Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Jul 2002, 19:07 (Ref:327230)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
When is the Zanardi special?

When is the 1/2-hour long Zanardi interview being aired? I thought it was supposed to be Friday, July 5, but I cannot find anything about it in SpeedVision's website. I have to work all afternoon and must make sure that the VCR is set!
Old 4 Jul 2002, 19:29 (Ref:327240)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was on last Sunday.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 12:58 (Ref:327672)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I think that what we saw last Sunday were just excerpts from the interview. There may be more of these "previews" on "CART Friday Night" on July 5, 9:30PM ET.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe more footage will be shot at Toronto, including reunions between Alex and former team-mates, and that the entire interview will be aired sometime after the Molson Indy.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 14:10 (Ref:327733)   #4
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check Speed News this Sunday at 7:00 p.m. I believe the full interview will be shown then.

Ted
Old 6 Jul 2002, 16:22 (Ref:328248)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Turned out the 1/2-hour special was aired on Friday at 9:30 afterall. Thankfully I had the VCR set just in case. Did anybody else see the interview? Zanardi spoke very openly and honestly. One thing he hasn't lost is his sense of humour!

Incredibly heartwarming interview. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT! ...but I don't know when it's going to be rebroadcast.

Zanardi did mention that he still has the desire to race in lower formulae. But when Varsha asked him his feelings toward his son becoming a racer, Zanardi was upfront in explaining that he did not want that to happen.

Last edited by macdaddy; 6 Jul 2002 at 16:25.
Old 7 Jul 2002, 10:44 (Ref:328570)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What he said in that interview was quite similar to what we heard in the press conference, only we got more jokes. Zanardi is a REAL champion.

Someone said last night that adversity doesn't build character, it reveals character. Compare Tracy's graceful response to being cheated out of the Indy 500 win, Zanardi's incredible response to his circumstances, and TGF's behaviour from Austria forward ... and tell me what a champion really is!
Old 7 Jul 2002, 11:06 (Ref:328586)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw an interview with Zanardi by Leigh Diffey today on RPM. Quite good, still full of jokes....