Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Aug 2004, 23:17 (Ref:1076613)   #1
X-ecutioner
Rookie

X-ecutioner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things they say to sell a product!! Pfft!!

I get Star sports where i live, and it's the only one that airs F1 live.

I have stopped watching F1 racs this year so obviously i don't know what's goin on in the F1 world. They are airing an ad on the sports channel which airs F1 where the presenter says the following :

Quote:
"After ferrari wrapped up the constructor's title at hungary with a 1-2, it should be interesting to see which of the two ferrari drivers wins the championship this season, stay tuned for the next race in belgium, it should be another exciting race"
I think this deserves an extremely loud and scary ... DUH!!!! Even if the presenter was acting casual. Are those people mocking us F1 fans now? I mean even the most casual fans know who is gonna win the championship in the Ferrari team!! Damn! is the channel desperate after losing viewers!!?!?? or did the channel recieve some fanmail from a group of the most ignorant fans on this green earth who actually think Barrichello has a slight chance of winning the championship??? This whole scenario is making me laugh really hard....

And secondly they should look up the word "Exciting" in the dictionary!! This is another testament proving the sport is actually goin down the drain, and no i'm not jumping on any bandwagon, this is actually happening!! I've recently seen ardent F1 fans change the channel and watch a frickin cookery show in midst of a GP!!!! This never EVER happened before!

Another thing which brought my attention was a quote by Nick Harris(Moto gp commentator) where he said, "Ladies and gentlemen, you have just witnessed the amount of overtaking and excitement in the first 3 laps of a moto gp race which other forms of the sport cannot bring in the whole year." That comment made me laugh out really loud and why wouldn't it? It's actually the damn truth.
Old 24 Aug 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1076634)   #2
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes you're absolutally right X,
f1 is a steaming pile of dog t*rd being dressed up as motor racing.It is so bad that there is really little hope of it surviving.
They should drop the whole series (+ the people who 'run' it)and start again from scratch
Old 24 Aug 2004, 23:52 (Ref:1076635)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Worry not.

Bernie has a plan.

He's suspending Michael for five races.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 04:59 (Ref:1076702)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
There is nothing worse than someone reporting on a sport that they have clearly never seen.

You would at the very least think that whoever is writing it for them would have half a clue.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 06:00 (Ref:1076708)   #5
spa-eau rouge
Racer

spa-eau rouge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is real shame some journo's didn't abide by the last reply...
Old 25 Aug 2004, 06:09 (Ref:1076713)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But I think they DO have "half a clue" and that is the problem.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 06:25 (Ref:1076718)   #7
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV's plaintives of "We must re-iterate that we are seeign racing history here" seems to be the only thing they seem capable of saying after each domination we've seen this season.

Mind you I'd love a return to the BBC. MOTD the is so much better than the Premiership - I just don't think some channel can do sport and in the UK ITV's one of em.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 12:01 (Ref:1076996)   #8
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I can't believe people would waste their obviously valuable time actually writing a thread on F1 on how much it sucks at the moment. Not that it does, mind you, the battle for the minor placings is quite close. Hungary was a rare boring race. As Hungary is. And I fell asleep during the latest MotoGP as at was more processional than a Hungary GP driven behind the safety car for 70 laps.

And what are the TV presenters supposed to say: "Don't bother tuning in next race as it will be another boring Ferrari-dominated sleepathon". I don't think so.

Bring on Belgium!!
Old 25 Aug 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1077022)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly.

A TV station is a business.

You talk up your programmes to get people tuning in, not talk them down.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 12:27 (Ref:1077030)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with Skam85

X, you started a thread complaining of what people say in an promotional ad?!

Before we go further...what do you expect the promotional guys to say?
Old 25 Aug 2004, 12:53 (Ref:1077057)   #11
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, they have to defend their business, nonetheless X points out that there should be a limit due to a sense of decency.
But actually there isn't and there has never been.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1077169)   #12
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I.T.V. have adopted the strategy of inticing viwers by talking up the fight for second place in the w.d.c and the w.c.c. and ignoring the fact that M.S. is running away with the championship, but, IMO to no avail as i stil can not watch anymore than 3-4 laps of a grand Prix because by that time m.s is 7-8 secs in the lead and Rubinho is having a 2 second cusion over j.b or K.R. O.K in some cases this is not true (note Monaco) but most of the time it happens.

KB i hope you were being serious when you said Bernie is suspending Micheal
Old 25 Aug 2004, 15:06 (Ref:1077176)   #13
F40_LM
Rookie

F40_LM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that just sums up the dire situation F1 is in right now, the fact that F1 used to sell itself years ago is no more, we have to rely on half-baked ignorant commentators to tickle our interest for the next race....

and as an aside, MotoGP IS the most intense/insane/balls-out/cream-your-pants motorsport out there on the telly at the moment...i highly recommend those of us who think too highly of F1 as the PINNACLE of motorsport to take a look at the ballsy riders and their crotch rockets, seriously those guys give it all every second of a race - at least while F1 tries to pull itself out of the doldrums...I'm ranting again...
Old 25 Aug 2004, 15:52 (Ref:1077212)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ranting about crotch rockets and balls at that......
Old 25 Aug 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1077242)   #15
X-ecutioner
Rookie

X-ecutioner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Skam85
I can't believe people would waste their obviously valuable time actually writing a thread on F1 on how much it sucks at the moment. Not that it does, mind you, the battle for the minor placings is quite close. Hungary was a rare boring race. As Hungary is. And I fell asleep during the latest MotoGP as at was more processional than a Hungary GP driven behind the safety car for 70 laps.

And what are the TV presenters supposed to say: "Don't bother tuning in next race as it will be another boring Ferrari-dominated sleepathon". I don't think so.

Bring on Belgium!!
I am only trying to point out what is pretty obvious but some people don't wannna accept it. First of all in any sport people don't wanna see "Battles for minor placings", any sport interests people on the matter of who wins the top prize, not the leftovers so F1 is clearly falling behind Moto GP in ratings and viewing interest.

If you found the F1 hungarian GP more interesting than the motogp Brno race then it's your problem or might i say your opinion. That isn't gonna change the fact that moto gp this year owns F1 in terms of racing quality, excitement and competition and that is pretty evident because Moto GP is gaining fans and TV spots....and priority over F1 faaaaast!!! Since the last year two tv channels have dropped F1 like a bad habit and have started airing live Moto Gp while they only aired the taped version before. This is evidence enough i suppose.

Oh and i suppose i still can complain about F1 even though i don't watch it anymore....this way i can vent my frustration on the ultimate state of boredom the sport has reached. So i can complain to the point i like and if anyone disagrees please don't tell me to stop complaining because i don't think there's a rule which states i cannot complain. If i wanna waste my valuable time by complaining about the sport i love then so be it. Afterall i'm doing it because i miss the one thing it once had..... "Racing".
Old 25 Aug 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1077246)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Fielden

KB i hope you were being serious when you said Bernie is suspending Micheal

That was knowlesy who said that!
Old 25 Aug 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1077248)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Belgium usually is exciting, especially in the wet, so there's no reason to expect anything half as boring as Hungary. Ultiamtely, the golden rule in marketing is to emphasise the good poitns without lying, and the StarSports guys appear to have done that pretty well.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1077250)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

JUST.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 17:50 (Ref:1077275)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Belgium usually is exciting, especially in the wet, so there's no reason to expect anything half as boring as Hungary.
It won't be like Hungary (apart from the winner), however I remember the race last time they raced at Spa. It wasn't the greatest. However that is not the point. The point is to find out who is the quickest at Spa over a race distance.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 18:23 (Ref:1077294)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, the last race at Spa was a borefest, only 'enlightened' literally by the Honda detonations.

But we also had the digital feed back then so that was a bit of a relief unlike nowadays,you could just watch onboard cams all race or watch some interviews.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 25 Aug 2004 at 18:26.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 18:35 (Ref:1077297)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Onboard at Spa. *dribbles*