Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 26 May 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1619525)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
News On Rahal That I haven't Seen Noted...

Last week, the Indy Star noted that Rahal would continue to run the Panoz at Indy, but that they would race Dallaras starting with Texas...

Looks like It'll be an all-Dallara series now, except for the road course races where some will still race the Panoz chassis

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 26 May 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1619528)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what a shame
Old 26 May 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1619536)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So does this mean Panoz are likely to leave at the end of the year, espcially as they will on be used twice again this season and next year are supplying the whole of Champ Car?
Old 26 May 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1619566)   #4
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, it's still a legal chassis, so expect one-off teams to continue using it in the Indy 500.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1629255)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim's outline was right, at Texas there'll be only Dallaras.
I hope Rahal can get better results on ovals.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1629269)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
Tim's outline was right, at Texas there'll be only Dallaras.
I hope Rahal can get better results on ovals.
I'm absolutely positive they will, especially after a few races when they have gotten some experience with the Dallara.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we see an improvement in performance at Texas already.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1629295)   #7
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panoz is building all of the Champ Car chasis next year, so you can see where their focus right now is.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1629313)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
be nice to see a panoz champ car in the Indy 500 (ducks)
Old 7 Jun 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1629316)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
I'm absolutely positive they will, especially after a few races when they have gotten some experience with the Dallara.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we see an improvement in performance at Texas already.
Doubt it. I'm sure they are focusing all their work currently on the '07 Champ Car...
Old 7 Jun 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1629335)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's like the Reynard in Champ Car. It couldn't match the Lola (albeit for different reasons) and it was dropped by all, one by one.

We can only hope Panoz returns to Indy full-time, if and when the merger happens.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1629344)   #11
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Doubt it. I'm sure they are focusing all their work currently on the '07 Champ Car...
So.. why would Team Rahal-Letterman be working on the Panoz Champ Car, which, as far as I know, no team even in Champ Car has gotten access to yet?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1629366)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
You know the dp 01 will be unvieled to the public at the your favourite race, the San Jose Grand Prix.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1629367)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
It's like the Reynard in Champ Car. It couldn't match the Lola (albeit for different reasons) and it was dropped by all, one by one.

We can only hope Panoz returns to Indy full-time, if and when the merger happens.
The Reynards still had an advantage at the street races...
Old 7 Jun 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1629486)   #14
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Reynard is technically still legal. In fact Team Australia has them listed for sale on their website something like $750000 gets you 3 complete chassis, 1 incomplete tub, a stack of test data, a pile of spare parts, and the intellectual property rights to the chassis' design.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 06:37 (Ref:1629709)   #15
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are you so sure there will be a 07 Champ car?

Given we already are in june 2006, and there's still no trace of the Panoz 2007 C-C chassis, I'm increasingly doubtful about the future of KK' one-winner series....
Old 8 Jun 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1629710)   #16
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
So.. why would Team Rahal-Letterman be working on the Panoz Champ Car, which, as far as I know, no team even in Champ Car has gotten access to yet?

Spot on rusty.

Look at my previous post.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 06:52 (Ref:1629715)   #17
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes
Old 8 Jun 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1629755)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:

Given we already are in june 2006, and there's still no trace of the Panoz 2007 C-C chassis, I'm increasingly doubtful about the future of KK' one-winner series....
Quote:
You know the dp 01 will be unvieled to the public at the your favourite race, the San Jose Grand Prix.
What you trying to say Climb?
Old 8 Jun 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1629813)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
That still doesn't explain why Team Rahal-Letterman would be focusing on a new car in a championship they are not even racing in.

IndyCar will have five races leading up to the San Jose weekend (six if you include the race at Michigan which is held the same weekend) - are you telling me Team Rahal-Letterman wouldn't get comfortable with the Dallara and learn a lot about the chassi in order to improve their performance in that time?

Also, does the unveiling at San Jose mean the Champ Car teams get access to the new car and can start testing with it?

Lastly, no, I most certainly do not like San Jose. But hey, it can't be worse than last year
Old 8 Jun 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1630116)   #20
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps what luke meant was that Panoz is focusing on the DP01.

Since Rahal is switching to Dallaras for ovals, I'd expect them to focus on the Dallaras right now.

BTW, the DP01 build continues. The last I heard (about two weeks ago) it was still on target, although the merger talks had caused them to look at some revisions - which they've now stopped looking at for the initial release of the car.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Jun 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1630135)   #21
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Perhaps what luke meant was that Panoz is focusing on the DP01.
Possibly, but Luke still has yet to explain what that has to do with Team Rahal-Letterman and their switch to Dallara, which my post was all about and to which Luke replied.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 06:12 (Ref:1630372)   #22
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
What you trying to say Climb?
Just tow personal feelings:
1) Panoz car could be still not ready for the 2007 season offstart.
2) C-C could be not so angry about that, cos they might shut up shop.
(I'm not saying I'd like that to happen, let's get that straight,but the more time goes by, the less I see a future for C-C)