Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Feb 2006, 02:12 (Ref:1517714)   #1
Tf105
Rookie

Barbados
Tf105 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who Tires First

Bridgestone or Michelin... who will dominate this year.. what are your predictions... which will have the most race wins... the most faults.. which team will best utilize their respective tires....??

mine:
Bridgestone with most race wins... with the teams sharing data and helping each other and bridgeston i can only assume success... these teams include Ferrari/Williams = Experience - having 7 time WCC dont account for nothing, Toyota/Midland = Everything to Gain Nothing to loose = Midland soon can be considered a Toyota B-Team sharing both engine and tires data collected between them both is vital to bridgestone.

Most faults... hopefully there would be none.. tire faults are known to cause fiascos .

I see toyota using their tyres well... with all the testing they've been doing it' like they learning to walk all over again... and they'll be ready to run(pun intended) time march.
Old 8 Feb 2006, 05:04 (Ref:1517786)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe that Michelin is maintaining a slide edge in terms of tyre performance so far, with Renault and Honda both putting consistent and quick pace over many laps.

Given Toyota's resources though, i believe Bridgestone can benefit from more testings if the need require. However, comparing BS teams vs Michelin teams, I believe Michelin wll be capable of holding thier own.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 05:58 (Ref:1520699)   #3
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's interesting that in testing, the teams on top seem to be on Michelins, when Bridgestone have been predicted to fight back this year. Which I'm sure they will, but Michelin tyres look as good as they were last season. Hopefully they won't fall apart at Indy this time though.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1520914)   #4
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michelin are looking good, but Bridgestone will end on top I reckons. Bridgestone will keep putting in development work - whatever happens, imo Michelin will still have some advantages (eg climates where they run better) but B'stone won't be too far behind.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1520952)   #5
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least this year, in theory no-one should blame the tyres for poor performance, ie. ferrari
Old 15 Feb 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1523444)   #6
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how ferrari will go this season with bridgestone supplying other giant teams such as williams and toyota. I think its fair to say that ferrari have had things there own way in the tyre department over the last number of years. At the moment the michelin tyres are posting some quick laps. If ferrari are still testing 7 days a week then you would have to put the bridgestones way out front.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1523469)   #7
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota has car issues right now. The new car has more flip ups and appendages than anything I've seen in awhile. I doubt they have a car consistnet enough to give accurate and valuable info to BS. Ferrari at the moment seem to be near the pointed end of the field. They are BS's best chance. They always have been. Unfortunately, its them against Renault, Honda Maclaren.

I dont see BS being the better tire at all. Maybe for Ferrari but not for the rest of the field.