Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Dec 2019, 02:39 (Ref:3947655)   #1
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2020 Nascar Big 3

What's old is new again.

Busch Clash is back.
Old 16 Jan 2020, 20:36 (Ref:3951988)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Xfinity Series will use the Indianapolis road course.
Old 19 Jan 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3952336)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Nascar Cup Series full-season drivers:

Chevrolet

o- Hendrick: #48 Jimmie Johnson, #9 Chase Elliott, #24 William Byron, #88 Alex Bowman.
o- Childress: #3 Austin Dillon, #8 Tyler Reddick.
o- Ganassi: #1 Kurt Busch, #42 Kyle Larson.
o- JTG Daugherty: #37 Ryan Preece, #47 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
o- Germain: #13 Ty Dillon.
o- Premium: #15 Brennan Poole (R).
o- Petty: #43 Bubba Wallace.
o- Starcom: #00 Quin Houff.

Ford

o- Penske: #2 Brad Keselowski, #22 Joey Logano, #12 Ryan Blaney.
o- Stewart-Haas: #4 Kevin Harvick, #10 Aric Almirola, #14 Clint Bowyer, #41 Cole Custer (R).
o- Roush Fenway: #6 Ryan Newman, #17 Chris Buescher.
o- Front Row: #34 Michael McDowell, #38 JH Nemecheck (R).
o- Go Fas: #32 Corey LaJoie.
o- Wood Brothers #21 Matt DiBenedetto.

Toyota

o- Gibbs: #11 Denny Hamlin, #18 Kyle Busch, #19 Martin Truex, #20 Erik Jones.
o- Leavine: #95 Christopher Bell (R).

That's 32 entries.
Old 23 Jan 2020, 07:59 (Ref:3952873)   #4
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I'm looking forward to this season more than any in a while... mostly I think as I've really enjoyed watching the racing between Bell, Custer and Reddick in xfinity. All three are exciting to watch, hope they'll settle in well to Cup and give the more experienced guys a good fight.

Last few seasons the number of really talented drivers/ guys capable of winning seems to have reduced unless that's my imagination? Or is it just if you're not running for Gibbs, Penske or SHR then most of the time the cars aren't quite good enough?
Old 25 Jan 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3953305)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So I couple of Christmases ago, my comic book kids got me this. Just gave it look the other day...

And check out this ad. I want it!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3954085)   #6
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
28mph. Cool! That's two of us. Bet they've sold out!
Old 6 Feb 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3956145)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it appears the board is hopping with excitement for the 500 qualifying this weekend. Actually have more entries than slots so apparently a few are going home this year, 43 entries for 40 spots.

And wow has the sponsorship fallen. No more Gatorade 125s, but apparently that's been gone a LONG time and I feel old. But really NASCAR, a time share group now? Introducing the BlueGreen Vacations Duel.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 07:26 (Ref:3956207)   #8
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, quite a bit of hype, being non Stateside sponsors I'm unfamiliar with is usual for me, but at this rate it'll soon be The Daytona 500 sponsored by Uncle Bucks News and Liquor Store (situated behind Jim Frances ego).

I guess a number of these entries will turn out to be start and parks... hoping to get some attention and a sponsorship along the way.

I think a Chevy is going to win again, for whatever reason that seems to be a thing at the 500. Chase, or maybe a fitting swansong for Ryan Newman - he was getting better and better as 2019 progressed.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3956813)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like the Clash was a hot mess.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 20:23 (Ref:3956843)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
See for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5fswzSrUx0
Old 10 Feb 2020, 21:59 (Ref:3956862)   #11
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
For "professional" drivers I sure as heck wouldn't get in a cab if they were driving.

Logano pointlessly blocking like a dick which ended his and his teammates chances. Ryan Newman seemed to have forgotten that he was in a car at a restart. Had NASCAR fitted electro magnets in some cars and a chap in race control was having fun with on/ off switches?

Seriously though, NASCAR needs a proper rule to prevent blocking. One move and one move only. Two moves = parked for the race plus a substantial penalty.

I don't normally agree with Brad K, but he was mad enough at one point last year to say the next guy who blocked him was getting wrecked; I think the lad is spot on right and good on him.

On yesterday's form the 500 will be a repeat of some idiot throwing a block causing a big accident. Sort it NASCAR. Even F1 sorted that...
Old 11 Feb 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3956938)   #12
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Nascar doesn't want to prevent pileups, on the contrary.
Old 13 Feb 2020, 20:19 (Ref:3957513)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Serious question: Does this appeal to the fans?
(I skipped through the 15 minute video out of boredom. Was the entire race like the end?)
Old 13 Feb 2020, 22:54 (Ref:3957528)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Serious question: Does this appeal to the fans?
(I skipped through the 15 minute video out of boredom. Was the entire race like the end?)
I mean. Numbers don't lie (not sure what those are) but the plate races still seem to be the ones that get the most hype.

I don't have a pulse on nascar fans much these days.
Old 14 Feb 2020, 00:18 (Ref:3957536)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Holy crap Logano is an actual idiot and needs to be dumped EVERY race. He blocked AFTER a car got passed him last week. That's what gets people killed. It's not an overstatement, people have died on this track but I guess he's forgotten that.

Apparently Nascar also thinks a 7pm green flag means 7ish and now rain
Old 14 Feb 2020, 00:56 (Ref:3957540)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Holy crap Logano is an actual idiot and needs to be dumped EVERY race. He blocked AFTER a car got passed him last week. That's what gets people killed. It's not an overstatement, people have died on this track but I guess he's forgotten that.

Apparently Nascar also thinks a 7pm green flag means 7ish and now rain
Didn't see the incident but the SAFER barriers have taken a lot of the fear out NASCAR.

I've forgotten the 150s are going on ATM, Or maybe they're not.
Old 14 Feb 2020, 01:02 (Ref:3957541)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I didn't realize they were until I was flipping through after a great Simpsons (Stonecutters) episode. Saw a couple replays from last week and that "block" was not ok.
And yes, it's still wet there so racing in to tomorrow I'm thinking. Especially with last week's stupidity, think cautions will be common this evening
Old 14 Feb 2020, 02:18 (Ref:3957546)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Not having watched a plate race in a couple years, it's GARBAGE racing. Absolute garbage racing, it's 100% who's check cleared first. Multiple drivers could have passed the piece of crap and they just kept pushing him instead but I guess you can't wreck him or he'll cry. And almost every driver is in lock step with the manufacturer like it's DTM. Wasted evening and should have read instead, not watching race 2.
Old 15 Feb 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3957756)   #19
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Holy crap Logano is an actual idiot
Yep, totally agree.

I think some of todays drivers think they're indestructible. They're not, they're just better protected than drivers of yesteryear. Protection can, and will, fail. I hope sense gets into thick skulls before another driver is badly injured or killed.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 20:14 (Ref:3957851)   #20
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Trump PR machine sure is in full swing today, lol.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3957852)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching NASCAR, reducing the tedium by playing a football board game...
Old 16 Feb 2020, 20:48 (Ref:3957854)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't take another driver interview.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 21:42 (Ref:3957859)   #23
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another rain delay. It's a shame the Great American Race, The Manufacturer Alliance Single-File 500, has Mother Nature working against it today.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 22:09 (Ref:3957862)   #24
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Looking at weather, it looks like a day of showers rolling through.

Fortunately, we have a replay to watch complete with 'boggity, boggity, boggity.'
Old 16 Feb 2020, 23:55 (Ref:3957871)   #25
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Well at least that weasel Slogano can't wreck anyone with a block whilst they're parked up getting mildly moist!