Pembrey 0 0%
Silverstone Stowe 1 1.82%
Snetterton 5 9.09%
Mallory 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:23 (Ref:634119)   #1
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Busy Weekend

Well, we all said it'd happen, and sadly now it has, with the cancellation of the meeting at Cadwell this weekend.

I was just thinking about conducting a poll on 10-10ths to see where our number are going this weekend, and see if this is an accurate reflection of the overall numbers at each cicuit. I'll be interested to hear back after the weekend what the manning levels were like wherever you were.

Cheers

Jon

PS - I've had to leave off Mondello and Knockhill as you're only allowed 10 options on the vote (Kinda highlights the issue really )

PPS I'll see those at Combe

PPPS Obviously I haven't included speed events either, but I believe there are some major ones too this weekend

Last edited by Marshal; 17 Jun 2003 at 12:33.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:33 (Ref:634137)   #2
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've already had two sets of tickets for different meetings this weekend that I haven't volunteered for because they obviously need people.
Also every weekend there is always more than one meeting I'd like to go to but haven't worked out how to split myself into two yet to go to different places - although it would certainly mean I'd look considerably slimmer!!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:37 (Ref:634145)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off to Combe, but I doubt this circuit will struggle for people (famous last words!!)
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:47 (Ref:634160)   #4
jamo
Rookie

Wales
Stoke on Trent
jamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trading the organge probans for 3-layer nomex this weekend, racing Fiesta Zetec at Mallory Park.

Great shame about Cadwell, somewhat of a trek for me to travel to but one on the list for a Marshalling visit.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 13:15 (Ref:634233)   #5
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you forgot 'other', a weekend of work for me.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 13:22 (Ref:634253)   #6
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sss suppose you have to work occasionally

Hope you've got big pockets for all those tickets your going to write
Old 17 Jun 2003, 13:26 (Ref:634266)   #7
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only another 50 and the microwave is mine.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 14:30 (Ref:634355)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going to try and get to Snetterton for the HSCC meeting on Sunday (Can't do Saturday)
Old 17 Jun 2003, 16:49 (Ref:634516)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well I'll be at Mondello - no surprises there. I don't believe there's a car meet on at Kirky this weekend - but the weekend after there is a 2 day FFord festival to mark the 50th anniversary of the circuit.

Isn't there a rallycross on at Anglesey this weekend as well? We were thinking of going over to it until we realised it clashed with a Mondello date.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:41 (Ref:634864)   #10
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None of the Above !! off to Loton Park for the weekend for a British Round of the Hillclimb Championship.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 22:37 (Ref:634983)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm at Llandow for a sprint, Bed & Breakfast, and booze and food in the Swan. I think that's what I did last year, but the booze seemed to be the most significant part of the week-end, and I don't remember the rest! I'm told it was fun, though.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 06:56 (Ref:635197)   #12
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To echo Crazystu......
Dont see a Loton Park option in the pole.........
Good racing.....Good company......Good beer.....
And a lunch break with sarnies and crispsand drinks provided......PLUS your sign on fiver................
Old 18 Jun 2003, 07:06 (Ref:635210)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
That's because there is a limit to the number of places you can include in the poll for ten-tenths. I think it's ten and was covered in the first few posts.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 10:28 (Ref:635366)   #14
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be at Silverstone (international) for the MGCC meeting!

Good racing, good company...lots of beer!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 11:25 (Ref:635394)   #15
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at Silverstone for both days now that Cadwell has been cancelled.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 12:31 (Ref:635453)   #16
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be at Rockingham but as a spectator not a marshal. There does seem to be an awful lot on I hope no other meetings suffer due to lack of trackside cover.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 12:47 (Ref:635470)   #17
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As long as our meeting doesn't suffer...its usually one of silverstones biggest (club meeting that is)!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 17:43 (Ref:635734)   #18
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`m with crazystu and BlackX, off for a good weekend at Loton although I`m not sure I will be able to emulate the feat I achieved at Doune...Oh alright I know some of you already know but I may as well tell the rest of you. Adam fleetwood did the usual at East Brae, approach far too fast and not make the left hander at the top..result of on the left bank. He was fine but pi**ed off as you would imagine. Chas and me managed to push him back onto the track. He reckoned it would go with a push so we gave it a go. With such low wings at the back these Goulds aren`t that easy to push but we got some kind of momentum up...and ...just as I was telling Chas not to hold the wing but to push on it....the bloody thing fired up and left us like a bat out of hell...Chas was alright but all my substantial weight was forward and I managed to do the best forward shoulder roll Pike has ever seen!! I told him it was years of 5 a side footie experience! I think it must have looked hilarious the only sad thing is that there was no snapper present to record...I would have had a few 10x8 s...Baz where are you when we need you.
Never mind, i`ll see you guys at Loton where you can extract further fun out of me.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 17:45 (Ref:635735)   #19
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops..for those of you that know...it`s a right hander at the crest of East Brae...tut tut
Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:13 (Ref:635771)   #20
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
going to combe, (yet to recive my passes), two other marshals I`m getting a lift with are going as well.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:27 (Ref:635789)   #21
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bastinscully
going to combe, (yet to recive my passes), two other marshals I`m getting a lift with are going as well.
You might want to check up on your passes, I got mine from the BRDC somewhere around the end of last week.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:38 (Ref:635809)   #22
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
friend of mine recived his passes yesterday. we both live in oxford, should get them tomorrow
Old 18 Jun 2003, 21:28 (Ref:636008)   #23
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Claire
I will be at Rockingham but as a spectator not a marshal. There does seem to be an awful lot on I hope no other meetings suffer due to lack of trackside cover.
Claire I know the BTCC meeting at The Rock is well short on trackside cover, how about coming onto the bank rather than be a speccy. Give Karen at BARC a ring if you are interested.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 23:26 (Ref:636094)   #24
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will be at loton on sat and mallory on sun
Old 19 Jun 2003, 12:22 (Ref:636530)   #25
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid