Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Aug 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2515503)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2010 Moto GP Silly Season

Ok, so who's going where, who's leaving, and who's coming in? I'm not real good with who's signed and who's not signed, but I'll do my best to get us started. Lots to chew on this year.

Obviously the big buzz centers around Lorenzo and Pedrosa. Is a seat swap in the mix here? I know that this has been rumored, but nothing more.

Ducati have an option on Hayden, but will they take it? Would anyone else even want that seat!

What about Suzuki? Please tell me they are going to find some new blood...

We know that Simoncelli has signed for Gresini, so that leaves one seat undecided there. So if you're Gresini, do you keep Elias or de Angelis? Melandri? Have to say, Simoncelli and Melandri would be a good pairing. But I'm guessing Simoncelli will get a factory spec bike and Melandri would want one also. So maybe it's not feasible.

Speaking of Melandri, Hiyate are not continuing correct?

Ben Spies still hasn't announced where he's going to be yet. Most expect WSBK, but could he be headed back to Suzuki or maybe Tech 3?

Speaking of Tech 3, do they have any riders confirmed for next year?

Also, we have a new privateer Ducati coming next year with no rider announced yet.

What about any of the other 250 riders moving up?

And maybe most importantly, will we have 18 bikes on the grid?

Help fill in the gaps where you can! Thanks!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2515678)   #2
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nobody wants that Ducati ride. Suzuki will probably quit motogp, their sales are down 71% worldwide, I'm told. It's gotten terribly expensive to run one of these machines, and the money just isn't there.

Art
Old 5 Aug 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2515999)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto 2 supposebly has 41 entries - think a few riders might drop back to that class, guess it will be filled with Spanish & Italian riders...

I do believe Hayate are gone...
De Angelis should be kept over Elias but he will probably get the boot too. Think Aspar has a Ducati for Bautista?
Old 5 Aug 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2516019)   #4
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the thread name has mistake, 2010 not 2009

http://www.motorsport-total.com/moto..._09080402.html
Kallio will stay with ducati , Capirossi stays at suzuki , Elias tries to get suzuki ride.

So far we have :

Yamaha: Rossi , ? Lorenzo ?
Ducati: Stoner, ? Hayden ?
Honda: Dovizioso , ? Pedrosa ?
Suzuki: Capirossi , ?............?
Tech1: ?Edwards? , ?...........?
Gresini: Simoncelli, Melandri
Pramac: Kallio , ?..............?
LCR: De Puniet
Aspar: Bautista
Old 5 Aug 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2516020)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont actually think Alex has done enough this year to warrant his place.

They ahve both been okay but as usual Elias has started going better since the rumoursabout his place started, if only he could be this decent all the time, last three GP's he has been there.

Dount Hayate will be there and as for Suzuki well they might quit I suppose, but if they do they are not relaly represented anywhere else and Schwantz has been hanging round a lot recently!

If Bautista gets on a Duke I will be amazed!! He would be a fool sitting on that
Old 5 Aug 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2516034)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aspar joining would be good news - with Hayate and Hernando gone, and Scot forced to survive on a rookie pay-rider, we're looking a bit short of riders.

Lorenzo would be best to stay at Yamaha - give it a couple of years, learn from Rossi and beat him where possible, and be sure it inherit the team (including Burgess) when Vale does move on. Pay isn't everything. Even after Donington, I'd think Honda would be keener to keep Pedrosa than Dovi if Lorenzo were to join - and he's more likely to accept being farmed out to Scot or onto a second LCR bike.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2516046)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No way will Pedrosa & Lorenzo be team-mates at Repsol Honda...
Old 5 Aug 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2516076)   #8
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
http://moto.gpupdate.net/en/news/200...-tech-3-talks/
De Puniet confirms Tech 3 talks , but LCR still a possibility.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2516085)   #9
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were rumours a few months ago that Honda was to set up a single rider satellite team with factory equipment for Lorenzo, backed by Telefonica Movistar money. This seems to have gone quiet now. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Boots, I'm pretty sure that when Rossi retires, Burgess will also call it a day.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2516143)   #10
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Toseland gonna stay?? is he good enough to compete next yr??
Old 5 Aug 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2516160)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toseland is a good also ran, but he should try and grab a competitive WSBK seat in my opinion. When you're in a team and getting beat by a guy that has never won a GP race, then it's time to go back to what you know. He's a top superbike rider and could be champion again in that class.

I read yesterday that Lorenzo is looking very likely to stay at Yamaha. Makes sense really. Even though he's on the same team as Rossi, it is clearly the best bike. The Honda has improved, but it's not as good as the M1.

Last edited by jhansen; 5 Aug 2009 at 20:03.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2516310)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I doubt that even if Toseland was beating Edwards that he would be staying, the only thing in his favour is that he would no doubt be very cheap, cheaper than say an American currently in WSBK!!

But other than that I cant see him staying, would hope Edwards would go aswell but he seems to have found consistency at last, but then again he has still not won a race despite being on the ebst bikes for many years.

As always I imagine the best riders are elsewhere for many GP seats, that is why often the gaps are so huge between the leaders and also rans. I thought Dovizioso would be closer but he isnt, Dani is proving to be every bit a match.

Suzuki need to clear out completely, but who on earth would you put on one!! I think Alvaro and Kallio wouold be good and maye Hopper again?

Ducati will be picking up scraps coz noone wants to rier a bike that ends careers.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2517202)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Suzuki should throw some $$$ Spies way & bring in Bautista with a spanish sponsor to help pay the way - sticking with either or both of Vermeulen & Capirossi is a waste, unless they run a 3rd bike for Capirex....

Kallio on the 2nd Ducati would be worth a shot - he has been OK for a 1st year rider on the career ending bike...

Think Pedrosa & Dovi will stay on Repsol, be good if there where 3 Repsol bikes too.

Think its time for Edwards, Vermeulen, Elias, Hayden, Toseland, Capirossi to maybe go, but who do you replace these riders with - Spies is the only one in Superbike who is worthy...

Guess in the end we will probably see more of the same & it will probably be boring in 2010 - hopefully Moto2 is exciting & talent is discovered there for 2011....
Old 7 Aug 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2517211)   #14
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Think its time for Edwards, Vermeulen, Elias, Hayden, Toseland, Capirossi to maybe go, but who do you replace these riders with - Spies is the only one in Superbike who is worthy...
Agree with the above. And Edwards, Verm, Hayden and Toseland would all go better in WSBK I reckon. None of them are ever going to set MotoGP on fire.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2517353)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Erm

Hayden is a former World Champion, as are Vermin, Toseland and Edwards!

Give for for goodness sake!!
Old 7 Aug 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2517612)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
So should that gaurentee them a ride for years on end with sub-standard results? It was mentioned that there was probably a lack of talent to replace these riders aswell...
Old 8 Aug 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2517741)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well there is a lack of talent yes, and that isa problem when you are trying to sell bikes off of competing.

I cant imagine Toseland is oging to sell many Yamaha's, yet ould ahve easily sold Honda's as did Foggy, Edwards, guys like Haga and Harada in their days winning.

People associate with winners sadly enough and these guys don't win anything.

I don't know the answer, for me there is little talent in 250, some in 125 but not a lot anywhere else.

Crutchlow, Laverty and Lascorz look good in WSS as does Spies and Haslam and you might say Fabrizio in WSBK. THese are all youngish guys, but other than Spies are not world beaters?

Nothing in the US or OZ that I know about so waddya do?

It's pointless to replace like for like!
Old 8 Aug 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2517755)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Its a hard one Chunder - starting to think that these Moto GP bikes are damn hard to ride even with all these electronics... 500's were supposebly hard to master, but i remember around 99/01 that atleast the qualifying times where very competitive ala the Abe d'Antin Yamaha days - pity the 500's where kicked to the kerb!
Old 13 Aug 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2520833)   #19
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
The rumor mill is in full swing with Bautista headed for Suzuki and Barbera taking the Aspar Ducati seat. Superbikeplanet finds it unlikely that Toseland will continue with Spies and Hayden being possibilities for that seat.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2520919)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think Nicky will stay for another year unless he is desperate to get away from Ducati, it might be sensible to stay for ait of Stoner is going to be out for a while, the bike then might be developed as he wants it more.

Remember this happening with the NSR when Gardner was not winning, Doohan got them to buuld a bie for him and look what happened!! OK he was good already obviously!

Barbera is fine for Aspar, got cash and will get nowhere, basically a carbon copy of De Puniet

Bautista to Suzuki is a great idea

So then Spies and Edwards on Tech-3 will the sponsors like two Yanks, damn right with Monster on board!!
Old 13 Aug 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2520972)   #21
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think Nicky will stay for another year unless he is desperate to get away from Ducat
That depends on how Kallio will do on Stoner's bike in these 3 races. If he does well, maybe he'll take Haydens seat next year...

And if Bautista goes to Suzuki... does that mean Vermeulen goes back to SBK? Or Capirossi out ?
Please, Suzuki team manager, make the right choice. Send Chris away..
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2521241)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Hang on, Bautista cant go to Suzuki unless its a Satellite team - this "rookie" non factory ride thing is a bit testy...
Old 14 Aug 2009, 11:03 (Ref:2521292)   #23
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzuki are excluded form the rookie rule as they don't have any satelite teams, it was on motogp.com a while back. I imagine the other teams might oppose that if there was any chance Suzuki might actually win something.....

At least if they're signing people it would suggest they're staying for next season.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2521309)   #24
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
http://www.motorsport-total.com/moto..._09081405.html

Honda extend deals with Pedrosa and Dovizioso untill 2011.
But they can give factory bike to Lorenzo in satellite team. Lorenzo also in talks with suzuki...
Old 14 Aug 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2521329)   #25
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
That depends on how Kallio will do on Stoner's bike in these 3 races. If he does well, maybe he'll take Haydens seat next year...
Or worse comes to worst and Casey's illness doesnt go away NH and MK may be teamates longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
Please, Suzuki team manager, make the right choice. Send Chris away..
thats not the right choice