Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 24 May 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4157744)   #1176
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still no sign of parking stickers, so I mailed the ticket office and got a reply without delay:

Dear M. PETERSEN,

The shipping of your stickers has not been done yet.

Our team will start the sending of the stickers today.

You will receive an email with a DHL tracking number once the parcel leaves our building.

Best Regards,

AUTOMOBILE CLUB DE L’OUEST
Circuit des 24 Heures
CS21928
72019 Le Mans Cedex 2
www.lemans.org

We'll drive off to Le Mans next Thursday, so with a bit of luck, we will actually be able to bring the bloody sticker to Parking Expo.
Old 24 May 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4157747)   #1177
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had exactly the same email regarding the e-ticket I bought a couple of days ago.
Old 24 May 2023, 15:07 (Ref:4157749)   #1178
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm guessing most area already leaving for the track soon but it appears Glickenhaus stuff is now shipping from Europe as well so no importation in a dude's luggage required for your Glickenhaus kit, as per their latest email
Ah, useful to know, having said that, I haven't worn the previous one yet!
Old 24 May 2023, 15:08 (Ref:4157750)   #1179
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Think we had 90 mins or so at Indianapolis and Arnage (yes very close) as on a minibus trip from our site.

Put stopwatch on phone when at far right of banking - watched Conway screaming in headlights blazing for 20 mins or so - 3.30 laps regular as clockwork through to the left handed as some other groups of cars - my eyes couldn’t take looking at every set of headlights!

Haven’t been to Mulsanne corner for main race but used to do go for fast plateaus 4,5 & 6 at Classic a few years back at 11pm - great corner and wonderful acceleration sights and sounds as streak off to the flat out kink.

Above bits are one of my favourite roads on Sunday post race possibly and Monday morning afterwards- Tertre Rouge to start of Porsche curves (minus chicanes and with unfortunate roundabouts at Mulsanne and Arnage corners is well worth doing.
The drive around the circuit has become de rigeur for us on the Tuesday...
Old 24 May 2023, 15:26 (Ref:4157753)   #1180
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes it is always good to drive those parts of the circuit that are public roads at least once during your stay
Old 24 May 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4157763)   #1181
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes it is always good to drive those parts of the circuit that are public roads at least once during your stay
Those were the days… https://www.24h-lemans.com/fr/actual...mulsanne-19609
https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b53149858h.item
https://lemans.slot-racing.fr/mulsanne.html
https://endurancemag.fr/les-hunaudieres/
Old 24 May 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4157765)   #1182
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
One little and brief quizz for you champions. Who said: "To be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place"?
Old 24 May 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4157766)   #1183
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More detail on what happens when

https://mcusercontent.com/b5f125906f...2c6016cbbc.jpg
Old 24 May 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4157771)   #1184
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
What on earth's the Hyperpole Ceremony? It goes on for 3 hours, apparently.
Old 24 May 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4157775)   #1185
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's an exercise in Hyperbole.
Old 24 May 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4157776)   #1186
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well not sure anyone will want to waste time watching that, once you know who is on pole, story end.

Last edited by GT6; 24 May 2023 at 17:31.
Old 24 May 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4157778)   #1187
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll admit the hyperpole session was quite exciting last year. From my viewpoint you could see how "on the edge" the Toyota was. But as you say, once it's done, it's done.
Old 24 May 2023, 17:56 (Ref:4157783)   #1188
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still interested to know more about the Friday evening historic stuff and whether it'll be identical to the race day running.
Old 24 May 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4157785)   #1189
Dominion
Rookie

Dominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
One little and brief quizz for you champions. Who said: "To be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place"?
That’ll be an Irish property magnate, yacht aficionado, ex boyfriend of Pamela Anderson and occasional race car driver Mr Irvine
Old 24 May 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4157787)   #1190
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hyperlong word for a short thing taken from french women dictionary. Hyperclear?
Old 24 May 2023, 19:04 (Ref:4157802)   #1191
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
What on earth's the Hyperpole Ceremony? It goes on for 3 hours, apparently.
I've seen an official Instagram post where it's been reduced to 40mins. Which is more logical, if not still a bit long!
Old 24 May 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4157808)   #1192
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was jokingly going to write perhaps its the other way round and Hyperpole ceremony is on for 40 mins and Razorlight are on for 3 hours.. Moral of the story, don't joke about things like that..
Old 24 May 2023, 20:56 (Ref:4157814)   #1193
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Local legends - can you indicate where the Place du Jet d'Eau is? Couldn't really see from Google Maps. Near Place des Jacobins?

Not heard anything more about this Wednesday exhibition, but figure if they've got 80+ cars that have competed at Le Mans that's amazing.
Old 24 May 2023, 21:30 (Ref:4157817)   #1194
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Where is the Place du Jet D'Eau? It sounds a bit like the very old red building at the back of the stands!
Old 25 May 2023, 05:10 (Ref:4157838)   #1195
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
That’ll be an Irish property magnate, yacht aficionado, ex boyfriend of Pamela Anderson and occasional race car driver Mr Irvine
Spot on. Congrats.
Old 25 May 2023, 05:16 (Ref:4157840)   #1196
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Simmi, fontaine du jet d'eau as you suggest near place des Jacobins. If you dont have to pay extra money for, I find the museum worth a visit. Le Musée des 24 Heures du Mans, main entry of the track. Only if the 80+ cars displayed place du jet d'eau are supercars as advertised and not LM winners or other rarities. Indeed.
Old 25 May 2023, 05:18 (Ref:4157841)   #1197
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Local legends - can you indicate where the Place du Jet d'Eau is? Couldn't really see from Google Maps. Near Place des Jacobins?

Not heard anything more about this Wednesday exhibition, but figure if they've got 80+ cars that have competed at Le Mans that's amazing.
Place du Jet d'Eau is the area at the bottom of the steps which lead up to (or down from, obviously) the cathedral, to the left of the cathedral as you face it from Jacobins. Scrutineering was held there the year they started the building works for the 'new Jacobins centre', far too cramped, so they moved scrutineering to Republique the following year. Even Republique is cramped for scrutineering, but I believe the access routes from the circuit are preferred. Scrutineering in the old car park behind Jacobins was the best location for scrutineering, by far.

I've always assumed Jet d'Eau is reference to, or name of, the fountain which the steps to the cathedral surround.

Last edited by Bentley03; 25 May 2023 at 05:25.
Old 25 May 2023, 05:24 (Ref:4157843)   #1198
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I've seen an official Instagram post where it's been reduced to 40mins. Which is more logical, if not still a bit long!
Phew, but at least it's not compulsory.
Old 25 May 2023, 06:41 (Ref:4157852)   #1199
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd be more concerned if Razorlight were compulsory.....
Old 25 May 2023, 08:39 (Ref:4157872)   #1200
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd be more concerned if Razorlight were compulsory.....
If we find you tied to a post in the concert area before the razorlight concert we will stop by and say hello but do not expect us to stay and watch the concert with you
Closed Thread