Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Jan 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2106189)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hehe, even Hazza bites, lol!

You also have to rememebr that Tamada won on a Pramac bike, OK he was on Bridgeys but still a feat, dont think Troy ever got on with the Honda to be honest.
Think really that guys like Troy, Barros, Max, Nakano, and many others are decent riders but havent quite got that little edge of on the limit riding that a Rossi or Pedrosa or Stoner have. I include Loris in that second list coz in my opinion on the right bike he could have won a 500 or GP title. Maybe even Hopkins aswell as I think with the right bike he could have won races now, he is consistent and regualrly the best of the rest.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2106697)   #27
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Calm down chunder!

Look at it from the Australian point of view. You live in a barren land, mingling with spiders and snakes and your country is a million years behind the rest of civilisation. You live in a Welsh desert in effect.
Even with all that we still can't stop you bloody poms from wanting to come here!
Old 15 Jan 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2106774)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please don't tar us all with that brush!
Old 15 Jan 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2106778)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well your contry isnt infested with Eastern Europeans thast why!!
Old 16 Jan 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2107187)   #30
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arh the Australian quandary...

Hardly unbiased am I?

In the Eighties I went to Bathurst and watched Gardner, Philis, Cambell and Johnson. I have consistently ridden sports bikes for 20 years. In a avenue of motorsport where you don't need to be either - the absolute best - the richest - or the biggest rain marker - you just need talent to progress, bike racing, in particular in Australia, has taken root.

To do good at short road tracks you need dirt experince. To do good on the world stage you need a role model.

Casey has had this, he got their on his own steam (an the undying support of his family) but he knew it could be done, thanks to Wayne, Darryl, Kevin, Mick, Anthony, Troy(s) etc...

That in a nut shell is the leg up.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2107196)   #31
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arh the Australian quandary...

Hardly unbiased am I?

In the Eighties I went to Bathurst and watched Gardner, Philis, Cambell and Johnson. I have consistently ridden sports bikes for 20 years. In a avenue of motorsport where you don't need to be either - the absolute best - the richest - or the biggest rain marker - you just need talent to progress, bike racing, in particular in Australia, has taken root.

To do good at short road tracks you need dirt experince. To do good on the world stage you need a role model.

Casey has had this, he got their on his own steam (an the undying support of his family) but he knew it could be done, thanks to Wayne, Darryl, Kevin, Mick, Anthony, Troy(s) etc...

That in a nut shell is the leg up.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2108426)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In fairness, Aussie Hazza has a wonderful avatar.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 21:40 (Ref:2109057)   #33
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His dad is Aussie. So we can still claim him right?

Just kidding.

I liked his old helmet design best.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2109140)   #34
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is that Colin the Texas fart wind ?? :S

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jan 2008, 00:04 (Ref:2109141)   #35
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth

only joking

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jan 2008, 06:18 (Ref:2109219)   #36
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
Haha you know it is!
Old 22 Jan 2008, 09:45 (Ref:2111111)   #37
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
It's a shame they can only do it with the best bike out there or with a power/torque advantage

Seriously though, 2008 could be a hell of a year for you guys!
We must be good then that they keep puting us on the best bikes
Old 22 Jan 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2111511)   #38
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
And this is why this thread is still going!

You do love to tell us all how great you are!
Old 23 Jan 2008, 07:10 (Ref:2111757)   #39
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Like someone mention before. We don't have much else to get excited about in International Motor Racing
Old 23 Jan 2008, 08:51 (Ref:2111793)   #40
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Fair point, spose no country can be good at everything!

But, its annoying to be honest when one teeny population are so good at so many things!! Cricket, Rugby, bike racing, swimming. Hence the over the top celebrations when your former bosses actually beat you at something!!
Old 23 Jan 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2111812)   #41
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Fair point, spose no country can be good at everything!

But, its annoying to be honest when one teeny population are so good at so many things!! Cricket, Rugby, bike racing, swimming. Hence the over the top celebrations when your former bosses actually beat you at something!!

I know this is off topic by while we're whinging/celebrating/boasting. It would be nice for a few more f1 wins