful machinery. I think Tsunoda was a good example of this - his F2 performances were way beyond what he delivered in F3 so (amongst other factors) it may be that some drivers style suits different formulae.

Anyways, another potential F2 candidate has fallen by the wayside - Teppei Nattori was clearly pitching for an F2 ride, but a “difference of opinion” with his management company sees him sitting out 2022. He tested for Trident at Yas Marina so that will be their seat up for grabs
Old 24 Jan 2022, 11:41 (Ref:4095155)   #16
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
I’ll certainly be watching Bolukbasi’s progress with interest.
I see he hardly had a stellar weekend in FR Asia, though I note he is driving for one of the lesser local teams that might well be shown up now more of the European powerhouses are getting involved.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 20:44 (Ref:4100294)   #17
peebee2
Veteran

Be interesting if the Mazepin issues have much effect on the Hitech team, be it in F2 or any of their other teams or contracts.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 09:17 (Ref:4100330)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Be interesting if the Mazepin issues have much effect on the Hitech team, be it in F2 or any of their other teams or contracts.
Indeed! If it does should we assume they will fold or would Red Bull or whoever step in and fill the breach?

Last edited by chunterer; 26 Feb 2022 at 11:58.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 10:10 (Ref:4100342)   #19
peebee2
Veteran

You have to wonder how the likes of Red Bull is going to feel about placing drivers at a team considering the ownership.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 12:10 (Ref:4100370)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

The quick way out has to be for them to buy the team out, or try and get a late entry for a replaceement team?
Closed Thread