Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Apr 2008, 06:58 (Ref:2167550)   #1
Andy Mesh
Rookie

Andy Mesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRE66 touring cars LYDDEN HILL 12th APRIL

CTCRC pre66 2 races £200 at Lydden Hill on Saturday 12th april
Q @1300 Race 1 @ 1500 Race 2 at 1700
15 min --18 laps ish each race and a good test of handling
good day out and also for people to watch the whole race not just one corner !
see regs/entry form at www.classictouringcars.com
or PM me and i will stick an entry in the post.
Andy
Old 2 Apr 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2167566)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love Lydden, but its location makes it a very long way for anyone not living in the South East. Since it therefore needs all the help it can get, I'm happy to leave this 'plug' in. The pre 66 cars should be good fun round there and as Andy says, spectators get views of virtually the whole lap.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 07:56 (Ref:2167574)   #3
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Andy. Nice to see you bucking the trend in Pre-66 with rising grids, and am aware how much of your personal time is invested in making that happen.

I read Motorsport News with a level of discomfort when I saw the grid sizes at some events at the weekend. The historic cars are out there though, hope they come your way.

£200 for two decent length races isn't half bad. Any more and you'd get dizzy..

Stacy
Old 2 Apr 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2167757)   #4
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Cortina not ready to bring out Stacy?
Old 2 Apr 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2167784)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
£200 for 45 minutes is good value
if my car had an engine in it I'd be tempted!
Old 2 Apr 2008, 12:25 (Ref:2167811)   #6
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Gregor,

There's a good story there, as you know.. ;-)

Anyway, even if there wasn't Lydden would be a tall order. Cadwell later in the year is what I'm aiming for. In our business we'd call it an "aggressive milestone", but we're trying...

http://cid-6829ca32f7a7dc89.spaces.l...2F7A7DC89!107/

Not /quite/ their yet..

S.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2167823)   #7
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stacy you seem to have a few bits missing!!

Good luck for Lydden Andy, unfortunately my car still isn't ready for Post Historics but my race engine is finally finished!! Hoping to be ready for Snetterton but Mallory looks more like it.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 14:43 (Ref:2167900)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
strike a light, I thought we'd saved a few close encounters . . . .
Old 2 Apr 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2167963)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's life Jim, but not as we know it!

That is one massive challenge. Good luck with it Stacy.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2167989)   #10
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Thanks Guys..

It was a running rally car and it would have been easy to just bolt the stuff on, but a rebuild is a rebuild so it went off to the dippers. You can't hide anything after that, the Mrs calls it the Colander.. ;-)

I then had a 6 month wait for the panels I needed to be made up, but at least I have a full complement now including the alloy stuff.

With what was found I have been slightly unnerved by the fact I raced it. I raced it slowly I admit, but I did race it.. I certainly didn't need to drill the holes in the box sections to let the fluid back out anyway..

I am building it with a view to it being every bit of a car as the RX7, but at the moment I am the only one with enough imagination to picture it..

S.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2167992)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm assuming the pic was taken last weekend and that the full compliment of employees are now back at work and assembling the panel work as I write. If not sack them!
Old 2 Apr 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2167999)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will be there Andy with the IROC-Z if I can get the bloody engine in the chassis with the big winged sump fitted this weekend, I will have to drop it in without the box in-situ and stick the box back in once it is sitting there as its all a tad tight! Don't worry though they wont let me out with you guys, is the Dodge Charger still coming as I am looking forward to seeing that?
Old 2 Apr 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2168154)   #13
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden

Al it's not a charger it's a D. Dart !!!!! Don' think it will be out, trouble getting the engine sorted. But watch this space it will be out soon !!
Old 2 Apr 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2168175)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes of course sorry, shame to hear it probably won't be out, got a nice book on Mopar engnes in the cupboard somewhere :-) Looking forward to seeing it when it eventually makes it.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2168189)   #15
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Ha!

Can't afford to be sacking anyone. Steve is here 3 days a week (2 of them weekend days), and he's on nights too so the candle is being burnt firmly at both ends..

Long road ahead, but it's getting a lot of thought and attention to detail. It can't get more ground up than this I guess..

We'll get there, Andy deserves the support for all the work he's put in, not only for largely single handedly keeping that series alive, but making it grow in a very competitive marketplace.

S.
p.s May I unreservedly apologise for my their/there blunder in the earlier post. I was typing in a hurry! A pet hate, almost as much as the old brake/break and lose/loose posts that make me wince.. ;-)
Old 5 Apr 2008, 08:43 (Ref:2170090)   #16
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
...In fact I've decided to run a little blog on our website for the Cortina build. More soon.

http://www.oddballracing.com/cars_cortina.htm

Andy, how's the Lydden entry going? I suppose you'll pick up a couple after the CSCC at Snett this Sunday?

S.
Old 5 Apr 2008, 09:43 (Ref:2170119)   #17
Andy Mesh
Rookie

lydden

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
£200 for 45 minutes is good value
if my car had an engine in it I'd be tempted!
you still have time Zef !!

We at the last count had i think 4 places left , will know more after the weekend.
All cars under 1600cc at the moment so should be nice and close.

Cheers
Andy
Old 5 Apr 2008, 14:41 (Ref:2170360)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats good Andy well done, got my engine sitting in the bay OK and have wound the oil pressure up with an electric drill and everything is looking good, just going out now to fit the box back in and hopefully run it up Sunday morning but its quite a big job on yer todd, if she runs up OK and the new silencer system is quiet that will be the decider!
Old 6 Apr 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2170887)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Its on the Dyno now . . . . probably pushing it a bit, and I don't want to upset the LC boys probably want a diff change for Lydenn as well and I haven't got a 4.9 or a 5.1 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Mesh
you still have time Zef !!

We at the last count had i think 4 places left , will know more after the weekend.
All cars under 1600cc at the moment so should be nice and close.

Cheers
Andy
Old 6 Apr 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2170891)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Diff change whats that? I will just go round in 2nd and 3rd gear! Mind you I have not even finished the installation yet and lots to go wrong so if its not up and running today I will have to withdraw and there is bloody 3 inches of snow out there now and its so nice and warm in the house.....
Old 7 Apr 2008, 11:33 (Ref:2172148)   #21
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi!

Can anyone tell me how/where I can get a timetable &/or entry list for this meeting?

Fingers crossed that it's snow free (unlike Lydden yesterday afternoon!!)...

Thank you

Sal
Old 8 Apr 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2173479)   #22
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be nice if us competitors got our final instructions - assuming our entry didn't get lost in the post. Too late now if that is the case. Thought there was a MSA rule that entries must be acknowledged.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 07:37 (Ref:2173640)   #23
Andy Mesh
Rookie

Lydden

Tim
All tickets etc went in the 1st class post yesterday ,so you should get them today.
You are very much on the list !

Andy