Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Aug 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2521802)   #26
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Melandri & Simoncelli confirmed at Gresini for 2010...

Heard a rumour that Bautista could be signed up by Monday to ride for Suzuki
Old 15 Aug 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2521840)   #27
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Melandri & Simoncelli confirmed at Gresini for 2010...
Melandri back to Gresini, probably the best move so far. That's where he belongs, on a Honda.

But what will happend now with Kawa?
Old 16 Aug 2009, 08:30 (Ref:2522204)   #28
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what kawa?

if someone needs a push out of MotoGP .. that one is Toseland

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Aug 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2522239)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kawasaki have long confirmed they will take no part in GP

I agree about Toseland, GP is just making him loko like what he is... a superbike rider
Old 17 Aug 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2523077)   #30
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what I gleaned from listening to various commentaries over the weekend is that De Angelis may well drop back to Moto2, perhaps with Gresini. That will probably also be the fate of Nicola Canepa, although as someone said hes a big lad for one of those bikes. That leaves 1 maybe 2 seats free on the Customer Ducatis, would Elias ride one again? or De Puniet?. Also Vermeulen has offered himself to Tech3 for free, so him and Spies might be likely for that. Leaves the Scot Honda(s?), you would have to say their present 250 riders got to be a shoe-in, maybe with Gabor staying? Also the LCR Honda - will they stick with RdeP? Edwards? Vermeulen?

I just wish Honda would make ten bikes available rather than 8, and maybe another Yamaha satellite team.

Any idea whats going to happen to the core of the Hayate team? They look like they could do a good job with someones bike, surely Dorna have taken notice of that? I mean Marco had had very few relaibility or team issues all year, and has flourished because of it.

Also how many riders does Dorna subsidise? Apparently Toseland is at Tech3, any others? Elias?
Old 17 Aug 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2523078)   #31
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and Barberas on the Aspar Ducati - personally I would have thought they would have approached Sete or Elias for their first season, even if Hectors a better long term prospect.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2523140)   #32
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Melandri was funded into the Hayate team this year and also I belieev Toseland yes, wouldnt be surprised at De Puniet either

I dont think Colin is going anywhere next year, and as for Barbera, wekll I thin he is a damn site better bet than Sete and a match for Elias, and also apparently, he is minted!

No brainer really and would anyone decent really want that ride!
Old 17 Aug 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2523350)   #33
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Capirossi confirmed at Suzuki? They gotta make a big play for Spies...
Old 18 Aug 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2523612)   #34
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Yeah they gave Capi a one year extension. Did you see no Pasini at satellite Ducati for the rest of the year as expected? Wonder why? Maybe Pasinis arm isnt up to it? Who will get that ride now for the next two races?
Old 18 Aug 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2523870)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Fabrizio is in half decent contentio for a top three in WSBK and Pasini hs never ridden a GP bike before!!

As for Spies, I dount somewhat he will ride a Suzuki again with the current setup, maybe in a team with Schwantz at the helm or something? Perhaps Yosh could be persuaded to drop AMA and do the4 GP team insead, Spies and Hopper!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2525016)   #36
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its Done: Lorenzo signs with Ducati - Probably

If this is true then the silly season may just have got a whole lot sillier.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2525053)   #37
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
Its Done: Lorenzo signs with Ducati - Probably

If this is true then the silly season may just have got a whole lot sillier.
Im not sure if I can take a whole artical on face value - I dont believe this Ducati/Stoner falling out garbage for a second as it is totally out of the blue and the rumors would of started alot sooner than a couple of weeks ago! Some may say 'oh they could be putting on a show for the sponsors' BUT if that was true you would see underlining tension...We havent seen ANY

I do fear however that Casey's illness is alot worse than we are lead to believe as it would explain why again out of the blue they are chasing and signing up Lorenzo when nothing but glowing praise is ever spoken out of Ducati for both riders UNLESS Hayden is agreeing to a swap (and neither party has indicated they are unhappy with each other)
Old 20 Aug 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2525099)   #38
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barbera confirmed with Aspar Ducati. Good luck with that.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2525171)   #39
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Agreed with Oz about this Lorenzo thing

Ducati would not show any interest is Casey was coming back, they ahve their champion!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2525197)   #40
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I doubt if Lorenzo will go to Ducati, because if he does it could be his downfall as has been the case with others not showing on the "one rider" bike.
Yes undoubtedly he is good but is he that good ? OK if he is offered silly money then he may well jump ship, but whoever takes his place may well embarrass him.
Personally I think he is just sandbagging to hike his salary. Or does he think (like his team mate) that he is that good he can win on anything.? We will see !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Aug 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2525374)   #41
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he is yet to win(MotoGP championship) .. let alone win on anything ..

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Aug 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2525376)   #42
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This could turn out pretty good for Hayden as well. If Lorenzo joins Stoner at Ducati, I wouldn't be surprised if Hayden rejoins with Rossi. I think the Yamaha would suit Nicky.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2526146)   #43
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was announced the Vermeulen is out at Suzuki. I think that's a good thing. He just was never quite there except for a few race weekends. I hope he goes to World Superbike with Ten Kate, where I think he can win. So does this mean Capirossi will be back again?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2526326)   #44
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Supposebly, dont understand why they would keep him though - as good as he has been, he seems to be hanging around like a Barros or Checa these days...
Old 23 Aug 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2526456)   #45
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
It was announced the Vermeulen is out at Suzuki. I think that's a good thing. He just was never quite there except for a few race weekends. I hope he goes to World Superbike with Ten Kate, where I think he can win. So does this mean Capirossi will be back again?
I think they already announced a one year extension for Capirossi. That will take him to 300 GP's.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 04:03 (Ref:2527053)   #46
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24 View Post
This could turn out pretty good for Hayden as well. If Lorenzo joins Stoner at Ducati, I wouldn't be surprised if Hayden rejoins with Rossi. I think the Yamaha would suit Nicky.
That's if he is replacing Nicky - I gotta bad feeling about this

Its all gone quite since last weeks flurry of speculation and innuendo and Lorenzo is suppose to 'reveal all' this week

why do I feel like its the calm before the storm?
Old 24 Aug 2009, 15:52 (Ref:2527357)   #47
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the same bad felling. I think we're in for a big surprise
Old 25 Aug 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2527825)   #48
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lorenzo extends Yamaha contract
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77978
Old 25 Aug 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2527957)   #49
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Now it will get interesting.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2529422)   #50
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Capirossi confirmed at Suzuki.