Old 14 Sep 2002, 20:27 (Ref:380303)   #1
NSMG
Rookie

NSMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Brian Hart ?

Hi,

Shorlty after being bought by Arrows (TWR) ,
Hart Ltd. closed its doors.
Whatever happened to Brian Hart, where is he working now ?
For me , he is one of the most brilliant engineers ever !

Thanks.
NSMG
Old 14 Sep 2002, 20:36 (Ref:380306)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes , i agree.....i didnt know that TWR bought him out though .
Old 15 Sep 2002, 17:24 (Ref:380825)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Arrows V10 was the Hart engine.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 17:15 (Ref:3002326)   #4
S Meesters
Rookie

S Meesters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I realize this is an old thread. I have read that Brian Hart had published a "life story" book. Does anyone have any info on this book or where to find it? I have searched with no luck.

Also I know it's probably not going to happen but I am a Motorsport Engine Professional as well an any contact info if had on Hart would be great.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 17:28 (Ref:3002331)   #5
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Meesters View Post
I realize this is an old thread. I have read that Brian Hart had published a "life story" book. Does anyone have any info on this book or where to find it? I have searched with no luck.

Also I know it's probably not going to happen but I am a Motorsport Engine Professional as well an any contact info if had on Hart would be great.
It might be worth asking the same question in the History section of ten-tenths
Old 20 Dec 2011, 18:00 (Ref:3002345)   #6
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Did he not work with Brian Morse?
Old 20 Dec 2011, 18:16 (Ref:3002352)   #7
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that he's now living in the south of France.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 20:27 (Ref:3002413)   #8
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
Poor bloke.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 20:39 (Ref:3002419)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Poor bloke.

yes, where did it all go wrong?
Old 21 Dec 2011, 00:07 (Ref:3002487)   #10
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That's what I heard as well. There was an article on him in Motorsport Magazine a number of years ago. I'm thinking around 5 years ago or so.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 00:22 (Ref:3002488)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Just read the Wikipedia article about him. It won't help find him now, but interesting stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Hart

He supplied three engines to me or rather my sponsors and was always approachable and friendly at all times, as well as being completely trustworthy. If an engine was a good 'un he'd tell you, but he'd also tell you if it was a bitza. Respected him very much.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 00:48 (Ref:3002496)   #12
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Arrows V10.........
Old 21 Dec 2011, 01:25 (Ref:3002505)   #13
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Shows what happens when you cash out and let TWR do their thing with it. Jackie Oliver, Alan Rees and the Stewart family have benefited similarily from investors with big wallets
Old 21 Dec 2011, 17:21 (Ref:3002797)   #14
S Meesters
Rookie

Found the book. Hartpower the full story - by Brian Hart. But its over $700!
Old 21 Dec 2011, 19:38 (Ref:3002863)   #15
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
yes I too heard this......I was previously a designer for Mountune in Essex, which was close-ish to Hart's F1 premises....... then I couincidentally worked for TWR......anyway, while at Mountune we employed a few of the old Hart engine builders and from what I heard Tom Walkinshaw properly screwed Brian over, the ex-hart engine builders said some scathing things about TWR.......... TWR's angle was something along the lines that the previous seasons Hart F1 engines were not up to the performance levels promised and it all went down hill from there, soon after Hart shut down, TWR took over the Hart F1 engine programme with John Hilton (Ex Cosworth) running it full time in Oxfordshire with a few of the ex Hart designers......untill TWR sold the engine programme in a fire sale to Renault F1......just before TWR went bankrupt.......so as they say, what goes around comes around.........I never met brian but heard he was one of the good guys, I'm told all he cared about was F1 engines.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 19:55 (Ref:3002870)   #16
S Meesters
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
yes I too heard this......I was previously a designer for Mountune in Essex, which was close-ish to Hart's F1 premises....... then I couincidentally worked for TWR......anyway, while at Mountune we employed a few of the old Hart engine builders and from what I heard Tom Walkinshaw properly screwed Brian over, the ex-hart engine builders said some scathing things about TWR.......... TWR's angle was something along the lines that the previous seasons Hart F1 engines were not up to the performance levels promised and it all went down hill from there, soon after Hart shut down, TWR took over the Hart F1 engine programme with John Hilton (Ex Cosworth) running it full time in Oxfordshire with a few of the ex Hart designers......untill TWR sold the engine programme in a fire sale to Renault F1......just before TWR went bankrupt.......so as they say, what goes around comes around.........I never met brian but heard he was one of the good guys, I'm told all he cared about was F1 engines.
knighty: Did you stay when TWR was acquired by Menard? I was at Menard Engine Group in Indy at that time.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 08:22 (Ref:3003039)   #17
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
my stay at TWR basically lasted about 6 months, it was a case of right place, wrong time...... I was recruited as a designer on the IRL project but a few days before I even started news got out that Infiniti were pulling the plug, it was downhill from there, I did 3 months in Kiddlington, then another 3 months in broadstone barns, then TWR went pop, at which point I think Menard took over.......looking back on it it was all because Tom Walkinshaw had attempted to screw over other companies, and it blew up in his face.......principally Cosworth for paying his engine bills (surprise surprise)......then that investment bank that he relieved of 10's of millions of capital, when they came back a year or two to see how the "investment" was going Tom told them the investment "hadnt worked out" so both cosworth and the investment bank buried TWR, and good on them I say......I got another job no problem so no big deal.