Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:21 (Ref:923078)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wallace, Lammers and the Dome.

With the RfH Domes only getting one entry (and a reserved entry) what does this mean for Wallace?

Lammers probably needs two pay drivers and now he can get only has two seats to sell will this push Wallace out of the team?
If so where else would he go?

I guess Lammers won't sell him seat too. Most of the backing must come because he drives too.

He seems quite annoyed in a DSC interview I read and it doesn't look good for the reserve even if it is accepted later...

Any ideas?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:32 (Ref:923092)   #2
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Andy Wallace could still pay a bit of money for a seat, its not like he doesn't know Lammers...

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:39 (Ref:923109)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Lammers has also said that by only getting a single car entry that "he" himself might not be driving the car buz of money issues ! I hope thats not true . As for the other drivers , I would suggest that money is important to RfH now . I cant see Wallace in the car now , thats a huge shame !!!

Stick Wallace in the Rollcenter Dallara , he tested it too but I think it was as a favour only ?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:43 (Ref:923113)   #4
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes that is correct but I see no reason why he couldn't do Le Mans with the team.

That would be exciting!

Last edited by Duffacus; 29 Mar 2004 at 17:43.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 29 Mar 2004, 18:10 (Ref:923147)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
From what Lammers said , Wallace was the lead driver for the second car . Maybe he already has two bods signed up for his first car , with wedge !
Old 29 Mar 2004, 18:11 (Ref:923149)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would not suprise me at all if we see Mr A Wallace driving the RfH Dome at Le Mans this year. Only time will tell of course.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 18:43 (Ref:923181)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

I hope your correct !!!
Old 29 Mar 2004, 19:01 (Ref:923211)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If there's a chance Andy hasn't got a drive, someone with a decent car should snap him up immediately. He's far too good to be left wanting a drive...... It would be a great shame if the one RFH car (and I don't see them with any chance of getting a second car in now) was rendered an also-ran by having to run a couple of pay drivers.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 19:16 (Ref:923231)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

Wouldn't it just !!!
Old 29 Mar 2004, 19:36 (Ref:923245)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
If there's a chance Andy hasn't got a drive, someone with a decent car should snap him up immediately.
I agree, although Ortelli didn't drive last year, so it is possible for the names and the talents to be left out!

I'm sure Lammers will more than likely drive his own car ( ), but it is a shame that his full plans won't come to fruition.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 05:57 (Ref:923591)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
It'll be a good lesson to ACO to have paying drivers in the RFH Dome, just to show that their policy leads nowhere...

They know indeed that those private teams need money : Henri could be forced to do the same in one of his cars...
Old 30 Mar 2004, 07:14 (Ref:923616)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A very sad state of affairs......
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:36 (Ref:923788)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It is interesting that restricting number of cars for a team can actually reduce the number of 'professional' race drivers rather than limit the 'pay' drivers.

Whatever, surely RfH team warrants two entries?
Old 30 Mar 2004, 12:03 (Ref:923882)   #14
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
guys, it's a sad news but i don't know much about the background so any info would be nice. RFH is only have one entry now instead of two, has it all to do with ACO's politics?
Old 30 Mar 2004, 12:23 (Ref:923895)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 12:33 (Ref:923905)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You're very succinct with your posts today Ayse
Old 30 Mar 2004, 13:14 (Ref:923944)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TerryC
guys, it's a sad news but i don't know much about the background so any info would be nice. RFH is only have one entry now instead of two, has it all to do with ACO's politics?
Basically the ACO accepted 1 entry from RfH and gave them 1 reserve entry in 4th place . For the reserve car to get in 5 other cars would have to pull out . Lammers has said that he cannot afford to test any of the drivers for the reserve car on the off chance that it might not get in . So he has pulled his reserve entry !!! He had Wallace down to lead the second car . Considering what support RfH has given to sportscar racing over the last few years and its performance at last years 24 hours , a lot of us on this forum feel a little upset abou that , to say the least
Old 30 Mar 2004, 21:14 (Ref:924463)   #18
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's all not forget that having a second car not only gives the opportunity to have two more paying drivers, but it also costs a lot of money to let this second car run. Let's assume running a second car costs as much money as two paying drivers bring, then he's lost nothing but the honour to compete with two cars. Nothing financial I mean.....

What IS a problem is that (IF Andy isn't a paying driver) Jan will have a shortage of 1 paying driver. That will make the assumption acceptable that either himself or Andy won't drive.....but let's not hope so. Jan NOT driving himself is something I won't believe...let's see.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 05:29 (Ref:924781)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
You Dutch fans should show a demonstration's banner in June : "Bring back RFH cars !", or so...
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:55 (Ref:924894)   #20
EliseGT1
Racer

Hahaha, you're right Fab !!!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:59 (Ref:924897)   #21
EliseGT1
Racer

Maybe the RfH cars became too big a threat for Pescarolo Sport cars. The ACO seems to overprotect Pesca. I think it is nice too see the ACO's support for Pescarolo, but aren't Pesca and RfH very similar in what they meant to sportscar racing, their budgets etc? Why not give them the same credits/chances and give them both 1 or both 2 cars.....

p.s. is it right that Jan now pulled back his reserve entry?

Last edited by EliseGT1; 31 Mar 2004 at 08:01.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 12:57 (Ref:925175)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
You won't believe me, but I was at the circuit yesterday, and I met one of the "board" member ; he seemed on the rush and with an "harsh" face... I just said "Hello Mr ******" to stop him, and tried to ask him why they didn't keep both of the RFH Domes... He didn't appreciate my question, and with a gesture said "Oh" (like saying "this question again !") and jumped in his car...

I don't know about Pescarolo protection... it may be... will we know one day ?

Last edited by Fab; 31 Mar 2004 at 13:00.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 12:58 (Ref:925179)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by EliseGT1
p.s. is it right that Jan now pulled back his reserve entry?
WHAT ? The last hope we had ? Oh no !
Old 31 Mar 2004, 13:12 (Ref:925199)   #24
EliseGT1
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
WHAT ? The last hope we had ? Oh no !
I don't know this, but I thought I saw it somewhere (don't know where anymore). That's why I asked.....don't hope so though
Old 31 Mar 2004, 13:12 (Ref:925203)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Jan said that it wasn't possible to just wait and wait.

Amongst other things he wanted to give the drivers time in the car, but he couldn't afford to unless they were going to Le Mans. And it would be too late by the time he found out.

It is something that I have always wondered about. Reserve entries must always be tricky when it comes to budget and logistics.