Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 27 Mar 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2162800)   #1
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cannons msa tintops Road trim classes

Barc SE are going to pilot having road trim catagories within the tin top class structure,

basically, the rules are the same as the current tin top rules but "road trim" cars will have to have glass windows, interior trim and a ban on lightweight fibreglass panels, the class structure will allow them to be competitive against the stripped out cars.

now the first tin top round at lydden is nearly with us so whos going to be quick off the mark and show what a proper "road car" can do ?

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 27 Mar 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2162878)   #2
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr
Barc SE are going to pilot having road trim catagories within the tin top class structure,

basically, the rules are the same as the current tin top rules but "road trim" cars will have to have glass windows, interior trim and a ban on lightweight fibreglass panels, the class structure will allow them to be competitive against the stripped out cars.

now the first tin top round at lydden is nearly with us so whos going to be quick off the mark and show what a proper "road car" can do ?
Graham,
What are the road trim regs ? - Rover has standard panels, except for GRP panel replacing glass sunroof, as glass sunroof is not allowed. has standard door cards, and glass , but no carpet or roof lining ( not much roof lining anyway with sunroof there ! ) It has a non-standard dash, but it is a complete full width dash. Haven't got a clue what the regs are going to be, but if not fixed yet, can I make a safety suggestion - except for the windscreen which is laminated, why not insist on safety film on all the other glass windows - It was a requirement when I raced it at the ring last year, and I believe it is now a requirement in rallying - two rolls of safety film from mothercare cost me £30.00 so it's not going to break the bank.
I have number plates and a log book somewhere !
p.s. It's my red rover I'm talking about, not Andrews Tomcat.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:14 (Ref:2162955)   #3
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alan, the main gist of it was alone the lines of road going sprinting regulations, ie FULL interior trim, glass, lights, std dashboard, door cards, winder mechanisms, only carpet to be removed or MINOR trim modifications to allow the fitment of a roll cage.

thats a good idea on the window film,

from the sound of it your car is very close to the proposed road trim and as such could possibly run in a lower class than your brothers more modified car even if they were on the same tyres

so i presume your tomcat WILL be on the grid at lydden? we need support all all the rounds if tin tops are going to get more outings to the better venues such as brands

Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2162996)   #4
stephen craig
Rookie

stephen craig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A**E,

Just spent the winter stripping Jo's Fiesta out to try and get a bit more speed out of the thing for the tin tops.

Its still got tax, insurence and MOT on it though.

Whats the plan with the tyres. List 1A only?

Steve.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2163029)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds a good idea to me and should [and I hope does] attract a few more people out - well done BARC SE
Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2163032)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
If you allowed the carpets, headlining and original seats to be removed but all internal door cards, dash, glass, and original metal panels you could let in the CTRCC Group 1's, PHTC's and Pre-93's in that may like a 2nd race on the 12th. I was looking for a 2nd race meself but as the car I am bring is an 87 it is not elligible for any of the CTRCC championships on the day apart from Pre-93 but I don't think you allow V8's and I have a glass fibre hood although the original car was offered with an SMC plastic one.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2163057)   #7
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen craig
A**E,

Just spent the winter stripping Jo's Fiesta out to try and get a bit more speed out of the thing for the tin tops.

Its still got tax, insurence and MOT on it though.

Whats the plan with the tyres. List 1A only?

Steve.
at the moment the plan is still to allow 1A or 1B tyres and classify the cars accordingly

with reference to 1A tyres almost no one seems to use them so were beinging to doubt it being worth allowing for them, but we wont change anything on the tyre front until at least 2009

Old 27 Mar 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2163067)   #8
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
If you allowed the carpets, headlining and original seats to be removed but all internal door cards, dash, glass, and original metal panels you could let in the CTRCC Group 1's, PHTC's and Pre-93's in that may like a 2nd race on the 12th. .
yes that would work, we could regard that as "road trim"

Old 27 Mar 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2163081)   #9
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm running on 1A's at the moment on the Rover, and 1B's on the Astra - For what it's worth, I think I'm losing more by running 1A's than I am gaining by dropping a class ! seemed like a good idea at the Time ! Got to stick with them for a while, as I bought half a dozen of the buggers !
Graham, Lydden not looking great, as I've still got a large bag of flexible brake hoses in the back of the company car, and two new wings to put on (at least they are sprayed ready ). Will definitely be out for Silverstone on 27th though - I've sent off my entry money, so I've got to be ready.
Last year at Silverstone was a good practise, and dropped a valve at the end of qualifying - just hope to behave this year !

For info 1B's are Toyo proxes R888 excellent
1A's are Toyo proxes T1S or T1R or something - suprisingly ok in wet, ****e in the dry ( in my opinion before anyone sues )
I'm after some 205 x 17 slicks for the RCN if anyone has any used ones at a fair price ( Clio Cup size )

Alan

p.s. on the subject of blocks (DMN thread)- can I add ol
Old 27 Mar 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2163370)   #10
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ran the Xsara on 1a tyres and it still has electric wiondows, all the glass, original panels and dash, door cards etc. Bertie also used the 1a rubber for his appearance at Brands.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 01:41 (Ref:2163517)   #11
phansa88
Racer

England
gravesend
phansa88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graham have a 205 1.9 gti road car just need a cage if anyone got one going cheap,just have too check block and crank to make sure it's ok
Old 28 Mar 2008, 08:43 (Ref:2163654)   #12
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
great, so your all be on the grid at lydden on april 12th then