Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:39 (Ref:3769081)   #51
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I thought it didn't get cold at Daytona, Yankee?
It was "cold" for the natives.

It actually kinda sucked because of the rain, but the actual temps didn't really bother me.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3769085)   #52
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
It wasn't money. I know it seems like a euphemism for money, but the truth is it wasn't money.

Continental said they could have given more money, and Imsa chose a different direction.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3769086)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It was "cold" for the natives.

It actually kinda sucked because of the rain, but the actual temps didn't really bother me.
And for tires, too.

Cold, wet and wind can be handled individually - mix any two and I don't like!
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3769088)   #54
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
It wasn't money. I know it seems like a euphemism for money, but the truth is it wasn't money.

Continental said they could have given more money, and Imsa chose a different direction.
Sure, cause Continental knows how much money Michelin is pumping into the series...

It's just another business decision, I see nothing wrong with that. At least the blue & yellow/white stickers put on cars will look better than the pale orange ones.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3769090)   #55
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
No but Imsa knows what continental was paying, wanted to pay, and what Michelin will pay.

The decision was not based on money, because we would be reading different headlines if it was.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3769091)   #56
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Funny logic but whatever.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3769102)   #57
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Bibendum is cool, but not nearly as attractive as the Conti Tires girls.
This is the most important aspect of the entire switch--I cannot believe it took this long to bring it up.

We need to petition the series to demand "Michelin Maidens" or something.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3769104)   #58
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
This is the most important aspect of the entire switch--I cannot believe it took this long to bring it up.

We need to petition the series to demand "Michelin Maidens" or something.
Ha! Or just bring back the old Bib....

This is in the wall in my living room.

Old 21 Sep 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3769105)   #59
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 16:05 (Ref:3769107)   #60
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Just get a buncha bibs.

It would be hilarious.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3769113)   #61
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something that was brought up on Motorsport.com was that Conti was pretty flexible with CSTCC teams selling off lightly used tires online. This was a great way to pick up cheap / decent track tires for HPDE events. It'll be bummer if this comes to an end.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3769148)   #62
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whoops, I accidentally posted these... again.

Old 22 Sep 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3769257)   #63
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I am worried about tire prices going up in 2019 for the race teams. I hope IMSA is aware of this.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3769364)   #64
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
You hope Imsa is aware of your concern?

Or you hope they have simply looked up what Europe teams are currently paying for tires? It's not exactly hard to determine...
Old 23 Sep 2017, 00:37 (Ref:3769370)   #65
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michelin has been working on/towards the 'deal' since the merger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_-7o7Txvd0

L.P.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 02:03 (Ref:3769372)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if Conti knew that Michelin had been planning this for 40 months!

And I love Marshall Pruett interviews. He asked if he could just wear a white T-shirt to audition for Bib. Lol.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 02:47 (Ref:3769375)   #67
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm sure they had to have an inkling.

L.P.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 12:42 (Ref:3769417)   #68
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

And I love Marshall Pruett interviews. He asked if he could just wear a white T-shirt to audition for Bib. Lol.
MP is a svelte, suave and athletic kind of guy
Old 4 Oct 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3771834)   #69
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
S365 has a a very interesting interview with Scott Atherton on the decision to switch to Michelin in 2019.

Quote:
Atherton admitted its deal with Michelin doesn’t exclude IMSA from opening up other classes to tire competition in the future, although it’s not in the plan for the short-term.

“It’s not something we are prepared to embrace now,” he said. “But I would say the potential for it to evolve is there [in the current contract].

“There’s nothing that would prevent it but right now that’s not the vision.”

Should it happen, Atherton said he would see the Prototype class, which could see a convergence with new-generation ACO LMP1 regulations in 2020, being the most likely possibility.
The full story is available here.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3771835)   #70
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Also a very interesting INC. interview with Atherton on IMSA’s success is available here.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3772093)   #71
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We didn't Nascar-ize sports-car racing. Instead, we helped the series thrive by giving it sustainability and access to resources it had never had.
I admit it's true.

Quote:
IMSA has enjoyed a resurgence in viewers

Under its TV deal with Fox Sports, ratings are up dramatically
I don't think so

Quote:
When you add new top teams...making sure that you have an equally attractive environment for pro-am independent teams is a challenge we're up to--but it's easier said than done
Well, costs are escalating.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3772096)   #72
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I don't think so
I mean, that's neat that you think that, but they do have access to the hard numbers.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 21:45 (Ref:3772184)   #73
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I mean, that's neat that you think that, but they do have access to the hard numbers.
But it is Scott 'Words Don't Mean Anything Anymore' Atherton.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3773714)   #74
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
de Chaunac seems to think we will have 2 (at least via Oreca) new DPis in '19.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/hug...gent-possible/

L.P.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3773729)   #75
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Hell yes.