Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Aug 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3846504)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst you're entitled to your opinions (of course), you're not entitled to have everyone agree with them - that's the 'beauty' of a discussion forum!
Old 27 Aug 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3846509)   #152
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure I even mentioned South Auckland. Maybe it's you that's making that comparison. All I'm saying is if your reason for not supporting a driver is they had a privileged upbringing then you begin to run out of drivers to support pretty quickly. I'll head back to the asylum now. Only the underprivileged F1 drivers, who grew up homeless on the streets of Detroit are allowed in the asylum.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3846520)   #153
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not sure I even mentioned South Auckland. Maybe it's you that's making that comparison. All I'm saying is if your reason for not supporting a driver is they had a privileged upbringing then you begin to run out of drivers to support pretty quickly. I'll head back to the asylum now. Only the underprivileged F1 drivers, who grew up homeless on the streets of Detroit are allowed in the asylum.
Hey now, Detroit was privileged upbringing for a while sir. Ok, maybe not so much now.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:03 (Ref:3846521)   #154
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Leclerc's family may be wealthy, but that's no different to the majority of drivers on the grid. Most get a start in motorsport through having money, or parents already in the sport. There is a bit of an irony in refusing to support Leclerc due to his privileged upbringing, whilst having the username Dixon, who is, of course, the son of two racing drivers who enabled him to get dispensation to race at a younger age than would've been allowed. Many others wouldn't have had the start in life Scott had.

Whenever you look at any racing driver, there's usually a bit of privilege somewhere down the line. That's the nature of such an expensive sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon9 View Post
i thought this was coming

if you're going to consider being born to speedway parents and growing up in that noted south auckland mansion suburb Manurewa as equal to growing up in monaco then good on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon9 View Post
you made a terrible point to compare south auckland to monaco, keep reaching

if i'd known not supporting some rich kid would create so much melodrama i'd also have revealed i cbf supporting stroll, but that seems ok around here for whatever reason. geez i thought not having a preference either way in the hamilton v vettel debate would insulate me somewhat from the asylum escapees.

from now on i pinky promise to cheer on every driver equally, especially if they're young and hyped.
Nope, I'm thinking you have a terrible memory or a hella chip on your shoulder. You're the only person who mentioned where he was from specifically. Believe his point was valid that he was born in to racing and was afforded opportunities others may not have gotten.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3846522)   #155
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey, I'm not judging! I spent a long time living in a place called Arbroath. It's just a wee town, but it's like living in Basra.

Edit: For the record, I'm not saying Dixon had a millionare upbringing. Just that his parents social position allowed him a start many others wouldn't have gotten. It's a different scale for sure, but it's the same idea. Unfortunately, most sports have this sort of story.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3846530)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Hey, I'm not judging! I spent a long time living in a place called Arbroath. It's just a wee town, but it's like living in Basra.
I fear you're digging a hole here........
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3846537)   #157
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Spent many a time digging a hole to avoid the locals.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3846881)   #158
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Spent many a time digging a hole to avoid the locals.
Licking gravel off path, or drinking Chateau de Chasselet?
Old 29 Aug 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3846929)   #159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Licking gravel off path, or drinking Chateau de Chasselet?
From a rolled up newspaper........
Old 29 Aug 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3846933)   #160
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Markelov to Williams? https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-williams-seat
Old 29 Aug 2018, 19:34 (Ref:3846949)   #161
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can think of a lot worse options, he’s more than eligible for a seat in F1. Don’t forget only Leclerc beat him in last season’s GP2 championship
Old 29 Aug 2018, 20:30 (Ref:3846962)   #162
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can think of a lot worse options, he’s more than eligible for a seat in F1. Don’t forget only Leclerc beat him in last season’s GP2 championship
And he is eligible for a superlicence.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3846974)   #163
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
And he is eligible for a superlicence.
... but 'incompatible' with Sirotkin and SMP ?
Old 29 Aug 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3846976)   #164
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
... but 'incompatible' with Sirotkin and SMP ?
So Autosport say. Tent not big enough for two Russians?
Old 29 Aug 2018, 21:42 (Ref:3846980)   #165
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
This is entirely understandable: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-ocon-for-2019 If Renault have ambitions to be a real player, Ocon was never going to be much use to them. Fingers crossed he finds a competitive drive somewhere, if the Force India door is closed to him.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3847065)   #166
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope so too, be a massive waste of talent if he wasn't on the grid next season
Old 30 Aug 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3847081)   #167
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Now Kvyat is being touted for a return to Toro Rosso.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3847094)   #168
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
You have to be kidding?
Old 30 Aug 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3847095)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
This is entirely understandable: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-ocon-for-2019 If Renault have ambitions to be a real player, Ocon was never going to be much use to them. Fingers crossed he finds a competitive drive somewhere, if the Force India door is closed to him.
More a case of Ocon's 'ownership' by Mercedes not being of much use to them....
Old 30 Aug 2018, 17:56 (Ref:3847100)   #170
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I personally don't rate Kvyat and I don't think many here do. So on the surface it sounds crazy.

But on his good days (when he is not crippled by his own mental games) Kvyat could be argued as being much better than Hartley. Also, might TR (and by extension RBR and Honda) glean some information from Kvyat about the Ferrari? Kvyat apparently does simulator work for Ferrari and should know the operational details of things like special modes (hybrid, qualifying, etc.) I could see a one year deal to get them through 2019 with an option for 2020 if he surprises.

Richard
Old 30 Aug 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3847116)   #171
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You have to be kidding?
Not me, Autosport.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3847130)   #172
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Not me, Autosport.
Hmm, I guess they got it from somewhere - but I still feel that Dann(y)(il) has long had his day in F1....
Old 30 Aug 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3847135)   #173
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
There are many in the paddock who think Dani Kvyat the quickest Red Bull driver ever. If he could just unlock it more often...
Old 30 Aug 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3847136)   #174
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
There are many in the paddock who think Dani Kvyat the quickest Red Bull driver ever. If he could just unlock it more often...
On what basis??? Quicker than Vettel and Verstappen is quite some boast.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 23:50 (Ref:3847157)   #175
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I personally don't rate Kvyat and I don't think many here do. So on the surface it sounds crazy.

But on his good days (when he is not crippled by his own mental games) Kvyat could be argued as being much better than Hartley. Also, might TR (and by extension RBR and Honda) glean some information from Kvyat about the Ferrari? Kvyat apparently does simulator work for Ferrari and should know the operational details of things like special modes (hybrid, qualifying, etc.) I could see a one year deal to get them through 2019 with an option for 2020 if he surprises.

Richard

Fair point, but Vergne was far quicker than Kvyat.

Buemi and Alguersuari were probably about equal.