Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jun 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3257540)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
It was programmed in early season but cancelled due to lack of entries unfortunately. Bernie is hoping that we will be at a big weekend meeting at Snetterton later in the year, details to be annouced.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3257627)   #27
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
34 of us on the Brands Indy grid - it'll be a tight squeeze.

I stuck on my door roundels last night and put my track tyres on. Today my refurbished fire extinguisher was returned, so I just need to fit it, bleed the brakes, swap the pads and get hold of some door numbers. Almost there.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3257721)   #28
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite Al's list above I am still an entry!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 4 Jun 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3257734)   #29
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyte View Post
34 of us on the Brands Indy grid - it'll be a tight squeeze.
and only 32 of you will get to race - see supplementary regs
Old 4 Jun 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3257797)   #30
HornetV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bare, but born and bred in Birmingham
HornetV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Hey, make sure you come and say hello
Will do, anyone know if there's somewhere on site when I can charge my phone up?
Old 4 Jun 2013, 21:35 (Ref:3257798)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Yes we are fully aware of that. Bernie will withdraw his Corvette if there are too many and I am sure if not after qually then after the first race a few will drop out as the attriction rate is generally pretty high with this old tubs.

Applogise to Wayne I cut and pasted from Excell and it can be a bit cobby. Maybe a Mod could be as kind as to include Wayne in his red 64 Mustang in the FIA (ish) clash.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3257922)   #32
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Ah, that makes sense Al, but still, it will be a bit of a shame if one ot two of you can't make it into the race if all goes smoothly in qualifying.

As the marshal in charge at the bottom of the Paddock Hill gravel trap, could I just ask that all 32 of you all take it nice and easy going down the big hill. Moving your big cars to a safer position is not easy.

Some of the "lads" are older than your cars.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3257962)   #33
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
.... I am sure if not after qually then after the first race a few will drop out as the attriction rate is generally pretty high with this old tubs. ...
If you find yourselves dribbling* then please try to do it off the track ... it's a pain to have to clean up after

[* that'll be oil etc ]

looking forward to it

Dave

Last edited by deley; 5 Jun 2013 at 10:51.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3257982)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well I have built and fitted a new engine with a different sump which is 1/2" less deep plus I have shed 150lbs in weight off the front end so I am hoping the bottoming out problem at the bottom of Paddock will not occur again as thats what happened last time, it ripped a gash in the bottom of the sump. Also have later heads fitted as the original model SBC Chevy heads are a total pain to seal at the rocker gaskets plus I have done away with the stupid press in breather arrangement which always leaks around the rubber grommet and replaced with a huge Aeroquip fitting fitted into alloy cast rocker covers. So far just running up it looks oil free but who knows it is a Small Block Chevy engine after all but I have done me best!
Old 5 Jun 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3257984)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Bodysnatcher I will pass the message on. Thank you.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3257994)   #36
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I will be in the paddock parking you all up from Friday. Tomorrow I will be marking out the roadways with cones and putting the one was system in place. Looking forward to seeing you guys...
Old 5 Jun 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3258042)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Great Steve looking forward to it as well.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3258080)   #38
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
I will be in the paddock parking you all up from Friday. Tomorrow I will be marking out the roadways with cones and putting the one was system in place. Looking forward to seeing you guys...
Hi Stephen, we'll be arriving Friday afternoon, look forward to seeing you there
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3259982)   #39
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
A very very sucessful Brand Speedfest today. We were told in the drivers briefing that they had sold more advanced tickets for the event than both BTCC and DTM and I am privilaged to have been a part of the fantastic even. It was confirmed to will be repeated next year. Well done MSV for having the forsite to put on the extravagant event and thank you Bernie for making it possible for us to be a part of it.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3259984)   #40
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see you and all the others Al
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:35 (Ref:3259987)   #41
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks Steve and you notice not a single drop of oil from the new engine!
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3259988)   #42
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
very nice!
Old 10 Jun 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3260137)   #43
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A highlight of a great and hugely attended weekend.

Not sure what happened in first race, the pole car was crossing the line to start as the back of the field was not yet into Clearways!

Sad to see Jay damage his Rover, it looked like he had backed off and the gravel was a one way trip to the tyre wall. Maybe something broke?

Hope it is not too bad and he is back soon, he really does get the maximum from that car and is a top racer.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3260164)   #44
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
A highlight of a great and hugely attended weekend.

Sad to see Jay damage his Rover, it looked like he had backed off and the gravel was a one way trip to the tyre wall. Maybe something broke?

Hope it is not too bad and he is back soon, he really does get the maximum from that car and is a top racer.
There were some marshals who think they saw something in the steering/wheel break. However, with the amount of the green bit he was using, it has to be said he was never giving himself much room for error coming down Paddock Hill.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3260165)   #45
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah I think I was nearly lapped before the race had begun
Old 10 Jun 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3260179)   #46
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Outstanding event for sheer volume of spectators and Bernies V8 races. I "escaped my duties" to watch your two races which were the highlights of the weekend and well done everyone. Two wins for John Wilson ... what does he drink !!!!
Thanks to those who visited me at the Motion Pictures Motors display. Totally dwarfed by the sheer volume and size of all those cars.
Commiserations to those who had problems in practice and races. James, don,t trust any of the those wheels anymore.

Well done everyone. Great, great show.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3260228)   #47
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great mix of cars and mostly clean racing. Well done all. My misfire didn't go away for race 1, but I still had some fun with Wayne's Mustang and the Iso before the wheel tore itself apart.

The second race was very entertaining to watch from the Druids infield (yes Al, I saw you!).

As you say Graham, no more of these in future:

Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3260233)   #48
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie's V8s - highlight of my weekend

Fantastic machines and extremely appreciative drivers at end of racing - a pleasure to marshal for you.

Dave
Old 10 Jun 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3260303)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks Dave for all you guys efforts.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3260583)   #50
Tom Barley
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Tom Barley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that was a brilliant days racing. Here's some race 2 footage. Race 1 will follow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIWF8VL2TM