Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Oct 2006, 07:37 (Ref:1751732)   #51
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Terry, its not rocket science. You go to www.fia.com, across the header bar you click on Sport, that gives your four options, you choose Regulations, that gives you a page with a panel on the right hand side, select Historic Racing Championships and hey presto.
Maybe you've exhausted your pigeon.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 07:39 (Ref:1751733)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
That would involve changing the rear axle and the front hubs,a wire wheel axle is wider than bolt on.
Knock on Minilites? I've got them on my MGB.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1751738)   #53
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hall
Come on Terry, its not rocket science. You go to www.fia.com, across the header bar you click on Sport, that gives your four options, you choose Regulations, that gives you a page with a panel on the right hand side, select Historic Racing Championships and hey presto.
Maybe you've exhausted your pigeon.
Been there --it did,nt work!!
Old 28 Oct 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1751743)   #54
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Knock on Minilites? I've got them on my MGB.
FIA ?.The mass of the hub assemby negates the rim weight saving.Ihave tried the different combo,s, thats why I stayed with the wires Peter.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1751754)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1751763)   #56
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Jeremy,I just tried yet againto get into the FIA Regs, all I got was ,encountered problem ,need to close.Any other Ideas?
Old 28 Oct 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1751944)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

First of all, many thanks for the E-mail Jeremy,I needed something to read!Esper,Im sorry, you are absolutly correct with you engine sizing,I cant think why I got it so wrong, but anyway after checking out the figures,1.2mm gives a capacity of1853.6,1mm gives 1843. Sorry for any confusion,in my defence Iwill say I,ve been strugling with flu all week,but Im off of the medication now!
Old 28 Oct 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1752125)   #58
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
First of all, many thanks for the E-mail Jeremy,I needed something to read!Esper,Im sorry, you are absolutly correct with you engine sizing,I cant think why I got it so wrong, but anyway after checking out the figures,1.2mm gives a capacity of1853.6,1mm gives 1843. Sorry for any confusion,in my defence Iwill say I,ve been strugling with flu all week,but Im off of the medication now!
Terence , you gave me some moments...................... 1920 my engine........................
and to the shelby daytona.............if I buy a 289 AC . and then make my Dayrona.................tahts the way they did it in 63/64 so wheres the problem??????
Old 28 Oct 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1752127)   #59
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
But Terence then remember your 144 hp (don't know if you mean real imperial hp 144) But I never got to that!!!! But horsepower is no isue, we talk laptimes!!!!!
Old 29 Oct 2006, 04:45 (Ref:1752364)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Esper ,I mentioned the engine sizing for Simon,he did ask why the car at Spa is so quick,basicly it was not legal for many reasons,not just the big engine. The susspension, is also pretty trick on the rear end, and a B thats set up will i belive out handle a Cortina.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 05:06 (Ref:1752367)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
The susspension, is also pretty trick on the rear end, and a B thats set up will i belive out handle a Cortina.
No doubt. Not least because it is lower and the heavy bits, like the battery etc are in the right places.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 07:08 (Ref:1752402)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Absolutely,at least the battery SHOULD be in the right place.!Not stuck up where the heater used to live,because if it lived where it should,------

Last edited by terence; 29 Oct 2006 at 07:11.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1752684)   #63
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
presumably the quick MGB passed scrutineering at Spa so apart from the
engine the obvious things must be within the letter of the law?
Old 29 Oct 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1752702)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Like that Fairlane? I think Jeremy has explained that the deal is effectivley based upon trust and only if there's a technicality or query/protest would a car be scrutineered with the FTC. (Fine Toothed comb).
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:31 (Ref:1752781)   #65
bwatt
Rookie

bwatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
a wire wheel axle is wider than bolt on.
Narrower, surely ?.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1752825)   #66
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Esper ,I mentioned the engine sizing for Simon,he did ask why the car at Spa is so quick,basicly it was not legal for many reasons,not just the big engine. The susspension, is also pretty trick on the rear end, and a B thats set up will i belive out handle a Cortina.
the battery was not removed for balancing the weight on the wheels .then the origional place or bppt would be a better place...............A frame or??????????
Old 29 Oct 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1752827)   #67
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
till 67, that was on the "C",same as the front brake cooling ducts in the front vallence,Jeremy once ticked my papers for that,I then changed back to a steel panel,judging the cars at spa, I wasted time and money!![/QUOTE] I had that feeling years ago........................look at all the pics of my B to 1998 standard steel front valance!!!!!!
Old 29 Oct 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1752830)   #68
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
MGB bolt on rear axcle is wider than knock on. so modifie a bolt on with knock on hubs and you gain an inch or so. but can easily detected by wide wheelarches you will have to make then.

And the discussion about wire wheels . If you have real minilites magnesium they are lighter if you talk about knock on minilites, all the rest is heavier. but the choice is bolt on minilites. On an mgb I would stick to wires!!!!!! (from a historical point of view (DRX255 view)
An on my grantura? It raced 20 years in the States with gold minilite lookalikes (American racing wheels in magnesium), so thats why it still has those kind of wheels but now it has Compomotive .
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1752843)   #69
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatt
Narrower, surely ?.
Sorryfor that,your right.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1752850)   #70
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I think that in an ideal world, scrutineering bays would havea 4 post lift, then perhaps some of these cars would be put back onto their trailers.If you fit the bolt on hubs Esper, you then land up with a rear track thats illegal,its a nice idea though,[I hope Jeremy not present].When did you get the Front valence treatment,about 5yrs ago?.As for the rear suspension, word has it that its height adjustable,that is ,single handed opporation!!!! As for the wheel situation Im not sure if minilights were actually homologated for"Bs",I know they were on TVRs, and of course they look right to.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 30 Oct 2006 at 05:33. Reason: corrected image tags.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1752860)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Esper, is your TVR a works car?? Yes, "Bs" do look better on wires, I spent a small fortune on obtaining the correct dark brown primer for mine.Theres a picture on my site.

Last edited by terence; 29 Oct 2006 at 17:41.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1752869)   #72
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Esper, is your TVR a works car?? Yes, "Bs" do look better on wires, I spent a small fortune on obtaining the correct dark brown primer for mine.Theres a picture on my site.
No sadly enough no!! its a normal car which was rebuild by Bill Spohn of Vancouver Canada in the early 80ties of last century. It still has the origional frame. Bill did a lot of work to - free the frame- so the body can be lifted up. I once thought -why not make a chromo TIG welded frame amd some real dutch trick shocks- , but where are we going then!!!! lots of money for just less than a second.
We always discuss technical matters but never the connection between steering wheel and pedals.
Most historical racers barely touch 12 hours behind the wheel a year.
Look at a talented guy like Martin Stretton, apart from being talented count the hours he is driving yearly...............................(Lets make an item on the connection between steering wheel and pedals!!!!!!!!)
Old 29 Oct 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1752892)   #73
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
A new thread on driving tecniques maybe?
Old 29 Oct 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1752905)   #74
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
A new thread on driving tecniques maybe?
or how do they do it, the Stretons , Hales Whizzos etc etc
one other thing can't open the pics you mentioned (the mclarenised mgb rear suspension ) and your website has a frontpage and?
Old 29 Oct 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1752920)   #75
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm happy to open a new thread on the driving techniques of Stretton, Hales, Whizzo, Hadfield, Schryver, Hardman and others, including one of my favourites, the recently retired pedaller, 'young' Wille Green, if you can actually discuss it, what makes them special behind the wheel and illustrate it with pics to show these techniques!