Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Aug 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1682421)   #26
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Xaus crap it isn't .. far from it .. he is fast .. i know that since SuperSport riding the 748 .. i think it was Pitt who was rammed in the last lap of a race.. 2000 at Philip Island if I remember correctly

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Aug 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1687126)   #27
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ant West will be on a factory Aprillia...

...if he can find the funds.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1687226)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as Xaus is concerned, he is SPanish which helps a lot and Hodgson was very aware from his first ride of the DAntin bike that it was a dog!

He wanted out way before the end as the bike was a deathtrap!

Also advised Ellison not to ride it in 06, but then James chioce has been just as bad really!

As for Xaus, ir hot and cold, if he has the feeling from the front, he is amazing, otherwise average, much like Laconi,Bostrom,Nieto etc
Old 24 Aug 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1690733)   #29
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mario Illien has spoken out about this plans for 2007, which includes 2 bikes and a reported 20 million dollar budget. He hopes to debut the bike at the final two rounds of this year's championship.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~EXC...~id~136092.htm
Old 24 Aug 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1690735)   #30
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crash.net are also suggesting that James Toseland may be on a satelite Ducati next year.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Duc...~id~136031.htm
Old 29 Aug 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1696891)   #31
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Not a surprise, but Capirossi is confirmed at Ducati for 2007.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Cap...~id~136400.htm
Old 29 Aug 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1697083)   #32
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
About what jhansen has wrote, Ilmor entering in MotoGP can be very interesting. They seems to be the kind of player who comes to be serious with the technique and the money (I hope they have support). I would be surprised of they do a Kawasaki and not visit top positions in one year or two.

Capirossi's confirmation is welcome (I suppose almost by everyone). I'd like to see him getting more success (matbe this season he ends getting the biggest prize).
Old 29 Aug 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1697152)   #33
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay, my pics:

Repsol Honda: Pedrosa, [someone]
Fortuna Honda: Elias, Melandri
LCR Honda: ?Stoner?
Konica Honda: Tamada

Camel Yamaha: Rossi, ?Edwards?. (Stoner?)
Tech 3 Yamaha: Checa?

Malborough Ducati: Capirossi, Gibernau
D'Antin Ducati: Toseland.

Pons Illmor: Hayden, Hoffman.

Suzuki: Hopkins, Vermulan

Kawasaki: Depuniet, Nakano

WCM: Dunno.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1697194)   #34
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I'm not so sure about Tamada. I read a blurb somewhere that he needs to come up with some good performances down the stretch.

Hayden to Illmor? Interesting. I've also read about Hayden at Ducati.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1698002)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Mario Illien has spoken out about this plans for 2007, which includes 2 bikes and a reported 20 million dollar budget. He hopes to debut the bike at the final two rounds of this year's championship.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~EXCLUSIVE--Ilmor-explain-MotoGP-plans-~cid~6~id~136092.htm
20 million

Any rumours on who's backing this project?
Old 31 Aug 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1698663)   #36
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
LCR Honda sponsor trouble:

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Sto...~id~136539.htm

Stoner's team is still looking for sponsors. He uses the word amazing. I'd have to say that fits quite well. Unless the TV numbers are not as good as I think they are, I just don't get it. Someone give this team some money!
Old 1 Sep 2006, 00:17 (Ref:1698922)   #37
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've heard both Stoner's and Hayden's names mentioned in the same sentence as Ducati.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1699279)   #38
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stoner has done a good job this year (up until his return to crashing) and I think he should continue at LCR along with a deserved budget which the team have earnt.

Hayden? He doesn't belong on the best bike. Pedrosa does and HRC should bring in Melandri, "the Dove" or Nakano or someone else.

I like Hayden as a personality but if Rossi is 100% then Hayden is a 90% tops. I'd pick about 6-7 other riders over him (Rossi, Capirossi, Pedrosa, Melandri, Gibernau, Stoner, Hopkins not to mention Stoner, Vermeulen, Nakano)...

Hayden appears to be a fairly limited rider. For his experience, equipment, and history he is not a champion and it would be a shame if he wins this year. Loris, Marco, Valentino and Dani deserve it more than him.

A bike champion should be someone who wins loads of races!
Old 1 Sep 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1699324)   #39
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Nobody "deserves" anything. Whoever wins the title will have deserved it in my opinion.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1699434)   #40
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I take it Seté is not confirmed at Ducati, based on the number of others being linked to the team?

If Biaggi does the 2 rounds for Ilmor late this year, he's got to be in with a hunt of a 2007 ride, alongisde a young (British?) rider. Leon Haslam has been mooted, but I thoguht he was under a long-term Ducati deal?
Old 1 Sep 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1699443)   #41
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Nobody "deserves" anything. Whoever wins the title will have deserved it in my opinion.
Rossi deserves the title, he's just been affected by external factors. Rossi has won more races than anyone else combined this year- and he's not even on the best bike!

If Hayden wins the rest of the GP's then fair enough but basically it is the HRC bike that is winning as a result of reliability as well as a reliable batch of Michelins (something Rossi does not seem to be blessed with this year)....

On a pedantic note, if nobody deserves anything, why would the champion deserve it?
Old 1 Sep 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1699453)   #42
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Good point. I should have said the champion would have earned it. That is a better way of saying it.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1699458)   #43
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Good point. I should have said the champion would have earned it. That is a better way of saying it.
Don't worry, I was just testing you! I apologize for being pedantic.. I understood what you meant but could not resist.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1699465)   #44
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
That's ok. We can keep it light here!

I think you're being a bit unfair towards Hayden with respect to some of the other riders you listed. He's not a Rossi and Pedrosa will only get better, but I think he's on par with Melandri. Hayden wont take as many wins, but he will be more consistent.

I'm betting Ducati would love to have him along side Capirossi.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 02:06 (Ref:1704597)   #45
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Hayden would like to stay at Honda.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Hay...~id~136964.htm
Old 8 Sep 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1705504)   #46
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think people are being very tough on Hayden here, much the same as they always been about Kenny Roberts to be honest!

Hayden is trying his best and has got the best results so far on Honda, he has consistency, good speed and the ability to grind out a result if need be!

He has won two races which is more than enough really, and yes I agree Vale would be in contention if he hadnt had bad luck, but he isnt really and is gonna ride for wins!

I would love to see Nicky win it, mainly coz he is really nice fella, great also to have a rider of that style winning it aswell, I am not a fan of the front end 250 riders, boring to watch in my view! I am sure Nicky would be right up there if they banned electronics tomorrow, not too sure about Dani!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 03:06 (Ref:1707545)   #47
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
I am not tough on him, I just think he sucks.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 02:14 (Ref:1708455)   #48
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins
A bike champion should be someone who wins loads of races!

I'd pick about 6-7 other riders over Hayden (Rossi, Capirossi, Pedrosa, Melandri, Gibernau, Stoner, Hopkins not to mention Stoner, Vermeulen, Nakano)

Loris, Marco, Valentino and Dani deserve it more than him.
Hayden has so far won 2 races, as have Capirossi, Melandri and Pedrosa. Hayden also has a better top three finishing record over Capirossi, Melandri and Pedrosa. Apart from Rossi, none of the other riders have won a race and have only managed a couple of seconds and thirds between them.

Your comments are groundless.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1708714)   #49
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hayden rides Honda test-bike, he is testing all parts of 2007's 800cc project. I am surprised that he is still leading the championship. His Honda is a different bike than the one Pedrosa rides.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1709163)   #50
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
Hayden is testing all parts of 2007's 800cc project.
On a 1000cc bike?? While challenging for the championship?? I doubt it. Where's your source?