Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Feb 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3802661)   #151
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We'll have to wait and see how far they can get with this
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3802678)   #152
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
weren't there also rumours last year that Bernie was also somehow in the picture?
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3802680)   #153
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
weren't there also rumours last year that Bernie was also somehow in the picture?
I can't see him BE back in F1 to that extent, sure there is the 'romantic' attachment of bringing the Brabham name back for him (again!), but he is a pragmatist and knows it is not an 'investment' as he sees the term.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3802685)   #154
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if he's still a pragmatist at his age then he knows he cant take his money with him when he goes!

best to spend it now and cause some trouble for everyone on his way out the door!

but yeah, no idea if there was any credible source for the rumour or just an idea spurred on by the obvious nostalgic romanticism of the idea.

would be cool though to see him back and fighting on the side of the teams again.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3802687)   #155
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I can see Bernie and even jointly with his bad old pal Flavio become part owners in Force. What a den of thieves that team would be!

Flavio has wheeled and dealed in F1 teams before and Eccelstone has invested and bought football teams after his obvious Brabham stint almost as play. A minority but significant stake in this team wouldn't be outside the realms of reasonable speculation.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3802693)   #156
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flavio is I believe on his way to do a stint in the slammer for tax evasion and fraud. He was given a fairly hefty sentence, appealed it and had the term reduced to I believe 18 months, and is again I believe appealing the reduced sentence. It was to do with bogus chartering of his luxury yacht, which has been confiscated. Bottom line is it looks as if he will likely be 'out of the office' for a while.
Unless, as per the last time he was jailed,before his F1 days, he becomes a fugitive again and relocates to some obscure non extradition nation. (Last time he shacked up in the Virgin Islands.)
Old 20 Feb 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3802696)   #157
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Flav isn't going anywhere near "inside" E.B. Too much in the slush fund slopping around...
Old 20 Feb 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3802697)   #158
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Flav isn't going anywhere near "inside" E.B. Too much in the slush fund slopping around...
Yes I feel he will find a way out of it. I seem to recall his last (pre F1) sentence was quashed after his mysterious contribution of a few mill to unknown 'government funds'.
But following Crashgate and this he might find it difficult to prove his suitability to own an F1 team. There are I guess always ways around these matterswhen well connected.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 17:41 (Ref:3802710)   #159
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Flavio is I believe on his way to do a stint in the slammer for tax evasion and fraud. He was given a fairly hefty sentence, appealed it and had the term reduced to I believe 18 months, and is again I believe appealing the reduced sentence. It was to do with bogus chartering of his luxury yacht, which has been confiscated. Bottom line is it looks as if he will likely be 'out of the office' for a while.
Proper order.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3802731)   #160
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
E.B...He will put a dress on and be BE's "unpaid" secretary
Old 20 Feb 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3802749)   #161
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
E.B...He will put a dress on and be BE's "unpaid" secretary
tempted to ban you for that mental image to be honest
Old 20 Feb 2018, 20:41 (Ref:3802764)   #162
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if he's still a pragmatist at his age then he knows he cant take his money with him when he goes!

best to spend it now and cause some trouble for everyone on his way out the door!

but yeah, no idea if there was any credible source for the rumour or just an idea spurred on by the obvious nostalgic romanticism of the idea.

would be cool though to see him back and fighting on the side of the teams again.
Didn't you know that BCE is immortal! Apart from which, most of his assets are in trust in one way or another, although I don't know who the beneficiaries are now (a lot of it is "controlled by his ex-wife, mother of the two girls).

But it must be remembered that it was BCE who "arranged" the sale of the Spyker team to Mallya. He has a knack of doing deals which is why he also unloaded his and Flavio's shareholding in the soccer team QPR on to Tony Fernandes.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3802851)   #163
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Joe Saward reporting that a British energy drink brand called Rich Energy (anyone heard of them...) is in talks to buy FI for $280m...
Old 21 Feb 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3802881)   #164
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Look at the shop and you'll see where the name comes from. http://richenergy.com/
Old 21 Feb 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3802903)   #165
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flip me that's producing some profit for him. Yes F1 would be a good fit to that brand - over priced & over hyped

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Feb 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3802951)   #166
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Joe Saward reporting that a British energy drink brand called Rich Energy (anyone heard of them...) is in talks to buy FI for $280m...
assuming thats in US dollars so about £200 mill i think.

how much is a mid level F1 team worth these days?

cant say i recall ever reading a value assigned to the value of Sauber shares in that buyout.

Renault bought Lotus for £1 plus assumption of all of its debt...dont know how much debt there was though.

a few years prior to that, Sahara bought into FI at 100mil for a 40odd% stake.

obviously no idea about what type of debt FI has, how much prize money they have coming their way, what assets/facilities do they actually own, and if the above amount is for full ownership or not etc etc.

that said, FI is one of, if not the most, cost effective teams on the grid and seemingly punch above their weight class every season and provided the old owners are willing to walk away, i am surprised that a proper car manu is not looking to take over this team and its facilities.

but i guess that says more about the current state of the sport in general then anything else.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3802958)   #167
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Autosport is deeply sceptical about whether they have access to that kind of cash. Perhaps partnering with someone who has deep pockets?
Old 21 Feb 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3802965)   #168
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Force India has been on the market for some considerable time, but I think that any potential buyer who conducts in depth due diligence investigations may be rather cautious about concluding a purchase because of fears about it's funding in the past.

One has to bear in mind that one of the owners (Sahara) is languishing in an Indian prison because he cannot raise the money required to fund his bond. Meanwhile, Mallya is holed up in luxury in the UK and is fighting extradition proceedings for his return to India to also face corruption charges over his failed airline and other business interests.

It is alleged that both men have funded Force India by monies diverted from companies that that were either failing or were in need of rescuing. If that is the case, any purchaser may find that the asset that they bought being snatched out of their hands by the Indian authorities to compensate those alleged to have been defrauded in India.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3802969)   #169
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Ok...Am I being thick or what? I've looked at the "Shop" on the Rich Energy website. Who are we talking about that is buying?
Old 21 Feb 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3802974)   #170
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Ok...Am I being thick or what? I've looked at the "Shop" on the Rich Energy website. Who are we talking about that is buying?
I assume that Peter is referring to being "rich", or possibly plain stupid, to be able to afford to by the gunk.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3802986)   #171
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Thanks Mike...Thought it was me..
Old 21 Feb 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3802990)   #172
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doesn't everyone buy their soft drink in a wooden box with a chaser of gold leaf vodka? (Looking down nose and muttering under breath) Silly peasants.

!

Richard
Old 23 Feb 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3803317)   #173
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Old 23 Feb 2018, 13:48 (Ref:3803400)   #174
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Autosport is deeply sceptical about whether they have access to that kind of cash. Perhaps partnering with someone who has deep pockets?
if they had the kind of money a bid for force india suggests, they’d have made sowery’s life a bit easier in racing i think it’s posturing by the people behind the company to attract investors. have a look at the accounts on companies house. nowt going on there.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3803482)   #175
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What, you mean a story in motor racing based on hubris and bullshit? Surely some mistake!!!!???!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1