Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 1 Jun 2001, 23:44 (Ref:100036)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How do you wash racing gloves?

How do you wash 'em?
Its got 40oC on the label, but says "wash seperatly"
They're covered in oil and sweat and are really sticky inside (its mainly the inside i'm bothered about)
Old 3 Jun 2001, 09:27 (Ref:100370)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The label on mine says, "hand wash only, drip dry". So try a bucket of warm water (not hot) and some mild detergent, not too much.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 11:22 (Ref:100975)   #3
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I washed mine (Sparco's) in luke warm water and let them dry over the bucket. A seasons racing and some Kart work had made them a bit grotty!

When I got back to them they were very small and hard!!!!

Seems buying new is easier!

IanC
Old 4 Jun 2001, 12:20 (Ref:101001)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't. I ask someone else to wash them.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 21:59 (Ref:101198)   #5
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they're leather faced you probably shouldn't be washing them anyway.
How come they're covered in oil ? - do you use them to work on the engine then ???. One tip about Nomex (assuming they are), the only recommended powder is Dreft automatic according to DuPont. That's what I (alright then, team manager !) always uses.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 17:20 (Ref:101500)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
No the oil must have come off one of the karts i was following. It just has specs of oil on the suade.

They are black/grey Sparco GP's (non-leather) I'm just afraid if i wash them I will ruin them.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 21:11 (Ref:101572)   #7
Rob Buhl
Rookie

Rob Buhl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Invest in a new pair. It just gives one much more confidence while stepping into the car and knowing everything is as you prefer...
Old 9 Jun 2001, 13:43 (Ref:102974)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
OK, my Mommy has just washed them, but they feel really hard now, they used to be really soft.
I can't afford a new pair.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4071963)   #9
JapPlonk
Rookie

JapPlonk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still

Does your mummy still wash your gloves
pls reply I spent 20 minutes making an account
I need help
Old 4 Sep 2021, 20:43 (Ref:4072037)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
She used to
I used to wash them in fairy liquid and give them a good rinse.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Oct 2021, 04:50 (Ref:4077135)   #11
Andrew Flynn
Rookie

Andrew Flynn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use delicates wash in machine
Old 6 Oct 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4077156)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harman View Post
If they're leather faced you probably shouldn't be washing them anyway.
How come they're covered in oil ? - do you use them to work on the engine then ???. One tip about Nomex (assuming they are), the only recommended powder is Dreft automatic according to DuPont. That's what I (alright then, team manager !) always uses.
They should be fine to hand wash and then let drip dry. My son washes his hockey gloves the same way.
Old 6 Oct 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4077169)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
How do you wash 'em?
gently, put your fingers inside, make sure it's wet and rub up and down.
Old 29 Nov 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4085858)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Buhl View Post
Invest in a new pair.
May be the ricght answer. I machine washed my white Alpinestar and they did not go well after several cycles. Mind you oil/grease is not gentle with fireproof garements and that no washing booster should be used (just read the instructions).

On another mode, I find my racing suits are shrinking over the years…