Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Jan 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4093283)   #1276
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Tingram, Chilton, Smiley and Hamilton it seems for Excelr8...
Given two cars were quite invisible last year, it'd be good for Excelr8 to have three solid drivers, Tingram an undeniable number one in this combination obviously but Chilton and Smiley can be consistently 'somewhere there.' And if true about Hamilton, it seems Rokit may still be sponsoring him - if so, then quite solid funding for Excelr8 given Chilton is always well-funded too.

Wonder where it leaves Butel then. Would he leave BTCC? He hasn't shown anything special...
Old 11 Jan 2022, 13:33 (Ref:4093284)   #1277
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
To add to this, the Toyota hybrid mule spent most of its year running around M-Sport's Cumbrian base with zero Speedworks involvement.
It has only run on their track once according to their noise data https://www.mec-track.co.uk/archive-data-2021
Old 11 Jan 2022, 14:21 (Ref:4093295)   #1278
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Toyota did quite well with their car last year, but only in Butcher's hands, as Smelt seemed to not have a clean break for various reasons. But the important thing is the car proved quick, but I worry they might not be able to sustain their progress this year
Old 11 Jan 2022, 14:37 (Ref:4093303)   #1279
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
With Parfitt out then? Haven't heard much regarding the Smiley / Bert Taylor 'team' of late?
There was a Twitter or Facebook post from Rick Parfitt a few days ago that could be read as though he's teaming up with Seb Morris in GT's again.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4093308)   #1280
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Given two cars were quite invisible last year, it'd be good for Excelr8 to have three solid drivers, Tingram an undeniable number one in this combination obviously but Chilton and Smiley can be consistently 'somewhere there.' And if true about Hamilton, it seems Rokit may still be sponsoring him - if so, then quite solid funding for Excelr8 given Chilton is always well-funded too.

Wonder where it leaves Butel then. Would he leave BTCC? He hasn't shown anything special...
PMR?
Old 11 Jan 2022, 15:03 (Ref:4093309)   #1281
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Toyota did quite well with their car last year, but only in Butcher's hands, as Smelt seemed to not have a clean break for various reasons. But the important thing is the car proved quick, but I worry they might not be able to sustain their progress this year
Depends if the Shedden rumours are true. Can't imagine it becoming a slouch if they have butcher and shedden in the team
Old 11 Jan 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4093321)   #1282
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Tingram, Chilton, Smiley and Hamilton it seems for Excelr8...
Nic Hamilton still has a question mark by his name in reddit, which means not yet confirmed. I still think Jack Butel is more likely to be in that fourth seat. But excellent news about Tom Chilton. Him and Smiley together would be a strong support team for Ingram's title challenge.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 21:24 (Ref:4093348)   #1283
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
At this stage of the year its also super exciting to see who will win the annual entry list competition between 962 and crmalcolm. Always a close and bitter race between the two longtime great mates. My money is on 962 this year who got a headstart but crmalcolm refuses to give in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I can see the Table Wars is the unique selling point for this forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
both are useful tools and their lists are handy as well. keep working on them chaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
But really, is it all just a big pantomime act for the fans, a la Neal and Plato?

Old 11 Jan 2022, 22:57 (Ref:4093358)   #1284
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm old enough to remember the proper fornatted tables using bbcode.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 23:33 (Ref:4093361)   #1285
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I'm old enough to remember the proper fornatted tables using bbcode.
Oh, the things we mourn from the past.

Less than a year ago....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The number of ?s continues to fall…..
TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Power MaxedVauxhall AstraPlatoConfirmed in press release
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra???Confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8CammishConfirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8Shedden/Neal?Confirmed in press release, Neal talked about options away from racing and trying to get a deal for Flash
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGoffConfirmed in press release
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGeddieConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra LeonTaylor-SmithConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra Leon???Confirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50MoffatConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50SuttonConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50BoardleyConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330iMorganConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330iChiltonConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30SmileyConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30ButelConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars (Ginsters?)Hyundai i30Ingram?Confirmed in press release - Ingram rumoured in press
EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars (Ginsters?)Hyundai i30???Confirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue SquareFord FocusHillConfirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue SquareFord FocusO.Jackson?Rumours of car/driver connected to Motorbase/Hollamby
Motorbase (AmD)Ford FocusNeate? Confirmed in press release
Motorbase (AmD)Ford FocusOsborne? Confirmed in press release – Osborne family involved with purchase of team
WSRBMW 330iJelley?Reported as considering a move away from Parker
WSRBMW 330iOliphant?Reported in motorsport.com as a confirmed 3-car entry
WSRBMW 330i???Reported in motorsport.com as a confirmed 3-car entry
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8CookConfirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8Crees Confirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8Edwards Confirmed in press release
SpeedworksToyota CorollaButcher?Confirmed in press article
SpeedworksToyota CorollaSmelt?Confirmed in press article

Likely Entries   
??????RowbottomIn this very thread from the driver!
??????ProctorTalk of ‘deal being done’

Possible Entries   
??????Parfitt JrPublicising an attempt to be on the grid

Entries with doubt   
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8???Intention for 3rd car reported in MN - depending on TBL

All entries could be marked '*' due to COVID   
Old 12 Jan 2022, 08:49 (Ref:4093376)   #1286
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Given that his entire racing career so far has been funded by everyone except his brother, I don't think that's going to happen.

Clearly the name helps, but Nic is his own man in terms of sponsorship.
Absolutely. The lad fiercely stands on his own two feet (pun kind of intended and he really does make very determined efforts to use his aids as little as possible). I'm absolutely sure Lewis or dad Anthony would financially assist but Nic has always politely made clear he's doing stuff on his own or not at all.

Team wise I thought he was away from HARD for this past year, but not the case.

And sponsors sometimes back multiple entries... just count the RCIB sponsor stickers from a few years back. Half the field would be an exaggeration, but you get my drift
Old 12 Jan 2022, 08:56 (Ref:4093377)   #1287
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
And sponsors sometimes back multiple entries... just count the RCIB sponsor stickers from a few years back.

We regularly see the same sponsor backing different teams / drivers on the grid, so no reason why it shouldn't continue.

Duo was another one I recall where the logo could be seen in many different locations.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 12:01 (Ref:4093397)   #1288
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might get a flurry of announcements within the next week or so as this coming weekend was supposed to be the autosport show. Unless teams have rescheduled of course.

Speedworks were due to announce this week and possibly something out of ExcelR8.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4093407)   #1289
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/teamhardracing/s...160199174?s=21

Silhouette busting time!

One on the left Mitchell, one on the right Smelt? Although the latter reminded me a bit of Jelley or even Lloyd (hope not.)

Of course, they could be just random silhouettes from the internet!
Old 12 Jan 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4093408)   #1290
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
actually that reveals 2 extra drivers while HARD have only 3 TBL, guess the 4th comes from Boardley
Old 12 Jan 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4093421)   #1291
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...initi/7218171/

Autosport article stating Ricky Collard is aiming for a return, potentially with Laser Tools, which would be great!

Crees linked with Ciceley, among three others...!
Old 12 Jan 2022, 14:55 (Ref:4093422)   #1292
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now we know were the Boardley TBL went , one to HARD and one to Aiden Moffat

12 drivers confirmed and 20 still unknown

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbotten
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ???
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Michael Crees ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Senna Proctor ??

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington ?
BMW 330 - WSR - Sthephen Jelley ??
BMW 330 - WSR (Rokit) - Jake Hill

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan

BMW 330 - Ciceley - ????

Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Jack Butel ?

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Ash Sutton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Aron Taylor Smith

Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????
Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Dexter Patterson

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Ricky Collard ???

Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - ????
Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - ????

Last edited by porsche962fan; 12 Jan 2022 at 15:02.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 15:52 (Ref:4093430)   #1293
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Ricky can sort something out, be good to see him get a full season. As for Crees in a BMW, the less said the better.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4093431)   #1294
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Hopefully Ricky can sort something out, be good to see him get a full season. As for Crees in a BMW, the less said the better.
Greatly agree on both points!

Still hoping we'll get a couple of the MINI front runners 'graduating'.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 16:06 (Ref:4093433)   #1295
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
As for Crees in a BMW, the less said the better.
IIRC - his last time in RWD machinery was fairly successful?

Given the comments from Ciceley and Crees, that looks like the most likely destination for him at the moment.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 16:08 (Ref:4093434)   #1296
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I think you should take Michael Crees out of BTC; the Jade Edwards comment was probably referring to him returning to the BTCC, not the team. I suspect the four teams he is in discussion with are Ciceley, HARD, Laser Tools and PMR. Although he said on Instagram that he already had a drive
Old 12 Jan 2022, 16:16 (Ref:4093437)   #1297
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
IIRC - his last time in RWD machinery was fairly successful?
In the Am category though, a long way off the pros.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4093438)   #1298
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to see Collard in an Infiniti. Disappointed he hasn't already completed at least 1 full season in the BTCC and thunk he'd be most at home in RWD machinery.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 17:41 (Ref:4093454)   #1299
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think you should take Michael Crees out of BTC; the Jade Edwards comment was probably referring to him returning to the BTCC, not the team. I suspect the four teams he is in discussion with are Ciceley, HARD, Laser Tools and PMR. Although he said on Instagram that he already had a drive
My speculation about Crees's done deal could be PreMatuRe.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4093481)   #1300
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Greatly agree on both points!

Still hoping we'll get a couple of the MINI front runners 'graduating'.
If they do graduate and turn out to be no higher than 20th all-year, will you slag them off like you do with everyone else who is not meeting your high standards?